RoyalDeVa

Nov 2, 2018
I really want to try this game out after hearing lots of good things about it, yet i am unable to play it.
I've done everything anyone is saying (unpack, running it on japanese local, getting all rtp rpg makers, downloading the already english patched versions...) yet the game just opens a black window... and then closes.
No error pops up, just closes after 2 seconds...
I am going crazy what am i doing wrong?

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
I really want to try this game out after hearing lots of good things about it, yet i am unable to play it.
I've done everything anyone is saying (unpack, running it on japanese local, getting all rtp rpg makers, downloading the already english patched versions...) yet the game just opens a black window... and then closes.
Did you switch to Japanese Locale before unpacking files? Some extraction programs unpack files with japanese characters incorrectly and it can cause bugs.
Did you download ?

RoyalDeVa

Nov 2, 2018
Did you switch to Japanese Locale before unpacking files? Some extraction programs unpack files with japanese characters incorrectly and it can cause bugs.
Did you download ?
Yes i have done both of those things, its just so weird that no error pops up, i dont understand what it doesnt like

inveiglerZim

May 12, 2020
I have the same problem. I used to run this game on Windows 7, but now on Win 10 It's exactly how You describe it.

teraexbf

Nov 15, 2020
It might be your antivirus, check its Quarantined items and if it is there then add that folder to exceptions. This behaviour sounds like Avast to me.

RoyalDeVa

Nov 2, 2018
It might be your antivirus, check its Quarantined items and if it is there then add that folder to exceptions. This behaviour sounds like Avast to me.
After a lot of tinkering i decided to try and boot it up on my home pc instead of my laptop (where i usually get these nice games if you know what i mean) cause i had a hunch... it launched downloading the patched game and installing the rtp without any problems... so it was the laptop the problem, i cant say if maybe it's all the rtp i have installed (on my laptop i have all rtp of rpg makers, on my home pc i downloaded only the one needed for this game) that mess up with this game.
I have tried with the antivirus like you said and still nothing... guess i will play it from my home pc, leaving this game's mystery behind me

teraexbf

Nov 15, 2020
After a lot of tinkering i decided to try and boot it up on my home pc instead of my laptop (where i usually get these nice games if you know what i mean) cause i had a hunch... it launched downloading the patched game and installing the rtp without any problems... so it was the laptop the problem, i cant say if maybe it's all the rtp i have installed (on my laptop i have all rtp of rpg makers, on my home pc i downloaded only the one needed for this game) that mess up with this game.
I have tried with the antivirus like you said and still nothing... guess i will play it from my home pc, leaving this game's mystery behind me
You can also play on your phone using Joiplay. Worked for me there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3.70 star(s) 12 Votes