• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Completed Shinobi Gear: Ninja Rikune will not fall to pleasure [v1.01] [neruhituzi]

4.10 star(s) 14 Votes

Arkady

May 15, 2018
Please be sure to thank the translators for their work.
I feel a need to point out people would surely be more inclined to do that if the description wasn't shit MTL calling the female protagonist "he". A shit MTL description will affect people's expectations of the game translation, whether that's justified or not.

And yes, adding a couple of "s"s where needed would have been faster than needing to respont to the comments rather supporting the above point. So please don't respond to me, just fix the (s)hes instead. (And then delete this comment, maybe.)

Fakecrash

May 26, 2017
people ask about censorship but they dont know about the Japanese laws that ban fully visible genitals
I wonder how come some Censorships are so strong that you can't see anything at all (art sections completely removed) and some others are so light, just a couple of slightly transparent small black bars, but both are legal ?

Censorship variations.png

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I wonder how come some Censorships are so strong that you can't see anything at all (art sections completely removed) and some others are so light, just a couple of slightly transparent small black bars, but both are legal ?

View attachment 2076010
Probably technical bullshit.
The dudes who use bars can probably say that they applied the censor since there probably isn't any specifications explaining how you should censor, exactly. Which is why you can get away with that minimal censor shown on the right.
And the one on the left is probably done by dudes who are clueless about ways to bypass it or just don't give a shit.
Or perhaps they can't actually draw genitals well and use that full censor to just gloss over that step. :whistle::coffee:

Reactions: EthelTheLost

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
I feel a need to point out people would surely be more inclined to do that if the description wasn't shit MTL calling the female protagonist "he". A shit MTL description will affect people's expectations of the game translation, whether that's justified or not.

And yes, adding a couple of "s"s where needed would have been faster than needing to respont to the comments rather supporting the above point. So please don't respond to me, just fix the (s)hes instead. (And then delete this comment, maybe.)
Descriptions are taken directly from dlsite wherever possible so they're almost always MTL. It has no bearing on the actual translation.

rageso

Oct 13, 2018
I think the translator is still a genin based on the overview.
I did coding/image work for the patch (my English-primary friend who wants to be anonymous did the English work). Thread uploader probably just used Google translate for the summary. Please be kind to them because I did not provide them with any support except the patch or plan to distribute the game already patched.

Pronouns in the translation should be right in almost all cases.

(Also, this game developer is brand new, please also consider buying the game if you enjoy it. Sales could be higher to help the sequel work)

Reactions: Arkady

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
> Female Protagonist
He???
Does the game have transformation/gender swap, or are the "he" parts just a typing error?

It would seem you are new to Oriental game products.
We will start with English is a crappy language to translate to even for a native English person who is "almost native" fluent in the language they can still make mistakes with he/she, him/her and other seemingly simple pronouns.
We will move onto the translator DOES NOT write or translate for the website trying to sell the game to their oriental market, they work on it either as a paid translator after the game is made or even are just a fan who is able to translate the game. They still don't write the descriptions, some other person who is MAYBE ESL or using google translate does to help sell the product.
Get over yourselves and give the people who attempt to bring you a smidgen of entertainment a thanks instead of whining about how you have to figure out by context that he means she in this particular case. People the whole way along put effort into making a game, translating that game, uploading the game and posting that game, don't get mad because it's not perfect, be happy to have access at all even if you have to figure some stuff out for yourselves.

rageso

Oct 13, 2018
Anyway, about the game. It's a linear VN with RPG aspects. We translated it because the main story is fun. :) I hope the translation is good to enjoy it.

Since someone will want to know. The H-scenes are basically 5 long side stories. They don't matter to the main plot, except the erosion route is caused by the main plot. The theme of the side stories is about corruption, and the writing focuses on the heroines thoughts like Crimson comics. The Metako character will explain how to access them in the game, but the quickest way is to win the game with the cheat weapon.

Reactions: desong and Ferghus

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
The DLsite link need update, it lead to a google translated version that kept me out of my account.

Reactions: Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I did coding/image work for the patch (my English-primary friend who wants to be anonymous did the English work). Thread uploader probably just used Google translate for the summary. Please be kind to them because I did not provide them with any support except the patch or plan to distribute the game already patched.

Pronouns in the translation should be right in almost all cases.

(Also, this game developer is brand new, please also consider buying the game if you enjoy it. Sales could be higher to help the sequel work)
I literally told people this a few hours ago.... The fact that people are making this a thing is just further proof they aren't happy no matter what you do. Exactly like you pointed out, this was taking directly from Dlsite because I didn't feel like writing my own summary today. I have more important things to do.

The fact I even have to point this out is completely sad. If anyone posts giving you shit, just report them and the mods can deal with them.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Japan still struggling with that it seems.
It is not Japan but the translater that struggles. Japanese and chinese is the wet dream of any gender neutral language zelot as instead of Germanic languages they just say Human as in Person. So you have to think based on the context what is now ment.

blckguard

Sep 11, 2017
Sorry if my comment somehow seemed condescending, I was just curious if the game had a male MC that got transformed at some point. I don't get why you guys got so defensive about a regular question. English isn't my original language, so maybe I should have only asked if the game had any transformation/gender swap and not ask if it was an error?

rageso

Oct 13, 2018
Sorry if my comment somehow seemed condescending, I was just curious if the game had a male MC that got transformed at some point. I don't get why you guys got so defensive about a regular question. English isn't my original language, so maybe I should have only asked if the game had any transformation/gender swap and not ask if it was an error?
Hi, you're fine, sorry. To clarify, there are no gender swap themes in this game. The main character is a female ninja named Rikune.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I literally told people this a few hours ago.... The fact that people are making this a thing is just further proof they aren't happy no matter what you do. Exactly like you pointed out, this was taking directly from Dlsite because I didn't feel like writing my own summary today. I have more important things to do.

The fact I even have to point this out is completely sad. If anyone posts giving you shit, just report them and the mods can deal with them.
Long story short, if you do something - do it well, or don't do it at all.
If you don't have time to write 4 lines of text then how is it you have time to upload the game and edit the OP?
Why are you even bothering being an uploader if you have "more important things to do?" :rolleyes::coffee:

rageso

Oct 13, 2018
Please everyone just be kind. :)

Because I did not provide support the uploader did a lot of work. This game has a non-standard patching process because it cannot be extracted by normal tools and they accomplished it successfully. It's done now and the game has a fun story, so please enjoy it. :)

Reactions: thepwnerer

Maskmaker

Jan 31, 2018
Its just strange to say they spent time on the translation but didn't catch the description. It will scare away people.

rageso

Oct 13, 2018
rate this, please Uwu
Won't rate my own translation but I rate the original game 5/5. :giggle:

The smithsmithsmith's review is accurate. Game is about 2 hours long and mechanics are simple, which agrees with internal notes left in development files and Metako's comments. The afterword in Metako after beating the game outlines some of his regrets on development but it was his first game, first story, and first public art so I think it is impressive. And the main story is fun. :giggle:

4.10 star(s) 14 Votes