VN - Others - Completed - School Days HQ [v1.02] [0verflow]

1. 5.00 star(s)

BangB420

THE BEST VISUAL NOVEL EVER MADE! This game right here is what all visual novels should strive to be. It's different from your standard VN because it is actually animated. It's essentially an anime with choices! And then there's the story. This game has become rather infamous due to it, but I believe it is its greatest strength. This game will have you mad, sad, horny, and happy all at the same time. I recommend playing this at least once in your life, and if you enjoy it, I suggest it's sequel Shiny Days.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

PitayaPear

A cult classic that holds well today just as much as a decade ago when it was first released. Even though it is a visual novel, it somehow has more content and features than 99% of visual novels released today, and I'm not even talking about the minor VNs by indie devs. School days stands very well, even if you remove all of the H content
  3. 1.00 star(s)

downloaderbo

Have downloaded this one in 2023.

It is one of the worst experiences i had with a game.

The game is just unplayable.

Cons:
    - Not optimized at all, runs just terrible.
    - The game crashes at random times.
    - It is not fully animated as the description calls.
    - The update do not resolve the bad development work.
    - The game runs bad even if you try changing between full screen, windowed and window ratios.

The premise was so promising. Only played this one in order to get different endings to the anime version.

An awful experience. Don't download this one if you value your time.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Darkness2020

Really really one of the best japanese vn out there, Makoto was really well thought out character and the heroins were also with their own unique flavour. story was well paced. I also watched the anime adaptation of the game if you don't have time to play the game{plan to play in a distant future} definitely checkout the anime , it was a great watch.
    Edit-summer/shiny days is also good. waiting for cross days now.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

kimoo

let's be quick (30/50) good game

the story/playtime (7/10)

playtime( about 24 hour per route ) depend on your decision

the render/CG (5/10)

the animation (6/10)

-so don't expect much

sex scenes (5/10)

decisions (7/10)

>>>>conclusion(32/50)<<<<<

the story ....(7/10)
    the render/CG (5/10)
    the animation (7/10)
    sex scenes....(6/10)
    decisions.... (7/10)

-warning this game contain NTR (avoidable)...be careful
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Ialdabaoth

Ah, 0verflow... Your game was so "revolutionary" back in the day... Well, it still technically is since no one has ever tried to do fully animated scenes like them. Not to mention this is what put Project Sekai on the map and on their way to going from fansubbers to official eroge translators.

Anyway, as someone who has finished everything this game had to offer back then and nowadays, I can give my full thoughts on this game.

School Days starts off innocently enough, putting you in the shoes of Makoto Itou, arguably one of the most infamous MCs of any VN title... and he comes from a rather... "unique" pedigree, given that the 0verflow story-verse is all kinds of fucked up, but that can be discussed later on once the other games are up for grabs here.

The story begins innocently enough, Makoto likes the innocent wallflower of a girl, Kotonoha, and this is picked up by his seatmate, Sekai. So Sekai tries to bring a guy with a rather flaky disposition and a shrinking violet together.

Seems innocent enough... until things get complicated.

Truth is, Sekai has a massive crush on Makoto, so she tried to do this to curry favor with him. How that whole "currying favor" with him goes ranges from teaching him how to be more straightforward to actually having sex with him under the pretense of "so your first time isn't awkward".

That's a major thing about the main trio. They all start off rather innocently enough, but as soon as they get into a relationship and experience sex, they either change for the better or go completely bananas. It doesn't help any that all of them have deep psychological issues that just never came up until they were thrust into situations that would force those emotions to crawl out.

And this is where player input plays the biggest part. Makoto, for as much as asshole he can turn out to be, also has all the qualities of a man that causes girls to fall for him because he never WAS an asshole. He hates bullies, he's a loving brother and while flaky, he is a good friend.

YOU, the player, decides whether he becomes a massive dickhole he is in the anime or learn to keep what's between your pants into just one girl. While he has moments of hesitation, even he realizes that he doesn't want to hurt the girl he (truly) likes in a good chunk of the played for straight endings.

But then again, this game gained infamy for the bad endings... Some of the most graphically shocking scenes (for their time of release) in an eroge, which shows just how dangerous these women are once they go off the deep end... Especially for Kotonoha, who is actually a very proficient swordsman (though that only gets revealed in Summer/Shiny Days).

Overall, I have rather fond memories of this game and I still have both the Japanese version and the Sekai Project version with me.

Also, Kotonoha is best waifu here.

PS: Almost forgot to mention, for anyone who likes the Highschool DxD anime? From the 1st season up to BorN, it was done by the head animator for School Days... who also did Summer Days... aaaaaaand Shiny Days... and even Cross Days... and even those cheap Rock Paper Scissor titles which had animated clips.