macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I regard WC's stuff as the "family restaurant meal" of VNs - doesn't pretend to try to be anything more than it is, you pretty much know what you're getting, and will fill your stomach while tasting fine but won't exactly blow your mind.

You want timeless masterpieces (Michelin star meals, to continue the restaurant analogy), look at more ambitious and better-resourced studios instead.
i watch them more as a "suspicious black alley pseudo restaurant" than anything else.
more like "i m gonna milk you from your money again and again from the same overused assets".
doesnt pretend to do anything else than milking peoples.

but heh, thats just my opinion after i saw the thousand millions of "sakura" games similar all each others..

YakuzaZzz

Donor
Sep 28, 2017
It's so rare to find an asian with low drawing skills
well there is a way to get better at this its simple take any hentai image you like .... and then try to do it yourself.... keep doing it until you don't even need to look at the image to be able to do it exactly like the image itself by doing this you increase your skills do this for all your creation and then eventually you'll be a full fledge artist can take a few years but it works ...

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
i watch them more as a "suspicious black alley pseudo restaurant" than anything else.
more like "i m gonna milk you from your money again and again from the same overused assets".
doesnt pretend to do anything else than milking peoples.

but heh, thats just my opinion after i saw the thousand millions of "sakura" games similar all each others..
As opposed to what - your standard largely interchangeable galges where largely interchangeable Fuccbois Without Qualities inexplicably find cavalcades of largely interchangeable hott grills falling on their dicks mostly in distinctly interchangeable settings (muh contemporary highschool)...?

WC is actually relatively creative in terms of settings, not that the bar is very high in the genre.

And hey, those yearly installments of certain sports games and military shooters sell like hotcakes at *much* higher price points while being basically the same things in slightly new wrappings...

Reactions: mehmeme and Karanya

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
As opposed to what - your standard largely interchangeable galges where largely interchangeable Fuccbois Without Qualities inexplicably find cavalcades of largely interchangeable hott grills falling on their dicks mostly in distinctly interchangeable settings (muh contemporary highschool)...?

WC is actually relatively creative in terms of settings, not that the bar is very high in the genre.

And hey, those yearly installments of certain sports games and military shooters sell like hotcakes at *much* higher price points while being basically the same things in slightly new wrappings...
your opinion..

my opinion...

i just not like when a company make alots of game using same shit over and over again. its not only restriced to these games. theyare alots of games like this. playing this is like playing Sims, or Call of duty, FIFA or any others game that came out pretty fast with the same shit again and again, without real inovation in it.
because, sorry, but for me, changing the "theme" of an game but still using same stuff in it is not what i call inovation.

but that just my opinion. ya free to enjoy the game if its your thing.

(that's why i expected the "MMO" to actually be a "thing" in the game. and not just a random title name for the exact same game as the others)

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I take it you haven't been exposed to, well, *any* fiction that uses some kind of MMO as its framework?
Because none of those I've seen have had basically anything in common with how actual MMOs (and social interactions in them) work. Which is actually understandable because chatboxes and cooldowns would make for pretty dubious story content...

Dunno 'bout you but I, for one, did not for a second expect this game to break that mold.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I take it you haven't been exposed to, well, *any* fiction that uses some kind of MMO as its framework?
Because none of those I've seen have had basically anything in common with how actual MMOs (and social interactions in them) work. Which is actually understandable because chatboxes and cooldowns would make for pretty dubious story content...

Dunno 'bout you but I, for one, did not for a second expect this game to break that mold.
i used to play a serie of game named something like "sword art online" , its basically a game with a story based on a MMO styled game virtual reality in wich the heros can be teleported into the virtual world.

pretty similar to this sakura game story apparently

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
i used to play a serie of game named something like "sword art online" , its basically a game with a story based on a MMO styled game virtual reality in wich the heros can be teleported into the virtual world.

pretty similar to this sakura game story apparently
SAO in a nutshell:

And yes anyone familiar with .HACK cringes extra at it because SAO basically ripped off much of the premise but was fucking terrible chuuni bullshit in the bargain. (Also Kirito has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen on an animu char.)

This game sounds like more run-of-the-mill isekai except less cringy than most.

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
Its such a mistake... but i am still downloading it... nothing to do today pepehands...

MadDany

Jul 9, 2017
The Sakura series like the Tell Tale. The more stuff the keep putting out, the more stale their formula gets.

Kohryu

May 17, 2017
This is a good game, but doesn't really have a "finished" feel to it. I feel like the game kinda ends before it really begins... you could have done so much more in the world of asaph than it allows you to x.x Meh oh well, still a fun little title to play with really nice story and images.

Kosten07

May 15, 2017
Anyone know where this game ranks in Sakura releases? Is it after "Gamer"? I only ask because I downloaded Spirit through Gamer (1 to 19 releases).

ronney

May 6, 2017

Log horizon?

Dehlaz

Aug 27, 2018
I don't really understand the stigma against "gay" and "female protagonist" games. I have to set my tag filter to search for lesbian female protagonist games to find them in the deluge of games that aren't those things. So complaining that there's too many of those things seems kinda hollow? And a lot of the games tagged "female protagonist" actually have a protagonist with a gender you can select, which would appeal to both crowds.

With that said, I haven't actually bought a Sakura game except for Adventure and Dungeon. The others I pretty much just looked up the CG galleries for. Not that I really dislike them, the art doesn't really bother me like it does some others, but it seems like most of their sex scenes are small in number and not very lengthy or explicit so it doesn't usually turn me on, and if I'm not getting off the story better be great... and it's usually just okay. Thanks for the upload OP.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Log horizon?
I checked the scanlated manga, and no.

I don't really understand the stigma against "gay" and "female protagonist" games. I have to set my tag filter to search for lesbian female protagonist games to find them in the deluge of games that aren't those things. So complaining that there's too many of those things seems kinda hollow? And a lot of the games tagged "female protagonist" actually have a protagonist with a gender you can select, which would appeal to both crowds.
There's a particular demographic that appears to feel personally offended if not threatened by the mere existence of such alternatives, and obliged to embarass themselves in public by gratuitously whining about it rather than acting like functioning adults and simply shrugging off what does not match their tastes and interests.
I've long suspected this in no small part stems from personal insecurities and self-esteem issues; also, .

Loli Jesus

Jun 17, 2018
muh isekai

Gets brownie points by default for the MC not being yet another featureless homunculus for the lowest possible threshold for self-insertion by socially maladjusted wankers tho. :v
This is why I hate isekai. Not every single one needs to have Generic McFuckface as a main character who inexplicably attracts all the wamen despite having absolutely no redeeming qualities. By extension it also makes the female characters intolerable because thay don't act like actual people and are basically just props to give the self-inserters a tingie in their dingie. To make matters worse generic MCs also plague other genres of anime more frequently nowadays as well. I miss seeing MCs like Adam Blade from Needless, who have an actual character design and personality.

I welcome a female main character for not only hentai games but also anime-style media in general, because at least then more artists can be arsed to actually make an interestingly designed character. Not to say Sakura games are great quality as they aren't, but hating on the game simply for having a female MC seems pointless expecially when there are so many generic male MC VN games already. There's always other games to play.