Back

Aug 3, 2017
Re: Machinations Against the "Masters"
Rowan faces difficult, often impossible, choices and must live with the consequences of his actions or inactions. He knows that he's a villain; albeit, a reluctant one, but does what he can from within while in service to his diabolic masters. Solansia's light has difficulty reaching Bloodmeen and her inhabitants so perhaps a few strings of fate were nudged just a little to help move and maneuver a certain piece into place...

(Sorry, I just had to have a little fun with that paragraph.) The short answer is "yes"--there are indeed ways to plot against the Twins, hurt them, and (later on) ultimately bring them down; like an undetected cancer eating away at a body from within. There are some subtle things you can do here and there [such as knowingly sending off a goblin caravan along with an orc detachment to their doom, cultivate your own agent to spy on the Twins (sp. Jezera), secretly saving the lives of certain individuals, and so forth], but it's infrequent and mostly in the background. The idea that Rowan (and others) can work against Bloodmeen and the Twins IS there and previously identified by the SoC team as a possible path, but development has focused on other areas. So long as Rowan isn't cowed by the demons and keep his corruption in check, he can still take pride in living by his morals and help others. Unfortunately, this path of subterfuge appears to be a low priority at the moment.

Re: Issues encountered in v0.2.41
Whelp, I finally got around to playing a more recent version of the game. I spent most of my time just enjoying it and creating an accurate map for the exploration part of the game; so, I wasn't really focused on doing a bug hunt. However, I had to chuckle and shrug at seeing some ancient and persistent typos that were still in the game. Anyway, I'm still around mid-40s on the turn week on my first run, and I got to say the Orcaid events were fun--they were really cool. Lots of things a player can do!

On the other hand, the expanded region was very disappointing. Respectively speaking, the entirety of the eastern map save Rastedel was boring. I mean, a single village near Raeve Keep, a Winery up north, and then one each of an Abbey, a Lair/Monster Nest, and Mine across the second bridge from the initial Portal amongst a landscape dominated by only two terrain types in that huge eastern area... It's lacking. The expanded map just doesn't compare to the more interesting western region. I get that sometimes less is more, but nothing is, well, still nothing. No offense intended at all but, I don't know, throw a village or something in that hinterland region south of the capital, yeah? As it is, it just felt "desolate". Thankfully, there are a lot of random encounters in the game to keep the spirit up while mapping out that region.

Alright, let's talk about some other issues real quick:
  • Villages - The game is not correctly tracking this. For example, in my current save, the game says I only have three villages under Bloodmeen's thumb despite folding all the villages in the exploration map towards the Twins. At least the Mines are tracked correctly.
  • Tech Tree / Build Data - What the heck happened here, guys? I'm literally researching and building blind. Virtually none of it has any descriptions about what it does or what things are unlocked once completed. It wasn't perfect in the past, but it was a lot more descriptive and useful once upon a time. Also, I don't think the research points from test subjects are being correctly accrued.
  • Tangentially, the income summary is still a mysterious mess. Like, if a player has 400gp in the treasury and a listed income of +50 or thereabouts, then why would spending 300 of it on building something would change the income listed to something crazy like -157 all of a sudden after deducting 300? (And after all that, a player will discover that she's still in the black despite what the income summary claims will happen at the start of a new week.) Even without building anything, one never knows what the amount in the treasury will ultimately end up at. It's confusing! An overhaul of it, or a financial page breaking everything down is needed. I just sort of guesstimate my way through whether there's a need for a positive cashflow or building something won't nix some criteria set by the Twins.
  • Inventory - This also took a back seat. Nothing's priced. I also horrifically discovered that clicking things spent my very limited funds. I just wanted to see what things were... Did NOT realize that right-clicking while hovering over items is how you go about looking into items in detail (heh). A short note about that is required to inform players. Also, while in Rowan's personal inventory, if a player right-clicks on items on his person the game crashes immediately.
  • Sidenote: I'd like to see the codexes get updated a bit more. For example, while going through the Orcaid events, that quest was being continuously updated. That's awesome. Other stuff, like Heleyna or Arthdale, could use an update to represent the current state of things. Oh, about Heleyna, a minor thing but I kept running into continuity problems in the story after assisting in her escape (as a paragon Rowan). As I said, it's minor, but wanted to note it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To the SoC team - This version was fun! Having not played for several versions, seeing the new additions to the game that I've ran across so far was impressive. *Thumbs up* Keep up the good work and here's hoping that the world in the game continue to be imaginative and detailed! Woo~!

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
the gays have it with last month's new Andras x Rowan scene.
We have triumphed this day, on this day of days most sacred and holy!

Come my brothers, Rejoice! oh Gays and Bi's, Rejoice!

Rejoice, you jolly Pan people, Rejoice!

Uh... Lesbians. You probably wont like this content so much. But uh... you can Rejoice anyway! The greater the quantity of gay, the better!

Here's to getting fucked by demons! Here's to Jezera fingering minotaur women!

As for now, I will be eagerly awaiting the next update.

aqd

Jul 16, 2017
It would be pretty hot if futa Alexia started banging all the girls Rowan cheats on her with. Having sex with Helanya? Guess who's got an even bigger D for her. Fun with Lirial? Looks like she's already filled up...

Mirvel

Feb 12, 2019
I started the game again... and discovered some new scenes again, this is quite amazing... and this time I managed to avoid the financial problems I had the last time.

However... I still hit the same dead end: the two fey ambassadors are in the castle, I visited both, the witch once, the wolfman twice, and nothing new happens. I'm on week 250, I explored all the map, I made the librarian do all the available researches, made the dwarf build all that was available too, made Alexa do all the jobs.

Am I missing something to further the story? Or is it just waiting for an update?

Mirvel

Feb 12, 2019
It would be pretty hot if futa Alexia started banging all the girls Rowan cheats on her with. Having sex with Helanya? Guess who's got an even bigger D for her. Fun with Lirial? Looks like she's already filled up...
I second that. Futa or not futa, it would work with "regular" Alexia too.

Also, I'd like to see more of Mary the maid, and some action involving her.

And more of the succubus' shenanigans...

Reactions: T800

Back

Aug 3, 2017
@T51bwinterized @Rein Bug (Minotaur Path) - Choosing "Pull yourself together and resist Jezera's foul magic." will result in an "An exception has occurred" error in the game soon afterwards. Selecting Ignore will only lead to further exception errors. As I recall, this was not a problem in older versions of the game. Hopefully it'll be an easy bug to squash!

Ano85

May 21, 2018
We have triumphed this day, on this day of days most sacred and holy!

Come my brothers, Rejoice! oh Gays and Bi's, Rejoice!

Rejoice, you jolly Pan people, Rejoice!

Uh... Lesbians. You probably wont like this content so much. But uh... you can Rejoice anyway! The greater the quantity of gay, the better!

Here's to getting fucked by demons! Here's to Jezera fingering minotaur women!

As for now, I will be eagerly awaiting the next update.
Can I object to this? As a bi-top I'm still quite dissatisfied with the gay content present in the game.

I'd love to support the game, yet currently I'm not convinced that I would get what I want anytime soon...

At least you are having fun I guess.

Reactions: TheSexinati

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Can I object to this? As a bi-top I'm still quite dissatisfied with the gay content present in the game.

I'd love to support the game, yet currently I'm not convinced that I would get what I want anytime soon...

At least you are having fun I guess.
I completely understand where you are coming from. I myself am waiting ceaselessly for the choice to fuck Andras up the ass ;)

That said, there is some alright gay content that came out recently IMHO. There is a goblin scene which comes to mind, though what one would consider 'alright' gay content is up for debate.

Hell, I'm just happy for any gay content at all. Not many other High quality VN games actually have this.

Reactions: rKnight

RJ4547

Feb 12, 2019
This update end in week 60? Not matter what I do, I alwas die in week 60 because of don't have Enough army, or the they have more army than me. And how I can collect money in the game. Please help me. Also I explore all the map, what to do next?

Skeletor

Jun 20, 2017
Anybody know anything about the Topaz you get? Do you just sell it or is there an event where you can actually gift it to someone?

Back

Aug 3, 2017
This update end in week 60? Not matter what I do, I alwas die in week 60 because of don't have Enough army, or the they have more army than me. And how I can collect money in the game. Please help me. Also I explore all the map, what to do next?
There is an Orc Encampment near an Abbey and the Northern Portal on the upper-left side of the map that you have to bring into fold. Upon your first visit there, you'll initiate the Orcaid events--it is not left to chance. You'll have to reenter the camp for several weeks afterwards to help with the power struggle and back one of the orc leaders. A leader must come out victorious prior to Week 60. There have been a handful of reports from among a few players that they could not initiate the Orcaid event upon entering the Orc Encampment tile on the map. The development team is doing a "deep dive" to root out the bug. The hypothesis is that if you travel to this tile too early while using the latest version of the game, then it may not work. So if you could not get the Orcaid events to initially trigger or wrap up Orcaid in time (prior to Week 60) to get the orcs to commit to backing Bloodmeen, then you're boned.

To collect money, you'll need to have Villages and Mines under your control, and obtaining income-generating research and buildings like Trade Routes and Tavern. (We don't really know which ones for certain since the Tech Tree and Build menu became screwy and lacks details in the current version.) If you do not build anything at Bloodmeen, then it appears you'll get more income as well. Honestly, the income screen is a hot mess and needs an overhaul. Also, in the current version of the game, Villages are not tracked accurately in the game. These should be a start and hopefully you'll get cash coming in. In my current run of my game, I have +20 gold or so despite controlling all these income-generating locations.

Reactions: T800

RJ4547

Feb 12, 2019
There is an Orc Encampment near an Abbey and the Northern Portal on the upper-left side of the map that you have to bring into fold. Upon your first visit there, you'll initiate the Orcaid events--it is not left to chance. You'll have to reenter the camp for several weeks afterwards to help with the power struggle and back one of the orc leaders. A leader must come out victorious prior to Week 60. There have been a handful of reports from among a few players that they could not initiate the Orcaid event upon entering the Orc Encampment tile on the map. The development team is doing a "deep dive" to root out the bug. The hypothesis is that if you travel to this tile too early while using the latest version of the game, then it may not work. So if you could not get the Orcaid events to initially trigger or wrap up Orcaid in time (prior to Week 60) to get the orcs to commit to backing Bloodmeen, then you're boned.

To collect money, you'll need to have Villages and Mines under your control, and obtaining income-generating research and buildings like Trade Routes and Tavern. (We don't really know which ones for certain since the Tech Tree and Build menu became screwy and lacks details in the current version.) If you do not build anything at Bloodmeen, then it appears you'll get more income as well. Honestly, the income screen is a hot mess and needs an overhaul. Also, in the current version of the game, Villages are not tracked accurately in the game. These should be a start and hopefully you'll get cash coming in. In my current run of my game, I have +20 gold or so despite controlling all these income-generating locations.
Thanks, but how I can attack the castle that Mistress told me to spy? And how many weeks the lady in the library do the research to level up my palace?

SameOldScum

Jul 15, 2017
Re: Machinations Against the "Masters"
[...]
(Sorry, I just had to have a little fun with that paragraph.) The short answer is "yes"--there are indeed ways to plot against the Twins, hurt them, and (later on) ultimately bring them down; like an undetected cancer eating away at a body from within. There are some subtle things you can do here and there [such as knowingly sending off a goblin caravan along with an orc detachment to their doom, cultivate your own agent to spy on the Twins (sp. Jezera), secretly saving the lives of certain individuals, and so forth], but it's infrequent and mostly in the background. The idea that Rowan (and others) can work against Bloodmeen and the Twins IS there and previously identified by the SoC team as a possible path, but development has focused on other areas. So long as Rowan isn't cowed by the demons and keep his corruption in check, he can still take pride in living by his morals and help others. Unfortunately, this path of subterfuge appears to be a low priority at the moment.
If I may, whenever you consider working on that aspect of the game, I'd like to offer a suggestion. I think you shouldn't tie IF Rowan decides to overthrow the twins to a morality or corruption score. Let me be clearer: a higher corruption in my mind doesn't necessarily mean that the MC, game-wise, thinks "Ah well, it's not so bad living under their thumb, let's stick with them, it'll be fun". On the contrary, it means that the MC has become a hedonistic bastard but he still remembers the goal: take the twins down. In my mind, corruption isn't a way to measure if he overthrows them or not, but rather HOW he decides to overthrow them, why and with what effects. A low-corruption Rowan might try his best to return the world to its previous state, a high-corruption Rowan might come to understand the practicality of some of the twins' ideas, or outright decide that the world shall drown in blood and pussy juice. Guilt might also play a part, such as a high guilt with low corruption makes Rowan's methods more akin to a zealot in his quest to fix things, thus actually making things worse, or a high guilt AND a high corruption might actually balance him a bit, keeping him a hedonist who tries to do good while enjoying himself. Whatever you decide to do, I feel like it would be much more interesting if you could make this a complicated matter.
It would also be nice if you could either get rid of your least favorite twin, convince one or both of them to join you (either through your sheer power or by slowly but steadily gaining more and more of their admiration, somehow), or to make them suffer the ultimate humiliation: purify them. To utterly destroy the legacy in their blood, forever ruining their plans and their father's plans.

I hope this suggestion is taken with the original meaning of utmost respect. I by no means want to sound demanding or arrogant, but I'm simply too excited about this game to stay quiet.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
In my mind, corruption isn't a way to measure if he overthrows them or not, but rather HOW he decides to overthrow them, why and with what effects.
I like this; I like it a lot. Points well taken. Here's hoping that the development team will take note of it.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
Just stumbled on this... maybe a month ago, and have been playing around with the non-backer version to see what it's all about. Using the Mac version, if it matters. Started with 0.2.39, and started a new save in 0.2.40 just recently. In my first save, I wanted to see the tentacle scene, so post-Helayna I gave Alexia up and let Andras punish her, and everything went pretty much according to the scene list in that google drive guide. In the new save, I decided to try the whipping scene and went easy on her. I rolled poorly, so Andras threw her in the dungeon with the wulump, which is fine, but for some reason the 4th week event (AndrasxAlexia) isn't triggering. I tried reloading from an earlier save (2nd week wulump event), but after skipping to the 4th week to test, it still didn't trigger. Is this intentional or a bug? Further details: immediately after the 3rd week wulump scene, I can assign Alexia to a job again (which I don't believe you can during her imprisonment). There's no dialogue at all concerning her release or reaction to her stay by the 6th week after her initial imprisonment.

If this has been brought up before, I apologize; I tried going back through the beginning of January to see if it had been reported before and didn't find anything that seemed immediately relevant.

EDIT: Just went back to an earlier save on the same new file and chose to let Andras punish her instead of punishing her myself, and yep, the 4th week dungeon scene still played normally in that path, so it seems like the absent scene is limited to choosing to punish Alexia yourself and failing to make it convincing if you choose to take it easy on her. Is this supposed to happen?

perez3579

Nov 16, 2018
Can any one help me, i don't really understand how to recruit the orc camp, when the female orc tells me to find the pink demon she asks for

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
Can any one help me, i don't really understand how to recruit the orc camp, when the female orc tells me to find the pink demon she asks for
By "pink," Tarish is referring to humans ("pinkskins"), not a demon. (You may be thinking of when she says "demon's pink," referring to Rowan being the servant of Andras, and immmediately follows it up by talking about finding the "pink lady," by which she means Delane, the noblewoman all three leaders are fighting over.)

Probably the easiest way to progress through the Orc camp arc is to send in a spy to corrupt Delane, though this locks you into Batri's path. To do this you need to first have built the Brothel and recruited at least one spy; you'll also need to keep exploring the camp until you find Delane. It's been a while since I did that part of the game, but this should be enough to unlock the option to send the spy in.

If you don't want to send the spy, or prefer not to let Batri take over the orc camp, you'll need to repeatedly explore the camp to talk with Delane several times, as well as go on raids with the orcs to find "luxury goods" for Ulcro, report Delane's whereabouts to Batri, or talk to Jezera and Cla-Min for Tarish.

Honestly, I'm not really sure why the spy locks you into Batri's path. I feel like corrupting Delane and leading her to Tarish or getting her to fall for Ulcro would accomplish pretty much the same things as following either of their paths without the spy, except for Delane's reactions. Or maybe those options have been planned but aren't yet implemented?

Reactions: lOlNoo and T800
4.00 star(s) 161 Votes