• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

pepesukz

Jul 7, 2023
I had issues installing the game too and what worked for me was instead of installing it normally, I just mounted the iso files and copied the entire School days folder from both discs over to my hard drive. Entire game works perfectly fine by doing that. No waiting for any weird buggy instal menu or blacks screens because it didn't install properly.
I was just gonna ask about that issue as well and didn't thought about doing that instead, thanks for the reminder!

pepesukz

Jul 7, 2023
Here is a question: why is Makoto always fully dressed for every sex scene? I'm sorry, but it's so weird how the girls are completely nude meanwhile Makoto still has his shoes on.
That irritates me too lmao! like how is that comfortable for anime boys/men to do? is it like a quick fuck & dip sorta thing or just to lazy to take his clothes off, maybe fear of getting caught naked by someone else?

perqontolan2022

Nov 7, 2022
is there any pixeldrain link for the game? latest version? really love the anime since my childhood, sadly it also hurt me during the folk dance scene :(

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
is there any pixeldrain link for the game? latest version? really love the anime since my childhood, sadly it also hurt me during the folk dance scene :(
If you make a specific set of decisions you can actually dance with Kotonoha during the folk dance in the game. Not straight forward to get but it's a cute/satisfying scene for sure.

haha1110

Nov 11, 2020
If you make a specific set of decisions you can actually dance with Kotonoha during the folk dance in the game. Not straight forward to get but it's a cute/satisfying scene for sure.
The length of the dance with Kotonaha is so short compared to Sekai however. You can tell by those small details how deep the director of this game hates her lol

KumfeyKowch

Mar 22, 2020
The length of the dance with Kotonaha is so short compared to Sekai however. You can tell by those small details how deep the director of this game hates her lol
I've never thought about it but it makes sense. While Sekai does sort of get raped by that one dude (Tatsuki?) I forget his name. He full fledged sexually assaults Kotonoha. At least that's what I've seen. Haven't gotten all endings yet.

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
I mean it's sorta a hidden side scene so not surprising that its short. Kotonoha gets other stuff though. Like in Shiny days she gets 3 more endings while Sekai gets basically nothing. Sestuna's the one who got super fucked in the first game though. One section with an H scene but not even a proper ending.

haha1110

Nov 11, 2020
I mean it's sorta a hidden side scene so not surprising that its short. Kotonoha gets other stuff though. Like in Shiny days she gets 3 more endings while Sekai gets basically nothing. Sestuna's the one who got super fucked in the first game though. One section with an H scene but not even a proper ending.
I've never thought about it but it makes sense. While Sekai does sort of get raped by that one dude (Tatsuki?) I forget his name. He full fledged sexually assaults Kotonoha. At least that's what I've seen. Haven't gotten all endings yet.
Right, both Sekai and Kotonoha try to use Taisuke as a leverage to get Makoto jealous if they are not chosen. However, you get one chance to take Sekai back once Taisuke start dating Sekai, while Kotonoha will 100% be assaulted if they start dating. This logic also applies to route after: Sekai will break up with Taisuke after a while and be consoled by Nanami, while Kotonoha will stick with Taisuke since she has no friend in the first place and got betrayed by her only friend Sekai.

darvo

Nov 18, 2018
I downloaded the 1.00 version and played normally yesterday. But when I added the patch today, the game became black screen with sound only. I tried to reinstall the game , but the setup gave me only the “uninstall exe” every time I clicked the”install button”. I also tried the game exe in the iso files, but still black screen with sound. Please help I wanted to play this game for a long time

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
Right, both Sekai and Kotonoha try to use Taisuke as a leverage to get Makoto jealous if they are not chosen. However, you get one chance to take Sekai back once Taisuke start dating Sekai, while Kotonoha will 100% be assaulted if they start dating. This logic also applies to route after: Sekai will break up with Taisuke after a while and be consoled by Nanami, while Kotonoha will stick with Taisuke since she has no friend in the first place and got betrayed by her only friend Sekai.
Sure they have different personalities are will act differently in a similar situation. I don't see how that's proof that the game likes Sekai more. By the same logic Makoto always starts dating Kotonoha first and in every Sekai route she has to do slimy shit to worm her way between them. Meanwhile Kotonoha can remain squeeky clean and moral which she usually does.
And again in Shiny days Kotonoha gets SOOO much more. Tons of screentime and high quality endings in both main branches. Sekai gets like 1 H scene and a short ending I think. You can also fuck her mom in front of her which is pretty funny XD

haha1110

Nov 11, 2020
Sure they have different personalities are will act differently in a similar situation. I don't see how that's proof that the game likes Sekai more. By the same logic Makoto always starts dating Kotonoha first and in every Sekai route she has to do slimy shit to worm her way between them. Meanwhile Kotonoha can remain squeeky clean and moral which she usually does.
And again in Shiny days Kotonoha gets SOOO much more. Tons of screentime and high quality endings in both main branches. Sekai gets like 1 H scene and a short ending I think. You can also fuck her mom in front of her which is pretty funny XD
I understood where you are coming from. It might not be obvious by the game school days HQ itself, but if you look at it in the chronological order, it would be more obvious.

In the 2005 original release version, there were multiple routes for Kotonoha's good endings still being non-existence, and they were added after multiple patches. There were even more gruesome endings for Kotanoha in the ps2 version that she being killed by Sekai which HQ version did not include.

Secondly, the director of school days series "メイザーズぬまきち", there were interviews of him saying that he doesn't like the figure Kotonoha represents (pretty, shy, well-educated, socially awkward) and it bothered him that she became so popular after the game released. Those materials are available in japanese only though.

The director was frustrated that Sekai was well hated after the first school days game, so he tried using Setsuna as another contender in the love triangle in summer days (asia version of shiny days). But the popularity of Kotonoha was still unmatched by any other female characters. So in Cross days, not only there were assaulting scenes for her (one scene even almost in her own father's face), they also made her crazy by killing MC's older sister out of jealousy.

With all that being said, I am not arguing with you that they prefer Sekai in any way (as you can see, she was completely marginalized in the following series), but they ABSOLUTELY HATE Kotonaha.

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
I understood where you are coming from. It might not be obvious by the game school days HQ itself, but if you look at it in the chronological order, it would be more obvious.

In the 2005 original release version, there were multiple routes for Kotonoha's good endings still being non-existence, and they were added after multiple patches. There were even more gruesome endings for Kotanoha in the ps2 version that she being killed by Sekai which HQ version did not include.

Secondly, the director of school days series "メイザーズぬまきち", there were interviews of him saying that he doesn't like the figure Kotonoha represents (pretty, shy, well-educated, socially awkward) and it bothered him that she became so popular after the game released. Those materials are available in japanese only though.

The director was frustrated that Sekai was well hated after the first school days game, so he tried using Setsuna as another contender in the love triangle in summer days (asia version of shiny days). But the popularity of Kotonoha was still unmatched by any other female characters. So in Cross days, not only there were assaulting scenes for her (one scene even almost in her own father's face), they also made her crazy by killing MC's older sister out of jealousy.

With all that being said, I am not arguing with you that they prefer Sekai in any way (as you can see, she was completely marginalized in the following series), but they ABSOLUTELY HATE Kotonaha.
Hmm that's some interesting background information. Reminds me of Re:Zero's author getting mad that the fans loved Rem so much overshadowing the main heroine so he put her in a coma. I wonder what that director's actual job is or how much sway he had in School Days' story, characters and whatnot. Like does he write the route or tell someone to write a route in this or that way?
Idk it feels like the very premise of the story paints Sekai as the "bad guy" trying to break up a couple to steal the guy (although she brought them together in the first place) so I don't see why they'd be surprised when people hate her.
I guess the fan feedback still made them give Kotonoha even more screentime later. In many ways her relationship with Makoto is even better/happier in Shiny days. I am happy Setsuna finally got a proper route there too. There's even a route where she becomes friends with Kotonoha so I don't see her as an "enemy" even if they are love rivals. They're both just very kind and wholseome characters even if their backgrounds are different.

I think the School Days franchise in general has a lot of optional fucked up stuff that is there but you can avoid it if you don't want to see it. We haven't mentioned the anime either where Sekai is unavoidably the bad guy again who ends up killing Makoto out of jealousy and then Kotonoha kills her back. It's of course a fucked situation for everyone involved but Kotonoha technically won both the love war and the physical confrontation.
I'm personally happy as long as I can play my preferred route and get the happy ending for the characters I want. I'm not that bothered that some rape shit exists in a game that I'm not even gonna play because it's only in Japanese anyway. Or even in a different route I can avoid. Just make the choices to avoid it then.

Reactions: haha1110

haha1110

Nov 11, 2020
Hmm that's some interesting background information. Reminds me of Re:Zero's author getting mad that the fans loved Rem so much overshadowing the main heroine so he put her in a coma. I wonder what that director's actual job is or how much sway he had in School Days' story, characters and whatnot. Like does he write the route or tell someone to write a route in this or that way?
Idk it feels like the very premise of the story paints Sekai as the "bad guy" trying to break up a couple to steal the guy (although she brought them together in the first place) so I don't see why they'd be surprised when people hate her.
I guess the fan feedback still made them give Kotonoha even more screentime later. In many ways her relationship with Makoto is even better/happier in Shiny days. I am happy Setsuna finally got a proper route there too. There's even a route where she becomes friends with Kotonoha so I don't see her as an "enemy" even if they are love rivals. They're both just very kind and wholseome characters even if their backgrounds are different.

I think the School Days franchise in general has a lot of optional fucked up stuff that is there but you can avoid it if you don't want to see it. We haven't mentioned the anime either where Sekai is unavoidably the bad guy again who ends up killing Makoto out of jealousy and then Kotonoha kills her back. It's of course a fucked situation for everyone involved but Kotonoha technically won both the love war and the physical confrontation.
I'm personally happy as long as I can play my preferred route and get the happy ending for the characters I want. I'm not that bothered that some rape shit exists in a game that I'm not even gonna play because it's only in Japanese anyway. Or even in a different route I can avoid. Just make the choices to avoid it then.
Interesting, I never watched Re:Zero but the author sounded so bold to do that to the most popular character lol. It is like putting Lebron on the bench because he was rude to the coach.

Setsuna is definitely a heroine with higher moral value than Sekai. You can tell by her route in School Days already - it will only be triggered when you don't show interest on both side (skip all options).
Let alone the fact that she had a crush on Makoto first and still willing to give up her seat to Sekai out of friendship. She will only kick Makoto from the back and ask him to stay with Kotonoha if you chose her during the festival (I don't think Sekai will give up that easily).

Anime version is just one hell of a ride, they put 3 bad endings altogether in one run (Everyone's Makoto: Kotonoha assaulted by Taisuke, Makoto has sex with almost all classmates, To my children: Sekai kills Makoto after being dumped due to pregenancy, Bloody end: Kotonoha kills Sekai after being betrayed and bullied) and still makes sense.

I was so offended by the Kotonoha broken route and was wondering what kind of mind would come up with the plot against this innocent character. And as I got more information from the various sources and background, I got to the conclusion that, wow, they did hate her lol.

I guess that's why this game/IP is so memorable (traumatizing).

Last edited:

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
Interesting, I never watched Re:Zero but the author sounded so bold to do that to the most popular character lol. It is like putting Lebron on the bench because he was rude to the coach.

Setsuna is definitely a heroine with higher moral value than Sekai. You can tell by her route in School Days already - it will only be triggered when you don't show interest on both side (skip all options).
Let alone the fact that she had a crush on Makoto first and still willing to give up her seat to Sekai out of friendship. She will only kick Makoto from the back and ask him to stay with Kotonoha if you chose her during the festival (I don't think Sekai will give up that easily).

Anime version is just one hell of a ride, they put 3 bad endings altogether in one run (Everyone's Makoto: Kotonoha assaulted by Taisuke, Makoto has sex with almost all classmates, To my children: Sekai kills Makoto after being dumped due to pregenancy, Bloody end: Kotonoha kills Sekai after being betrayed and bullied) and still makes sense.

I was so offended by the Kotonoha broken route and was wondering what kind of mind would come up with the plot against this innocent character. And as I got more information from the various sources and background, I got to the conclusion that, wow, they did hate her lol.

I guess that's why this game/IP is so memorable (traumatizing).
Hmm, you should still watch Re:Zero (at least the first season) but Rem is basically a side character that everybody liked more than the main heroine (because she's objectively way better) and then she abruptly gets put into a coma for the next 10 volumes or something. I don't think the author admitted his reasoning outright but he did make statements that he never expected Rem to become so popular and is disappointed that she's overshadowing the main heroine. I think most people can put 2 and 2 together from that.
And as shitty as it is, his strategy pretty much worked as it seems Emilia is about as popular as Rem now at least in the west based on MAL statistics and stuff. Although some of that might be botted.

Yea I know, Setsuna was my favorite when I first played School Days and I was so disappointed she didn't have a proper route/ending. Sekai screwed over her best friend so hard before the game's events that she destroyed every possible timeline where she could be happy (at least with Makoto). We literally have to travel back in time just for Setsuna to have a chance of winning. Now years later I do think Kotonoha is the best ship though.
Btw Kotonoha pays Setsuna back in that one Shiny Days route by hitting Makoto when he was trying to come onto her while he was fighting with Setsuna.

Well in the anime Kotonoha killed Sekai as revenge for killing Makoto and also partly in self defense since Sekai was about to kill her too (attacked first even?). I think that's quite a bit different than the VN ending where its out of jealousy and Makoto's standing right there. The anime definitely explored some unique scenarios that weren't in any of the games.
Anyway just pick the pro Kotonoha choices every time and you're guaranteed a good ending. Don't humor any of Sekai's manipulative mind games.

haha1110

Nov 11, 2020
Hmm, you should still watch Re:Zero (at least the first season) but Rem is basically a side character that everybody liked more than the main heroine (because she's objectively way better) and then she abruptly gets put into a coma for the next 10 volumes or something. I don't think the author admitted his reasoning outright but he did make statements that he never expected Rem to become so popular and is disappointed that she's overshadowing the main heroine. I think most people can put 2 and 2 together from that.
And as shitty as it is, his strategy pretty much worked as it seems Emilia is about as popular as Rem now at least in the west based on MAL statistics and stuff. Although some of that might be botted.

Yea I know, Setsuna was my favorite when I first played School Days and I was so disappointed she didn't have a proper route/ending. Sekai screwed over her best friend so hard before the game's events that she destroyed every possible timeline where she could be happy (at least with Makoto). We literally have to travel back in time just for Setsuna to have a chance of winning. Now years later I do think Kotonoha is the best ship though.
Btw Kotonoha pays Setsuna back in that one Shiny Days route by hitting Makoto when he was trying to come onto her while he was fighting with Setsuna.

Well in the anime Kotonoha killed Sekai as revenge for killing Makoto and also partly in self defense since Sekai was about to kill her too (attacked first even?). I think that's quite a bit different than the VN ending where its out of jealousy and Makoto's standing right there. The anime definitely explored some unique scenarios that weren't in any of the games.
Anyway just pick the pro Kotonoha choices every time and you're guaranteed a good ending. Don't humor any of Sekai's manipulative mind games.
Interesting, i'll try to watch it to see how that plays out.

Setsuna was a good heroine choice, but unfortunately she got marginalized like Sekai again later in Cross days, probably due to not being able to dethrone Kotonaha after Shiny days released.

One interesting fact from the interviews of the directors/screenwriters was that they all thought while Sekai being the most plausible character to exist in the real world (cute, outgoing, easy to be jealous), Kotonoha was almost impossible to exist in real life. Because there is no way she would not be popular in the school (at least among boys) that every girl could bully her without consequences.

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
Interesting, i'll try to watch it to see how that plays out.

Setsuna was a good heroine choice, but unfortunately she got marginalized like Sekai again later in Cross days, probably due to not being able to dethrone Kotonaha after Shiny days released.

One interesting fact from the interviews of the directors/screenwriters was that they all thought while Sekai being the most plausible character to exist in the real world (cute, outgoing, easy to be jealous), Kotonoha was almost impossible to exist in real life. Because there is no way she would not be popular in the school (at least among boys) that every girl could bully her without consequences.
Well Rem is still one of the best waifus ever so it's worth watching just for her but be prepared to get upset around episode 18.

From what I understand Cross days is about some new trap protagonist and focusing on some new and side characters so it's not strange the old ones don't get much if any screentime. I guess Kotonoha is the exception since they needed something to get School Days fans to play. I assume the game didn't do too well considering it never got an English translation like the other 2. And the fact they didn't make more games after.

Kotonoha does get attention from guys in the sense that they find her attractive which is why the other girls resent her and she gets she gets bullied. Being socially awkward and soft spoken doesn't help either. I guess the unrealistic part is that guys would still be lining up to ask her out regardless but that doesn't mean she'd accept or that they would definitely protect her from the bullies. There was that one pool scene where the 2 guys asked her to come to the VIP lounge for some NTR before Makoto drags her away so guys do approach her when she's not in her usual social circle where she has a bad reputation.
All that aside, it's an anime/visual novel so girls being unrealistically good/available is a given. Sekai would also have 50 guys hovering around her in the real world. Even moreso with her outgoing personality.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes