Ren'Py Shag the Hag 2 (Game Development Thread)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Shame about "Her Android Tears". What a fucking waste of a potentially great story and characters. I'd have subscribed to that one too, but now I'm glad I decided to hold off and wait a bit before jumping in and, as would have happened, wasting my hard earned money.
i didn't think it was that popular, tbh. i didn't get many new subscribers at the time. while i'm real happy to have ANY subs, i don't exactly have many given i spend practically every day of the week on these games/comics etc. i can tell you it's earning me less than a buck an hour total for my effort...

so. doing my best.

Griff83

Feb 20, 2018
I'm super excited for this game, and I know it'll be worth the wait.

The writing in part 1 was the best I've ever seen in one of these types of games. I remember thinking I'd eventually skip the text that pops up when you (I think) start into the woods as soon as it start repeating, but it never did. There was always a fresh new line of descriptive text that I hadn't read yet. It's little things like that, that really show the love and care that goes into your games.

I've been thinking though, is the MC going to learn any magic to make his dick bigger? I doubt there are many guys in the world who wouldn't at least think about it. Peasant's Quest does this, and Inn Another World inverts it (you need a potion to allow a gnome woman to take you). I totally understand if it's not happening (I'm definitely not asking you to add it this late in development). I was just wondering if you'd have anything like that in this game.

Anyways, thanks for making one of my favorite games, and I'm really looking forward to this one!

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I'm super excited for this game, and I know it'll be worth the wait.

The writing in part 1 was the best I've ever seen in one of these types of games. I remember thinking I'd eventually skip the text that pops up when you (I think) start into the woods as soon as it start repeating, but it never did. There was always a fresh new line of descriptive text that I hadn't read yet. It's little things like that, that really show the love and care that goes into your games.

I've been thinking though, is the MC going to learn any magic to make his dick bigger? I doubt there are many guys in the world who wouldn't at least think about it. Peasant's Quest does this, and Inn Another World inverts it (you need a potion to allow a gnome woman to take you). I totally understand if it's not happening (I'm definitely not asking you to add it this late in development). I was just wondering if you'd have anything like that in this game.

Anyways, thanks for making one of my favorite games, and I'm really looking forward to this one!
:p Not sure I'll do that with his dick. but i haven't finished deciding everything i'll do with magic.

i know so far it'll be used for the "combat" (i use that loosely as i'm not making hardcore minigames), and that it'll also be used to summon demon(ettes) depending on your level. those will have their own encounters. anything beyond that is, at the moment, just theory.

it's not late in my development yet. i'm still putting a lot of the core components together. i scrapped the combat system i'd invented as i felt it was starting to get too complex. while i want some variety and fun, i want FUN, and feel if peeps want complexity, they'll go play eve online.

ultimately, i'm trying for a lot more dialogue situations and much more "random" encounters etc. a quest system is my favourite part of this, so you shouldn't need a walkthrough and it adds excuses to boink more random girls of the woods. of which there's more than a handful... :D

hence why this is going to take me a long time to build. for reference, i still have around 700 images done and i don't think that's even half of what i need. maybe only about a third, if that.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
You mean Spreadsheet Simulator 3000? No thanks, I'm getting too old for that. I no longer enjoy games that feel like a job.
i have to say, i went through an eve phase. for me, i loved flying around looking at things more than anything. it's a pretty game. other than that, i tended to avoid getting too deep into it for that reason.

nb8

Jul 22, 2017
i have to say, i went through an eve phase. for me, i loved flying around looking at things more than anything. it's a pretty game. other than that, i tended to avoid getting too deep into it for that reason.
I tried to play for about 2 or 3 days, dug asteroids and saved up for my first corvette, along the way received a reward for my head for a question in the "help" chat. Taking off from the dock on my corvette, I was immediately blown up by some kind of kamikaze player, who, apparently, was very bored and had so much fun, seeing that I need to dig for a new corvette for another 2 days, I deleted the client and I tell everyone not to even think about playing it wretched shit

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I tried to play for about 2 or 3 days, dug asteroids and saved up for my first corvette, along the way received a reward for my head for a question in the "help" chat. Taking off from the dock on my corvette, I was immediately blown up by some kind of kamikaze player, who, apparently, was very bored and had so much fun, seeing that I need to dig for a new corvette for another 2 days, I deleted the client and I tell everyone not to even think about playing it wretched shit
yah, it does attract a certain mindset...

personally, i dumped a lot of my stats into covert ops and do a lot of light hauling just to see the universe. i don't make much isk, and i die now and then, but mostly i fly around fairly unmolested. mind you, i also moved out to a quiet hub and rarely see anyone where i sit most of the time. i keep an eye on who's in the sector and if there's more than 1-3, i slide quickly to the next.

i'm not social. :p

they just added volumetric clouds so i'm going to go nuts looking at different gas clouds and nebulae, i think.

Reactions: Griff83 and nb8

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
this might change, but was working on the UI for the "map". not sure this is what i want, but for now it's something:
1690895242417.png

from the top: it's the three moms, then the wizard shop, the "inn/bakery", the bank. (being mostly commerce and raw ingredients)
next row: goblins, jogger (events), venom collecting, hunting, mushroom picking, fishing.
final row: special events which you can repeat (i'm not spoiling those - but these may be removed in favour of other things and left as completely random events).

each site will need to be unlocked before you can click to go there.

affen123

Oct 6, 2017
I do not know how far your game is, but if you are still looking for a fetish, I have another that unfortunately receives too little attention women in chastity belt they still have on during anal sex.

StephanieD

Jan 16, 2023
I bet I'll be a zombie before the game is finish.
The first page says Thread Updated: 2020-08-13, which means
L8ERALgames has been working on Shag the Hag 2 for 3 years,
because 8-13-20 to 8-13-23 is 3 years and we're past the 8th into the 9th month.

I'm not a fan of tip toeing around a subject, so let's just ask him.

L8ERALgames can you tell us why the game has been in production for 3 years and
not been released in this time?

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
The first page says Thread Updated: 2020-08-13, which means
L8ERALgames has been working on Shag the Hag 2 for 3 years,
because 8-13-20 to 8-13-23 is 3 years and we're past the 8th into the 9th month.

I'm not a fan of tip toeing around a subject, so let's just ask him.

L8ERALgames can you tell us why the game has been in production for 3 years and
not been released in this time?
reading the thread, you'd see i got a fair bit in and patreon pinged me for the characters being too toony that they looked younger than they are.

i raged and instead worked on other games/comics for a bit.

have since restarted and rebuilt the game from the ground up.

in the past week, i did the following:
  • re-did the code for the bakery shop so now all items buy/sell with more efficient code making it easier to scale up if i want to add items to the store
  • started building code for the fishing mini-game which will allow the player to collect fish for an achievement, collect fish to sell, and open up sexy times with a river naiad
  • re-coded how i deal with random dialogue to make it easier to give more varied options in certain circumstances to provide greater replayability
it's also taking so long because there's no way in hell i'm releasing this half-finished. not making that mistake again.

finally, this isn't my day job. i have a day job. multiple day jobs. sometimes weekend jobs. a guy's gotta eat, and my work barely pays for the assets i buy. doesn't even pay for the coke i drink, if i'm honest. edit: i made more money from tax refunds than from the game.

so, i work on it when i can.

i think the bigger problem is people have a high level of entitlement and a misconception involving how much money i make with my games. i also think a large majority of people on this platform at least feel they don't have to pay creators anything because we should somehow feel grateful our work was downloaded in the first place. if you think about it that way, you'll see why so many games are abandoned here midway through their creation.

when devs have to work harder at their day jobs, they soon lose either motivation or time to update their games or work on their comics or whatever.

sure, a few *coughmilfycitycough* games can't use that as an excuse, but these are rare. very rare. the majority of devs are making fuck all because the majority of people downloading our work don't care enough to fling us a few cents.

seriously, bums on the street earn more than me if i judge by what's in their hats when i walk past them on the way to work.

whinge done, at the end of the day i make this game and my comics and other games simply because i LIKE to. sure, i'd love to do it for a living, but i've given up on that daydream.

final edit: that wasn't a whinge aimed at you, StephanieD - just a generic whinge in response to the question. :)

Last edited:

Joncik_Ko

Dec 26, 2021
reading the thread, you'd see i got a fair bit in and patreon pinged me for the characters being too toony that they looked younger than they are.

i raged and instead worked on other games/comics for a bit.

have since restarted and rebuilt the game from the ground up.

in the past week, i did the following:
  • re-did the code for the bakery shop so now all items buy/sell with more efficient code making it easier to scale up if i want to add items to the store
  • started building code for the fishing mini-game which will allow the player to collect fish for an achievement, collect fish to sell, and open up sexy times with a river naiad
  • re-coded how i deal with random dialogue to make it easier to give more varied options in certain circumstances to provide greater replayability
it's also taking so long because there's no way in hell i'm releasing this half-finished. not making that mistake again.

finally, this isn't my day job. i have a day job. multiple day jobs. sometimes weekend jobs. a guy's gotta eat, and my work barely pays for the assets i buy. doesn't even pay for the coke i drink, if i'm honest. edit: i made more money from tax refunds than from the game.

so, i work on it when i can.

i think the bigger problem is people have a high level of entitlement and a misconception involving how much money i make with my games. i also think a large majority of people on this platform at least feel they don't have to pay creators anything because we should somehow feel grateful our work was downloaded in the first place. if you think about it that way, you'll see why so many games are abandoned here midway through their creation.

when devs have to work harder at their day jobs, they soon lose either motivation or time to update their games or work on their comics or whatever.

sure, a few *coughmilfycitycough* games can't use that as an excuse, but these are rare. very rare. the majority of devs are making fuck all because the majority of people downloading our work don't care enough to fling us a few cents.

seriously, bums on the street earn more than me if i judge by what's in their hats when i walk past them on the way to work.

whinge done, at the end of the day i make this game and my comics and other games simply because i LIKE to. sure, i'd love to do it for a living, but i've given up on that daydream.

final edit: that wasn't a whinge aimed at you, StephanieD - just a generic whinge in response to the question. :)
Will the game be aviable on Steam or GOG when it's finished?