RPGM - Completed - Sangeki Of Gear [Final] [Scalegarden]

1. 4.00 star(s)

iluvpink

Whether you enjoy this game or not will mostly depend on two things.
    1. The combat system.
    2. If you are really into breast play.

The combat system is fairly complicated for this type of game but I enjoyed figuring out where to raise and lower stats for each new opponent (a variation is used in all Scale Garden games). It is based on percentages for chance to hit, amount of damage per hit, possibility to evade damage, and how much damage taken per hit.

The erotic content is ok and there is a lot of it, but I'd say at least half of the sexual acts are breast oriented. Almost every sex act starts with extensive breast manipulation, so if you are not into that the erotic content may not interest you.

I played this game years ago and enjoyed it and am currently replaying 4 Scale Garden games concurrently and enjoying them all. I will say that they are not the sexiest games you will find on here, but to me they have a fun balance between erotic content and gameplay/combat. The long animated breast play segments can get boring due to their length and repetition, but I still enjoy Scale Garden games despite that.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Remi187

Just played this recently, it's long but a classic, i really enjoyed it and it's a shame they aren't making newer games since. Great corruption and progress, recommend it. a solid fap material, pure 10/10.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Axelshadow

In short, this game is a classic game of (Not really) slow burn corruptions with fun combat system that's unfortunately marred with bad and sometime hilarious decisions that doesn't age too well. I don't recommend it, only play if you are curious and have a LOT of time to spare. 2/5 stars, but cause the MC is hot I'll change it to 2.5/5 stars. (Also, no 'VIRGIN' run, which is a bummer)

Unfortunately, despite the game having good arts (for the most part) and fun combat system (for me at least), it's cursed with confusing MC, hilariously bad NPCs, baffling Hentai Logic/Luck usage for a slowburn corruption game, bad villains, snooze inducing plotline, and bad UI and Quality of Life.

I'm confused on WHY they decided to make the MC as this well-trained strong woman that hunt monsters and do dangerous jobs for a living but made her into a putty, submissive dumbass the moment someone grope her breasts a little. To make thing worse, she's a super fucking pushover and become very quick to 'enjoy the harassment' despite the game trying to make it a slowburn. That's a quickburn corruption hentai logic, why use it here? The game tries to justified it by saying she's weak to pleasure but why? Might as well make quickburn if that's the case so no one time is wasted. I personally don't like how they handle this aspect.

The worse sin of this game is the NPCs. Like I know this is a hentai game, but holy fuck. Not only are most of them incompetent, some of them are so pathetic that they failed to interrogate a thief that HAD STOLEN ALL OF THE VILLAGERS WEALTH AND SEXUALLY HARASSED THE WOMAN THEY FANCIED and had to resort in making a deal with the guy and basically selling the MC to be harass by him just sot hey can 'get a look' at her ass and pussy. Didn't even TRY to torture him. Hell, the NPCs WORK WITH THE THIEF TO SEXUALLY ASSAULT THE MC THAT THEY FANCIED. Do they realized that's the WORSE idea to get the girl? After the few times the game tried to show that they actually like the MC in a mature way, they then pulled THIS off? Like, wtf why? It's one thing if they are evil from the start, but they aren't. It's such a hilariously baffling decision that I was amazed.

Don't get me to talk about the bad guys. They are cartoonishly evil and getaway like a sunday villains.

The maps are also not that great--too many of them, and many of them are too big.

Overall, I don't enjoy playing the game even when I like the MC design. It's not a BAD game per-se, but it's not a good one either. But its problems pushes back enough to make it into a Poor game--in my opinion of course.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

DrDerpington

TL;DR = very good RPGM game. Heroine gets slowly corrupted.

Story: 5/5
    + Heroine is trying to live her life, but she is surrounded by bunch of huge perverts. Everybody wants to see her naked. Heroine will slowly get corrupted.
    + I really liked the story.

Art and sex stuff: 5/5
    + Main heroine is really really HOT.
    + Sex scenes are good.
    + Game has also some animations.
    + The game has a nice clothing system with a lot of pictures. You can see heroine in various stages of undressing. It is very well done.

Gameplay: 5/5
    + This is not typical RPGM game. You can run around the map, you can fight enemies, you will level heroine.
    + The game has some new and unique battle system. It is very good and I enjoyed it.
    + The english is decent.
    + The soundtrack is okayish.

To sum it up:
    I really liked the game. If you like RPGM games, then you will probably love this. I recommend this.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Ononi

Beware I've bias with this legendary game since it was one the first I've played.

Pros

-Mc is incredibly cute
    -Some scenes are somewhat animated (2 to 5 frames of animation)
    -Great kinks
    -Corruption is well-handled

Cons

-Slow burn
    -You won't always know what to do,where to go.
    -Unorthodox combat system(I kinda found it annoying but it isn't much of a problem)

I belive f95 has a walktrough and I highly recommend buffing MC via save editor online.

Conclusion: All time favorite (plz come back scalegarden:HideThePain:)
  6. 4.00 star(s)

thewateroflife

As a heads up, the prologue takes an hour or two. After that, you're free to run around. And there is so much running you will be doing*.
    The story is really nothing special. The village elder needs their meds so gather materials for the elixir and make some money.
    However, the combat system is something special. You don't just spam attack and keep yourself healed up to victory. You're going to have to take some calculated risk: every 5** turns, allocate points towards how accurate and how hard you hit/how dodgy and how hard you will be hit. Go too hard early on and you're exhausted and defenceless by turn 4/5. My advice? Hit hard and AGI tank. For levelling up, there's a bee nest in the west forest that are (relatively) easy to fight with high EXP reward. Explore and look around for better equipment to make your battles easier.

And, oh right, this is supposed to be an h-game. Honestly, I ended up getting more hooked on the battle mechanic than the h-scenes. Gotta feed my gambles.
    The art is all right, I suppose. After playing for a few hours, I am seeing that [exhibitionism] tag in full effect. For those of you where this matters: no, I don't think you're able to preserve your virginity during the prologue.

*There is a labyrinth that rewards you with an item to teleport to a couple of safehouses. It's below the prison.
    **In the same labyrinth above, you can learn a skill to regenerate AP every 3 turns instead. Don't get carried away, as this also lets you burn through VIT faster.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

FMag

The main character is cute but for what concern the rest of the game, well, it's bad.

The map makes no sense. I tried to draw it but there are clearly some mistakes because some locations can't match if you observe the geography. Moreover, the map is overall too big and most of locations are totally useless, which is a big problem for this kind of games.

The fights turn down the game a little bit. Even with good equipment zou have to repeat the fight many times, idk, even with the hit chance > 90% the enemies dodge my attack half of the times.

Finally, the sex scenes aren't bad but they could be better.

Overall I think "The curse of pleasure", which is based on this game, is way better than this.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

M.Ed

This game has only one thing going for it: The main character is very pretty.

For the rest it is utter crap.
    Very boring and hard fights.
    Hardly any sex scenes.
    Very grindy.
    It is basically a cheap Zelda with some sex sprinkled in.

Do not get this if you want to get off. Get it only if you like to play a normal rpg.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

metalliko

t's a very good game overall:
    - the heroine is particularly beautiful;
    - the scenes are very well chosen and the way corruption takes place is well done;
    - the game is rich in content;
    - The combat system is rgeat (it's rare for this kind of game)

In the negative points:
    - the CG are repetitive (use of the same image for severals scenes);
    - the map and dungeons are almost too long to cross;
    - the second part of the game arrives almost very late;
    - No guide in the game. The walktought is essential to see all the scenes.
    - a pity that we cannot always choose and thus avoid the rape scenes.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Sinphil

I am at a loss at the rave for this game.

Graphics and animations are ordinary to bad. The kissing is so bad its actually funny.

Storyline is terrible and unimaginative, I actually thought it was so badly written it was a parody at first but there really was no attempt at humor.

The MC is way beyond naive and even when she wants to resist she can't even resist weak ass villagers or a thief she beat easily already. The NPC's worse, oh look the local girl we have had a crush on for years is getting molested by thief. lets watch and help him molest her then rape her....yep great way to win her heart right. Totally ridiculous, to try call this a benchmark of corruption games is an insult to the great corruption games that out there.

Supposedly unique combat...WTF even tabletop RPG's before computers had stat boosting in multiple forms. Sorry boosting stats and hitting same attack for most of game is not unique combat system, it is a joke.

So what its from 2011 is way better games twice as old. Lightning Warrior Raidy is way better even if MC still a bimbo.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Afrin

I found this to be an excellent game. The story was fun to follow while not overwhelming me either. The game ( past the 1st hour or so) is pretty open ended. The battle mechanics is unique and rather fun to use too. And the characters are drawn proportionately Ellen is specific. Overall one of my favorite H-games
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Onysko

Not often do I come across a game that I actually have fun playing through the game itself. This is a great example for one that delivers on that experience!

I actually enjoyed fighting my way through the caves and finishing the bosses. Experimenting with the battle system, trying different approaches and getting the best gear.
    That goes to show how much of a breeze and less of grind the gameplay is.

Following the story of the heroine, Ellen, slowly being corrupted was truly delicious. Thanks also to the great translation.

The artwork is awesome, which also features a clothing system with a limited degree of freedom of choice and partially animated scenes. Combined with the title 'system', it really gives the game an additional layer of player involvement and immersion.

All those aspects left me only desiring more of Ellen by the end. I really fucking hope they make a sequel of Ellen whoring herself around the big city!