Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hi guys and girls.

I hear you about the UI, but that is as much a work in progress as the game itself. Right now it works reasonably well but I try to do some tweaking with every update.
The whole spacebar and mouse thing is a result of an update to the UI framework, which I haven't had time to look into - yet.

There is branching in this story. And sub plots down the road. If you help one character over the other, then the information you get through conversations, will be different and will affect how the game progresses for the protagonist. An example of this will already present itself in the next update.
Also bear in mind that, though one choice may have an immediately adverse effect on the protagonist, it may turn out, that said choice was a good one later on.
I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

I've played BB from the beginning, and I thought it had tremendous potential. Sadly DS relinquished control of the development to his/her Patreons. That, IMHO, was a mistake from a storytelling perspective. From a monetary perspective, it has proven to be a good call.
Anyways, I'm not going to berate another developer for his/her choices. That's totally his/her business. I will probably also make choices down the road, that will annoy some readers/player, and fill others with excitement.

About the dick. I thought it looked super large too, when I first designed Mack, but I used measurements within Daz to get it to the "right" size for my purpose. it is, around 9" long and around 2" in diameter. But yeah, it does looks freakishly big.

Thanks again for playing and have a good one.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I was just going over the images and noticed that mom could wear a (grey) bikini instead of the one piece swimsuit, but how? I've chosen her to help unpack, I'm always checking her first during night, so I would think she should wear the sexier bikini by going on her route no?

DarkDemon

Apr 25, 2017
Hi
Thanks for the review update @Zippity. And to everyone else for their kind words. You guys are fast readers :)

About the resolution issues. I haven't been able to duplicate said problems, so it's up hill for me, but (there is always a but) this version may fix the issue:

On another note, and I hope I'm not coming off as being a totally arrogant idiot here, the Space Bar advances the text and the mouse is only for choices and such.

About save games. This ought to be the last time you should be forced to start from scratch. I make no promises here, because I might decide to scrap or change some variables and/or switches down the road. I that case you will need to start all over again.
But for the next few updates you should be :cool:

Now I'm off to bed

Cheers - Kaffekop
@Kaffekop I have problem getting the game started, the game opens up, but the menu buttons start, load, settings, exit doesnt work.
I have never had this issue before, I have played BB, Man of the house based on Unity.
I tried changing the graphic quality from the lowest to the highest, changed resolution, no luck yet.

xb

Nov 9, 2017
@Kaffekop I have problem getting the game started, the game opens up, but the menu buttons start, load, settings, exit doesnt work.
I have never had this issue before, I have played BB, Man of the house based on Unity.
I tried changing the graphic quality from the lowest to the highest, changed resolution, no luck yet.
1. Mash on the space bar a lot to advance screens.
2. In Windows set the task bar to auto-hide so you can get to the menu items at the bottom.

Reactions: psico100

Nexa991

Aug 5, 2016
He is talking about window freezing up on the main menu probably.
Edit: Game cashes like 3.5 gb of ram from 4 for me :O

Aug 13, 2017
Hi guys and girls.

I hear you about the UI, but that is as much a work in progress as the game itself. Right now it works reasonably well but I try to do some tweaking with every update.
The whole spacebar and mouse thing is a result of an update to the UI framework, which I haven't had time to look into - yet.

There is branching in this story. And sub plots down the road. If you help one character over the other, then the information you get through conversations, will be different and will affect how the game progresses for the protagonist. An example of this will already present itself in the next update.
Also bear in mind that, though one choice may have an immediately adverse effect on the protagonist, it may turn out, that said choice was a good one later on.
I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

I've played BB from the beginning, and I thought it had tremendous potential. Sadly DS relinquished control of the development to his/her Patreons. That, IMHO, was a mistake from a storytelling perspective. From a monetary perspective, it has proven to be a good call.
Anyways, I'm not going to berate another developer for his/her choices. That's totally his/her business. I will probably also make choices down the road, that will annoy some readers/player, and fill others with excitement.

About the dick. I thought it looked super large too, when I first designed Mack, but I used measurements within Daz to get it to the "right" size for my purpose. it is, around 9" long and around 2" in diameter. But yeah, it does looks freakishly big.

Thanks again for playing and have a good one.

Cheers - Kaffekop
think you may want to resize him a bit because when its out near the sink in the bathroom there is no way thats 9" might want to toss the measure and go with visually the size you were aiming for

the size it is now the kid would have what looks like a Massive hard on when he doesn't the bulge you give him when he's not hard doesn't match his flaccid dick without shorts on

Dustellar

Aug 22, 2016
Never played this game but I saw the incest tag and I guess I will play this, my question... there's incest in the game? because I don't see it in the genre spoilers, I fear that with the patreon ban many games get rid of that fetish.

And with Incest I mean blood-related incest.

zecon

Jun 2, 2017
So far looks like DoD clone. Same dream\chosen settings, same stupid GG who thinks with his dick, and same 3D models.
DoD? WTH! ... Kid , do you know the difference between tomatoe and pepper? :noexpression: ..... For me this game is better than DoD (for now)

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hey there
Just a quick visit today and nothing fancy to post ;) other than I'm working on 0.03, but that should be expected.

Regarding the crashes, lock up's, freezing issues. I have absolutely no idea why it does that, and it's beyond my understanding when it comes to Unity. I wish I had a better answer than that, but currently I don't.
I too have played many a Unity game in the past and never experienced what any of you describe, so basically I'm dumbfounded.
If any of you fine people should find a solution to the problem, I would be very happy to get an explanation and a "how-to-fix-it" post or mail :)

I was just going over the images and noticed that mom could wear a (grey) bikini instead of the one piece swimsuit, but how? I've chosen her to help unpack, I'm always checking her first during night, so I would think she should wear the sexier bikini by going on her route no?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm off again and again, thanks for playing and it is great to see, that so many of you enjoy the story so far.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: zecon

215303j

Great work Kaffekop! Good story, good models, good renders, no grinding (so far). What's not to like?! ;)
Thumbs up!

I guess that in one or two more updates a walkthrough would be highly appreciated though!

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
it is, around 9" long and around 2" in diameter. But yeah, it does looks freakishly big.
That is freakishly big - but, importantly, not unnatural. It's just above where actual studies tend to top out.

I noticed that saving works fine in ch.1 , but ch.2 saving is suuper slow. Like lock-up, buggy-slow.
I also wish there was a skip button, for when I replay scenes due to either the new version or to check out other branches.

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
upload_2018-1-24_22-41-14.png

Takes an age to get past this screen had to click randomly until hit the right spot. Seems you have to click on the red lettering

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hi again

Great work Kaffekop! Good story, good models, good renders, no grinding (so far). What's not to like?! ;)
Thumbs up!

I guess that in one or two more updates a walkthrough would be highly appreciated though!
Yeah, I'm considering doing a walkthrough, but I'm afraid to mess it up with spoilers to the story for those that play through it for the first time.

That is freakishly big - but, importantly, not unnatural. It's just above where actual studies tend to top out.

I noticed that saving works fine in ch.1 , but ch.2 saving is suuper slow. Like lock-up, buggy-slow.
I also wish there was a skip button, for when I replay scenes due to either the new version or to check out other branches.
The only "skip" button is the "spacebar". It is also the one used to advance text. I might have to write that down in a note and ship it with the game.
I'm sorry to say this, but I haven't been able to recreate a single of the problems that are listed anywhere, so it's difficult to say, what can be wrong.

Takes an age to get past this screen had to click randomly until hit the right spot. Seems you have to click on the red lettering
Yeah. You need to use the "spacebar" to advance text. I'll make a note of it and ship it with the game, next time around.

Have a good one

Cheers - Kaffekop

215303j

Yeah, I'm considering doing a walkthrough, but I'm afraid to mess it up with spoilers to the story for those that play through it for the first time.
Well, it's somebody's own choice to look at a walkthrough, isn't it?

Of course it will spoil some things, but at the rate the story is going, it may be that the player inadvertedly makes some wrong choices and ending up in a "wrong" branch.

For instance, I got the bathroom scene with the neighbour mom, but I'm not sure if that precludes future progress with other characters. A walkthrough could clear that up.

The only "skip" button is the "spacebar". It is also the one used to advance text.
Unfortunately in my experience it, if you press it too often, it also chooses the first option of the next choice.
This combined with the lack of a rollback button,can be a bit annoying.

I guess people are bit too much used to Renpy... ::|:

Renpy's system of Tab skips to next choice / unseen content, combined with rollback function does work pretty well, especially when playing branching stories and wanting explore a different branch in another playthrough.

Reactions: PJ95X
4.10 star(s) 66 Votes