QSP Abandoned Saint Petersburg Adventures [v1.02 test] [toolkitxx]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
If we would talk about what is going to be in: It will probably be easier to say what is not going to be in. As i am publishing only via F95 the limits of F95 will be the limit of what happens in the stories. So no kids/shota stuff - that's about it. Everything else will probably happen in one form or another. Drugs are basically done and will be in one of the next updates which also means: drugging parents, siblings and alike becomes a possibility thus non-consent: absolutely
Hypothetically speaking you could do underage stuff(think girl life) if that is what you wanted, and we'll allow it as long as you're not using actual CP or anything like that.

signs of puberty yadda yadda yadda, we have games where characters aren't 18 from plot points

Reactions: Hybris and Namco15

Cere Burn

Aug 8, 2017
The text in the embedded HTML bits doesn't adjust size when I enlarge the fonts. I have a very hard time reading the text in this game. Any other options I can use to make it more readable?

Reactions: toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Why is there an full Asian music video in this?
see post 21 pls

The text in the embedded HTML bits doesn't adjust size when I enlarge the fonts. I have a very hard time reading the text in this game. Any other options I can use to make it more readable?
I take that as a bug report. There is a css behind most of the formatting which should resize stuff properly. What resolution are you using on your system?

Hypothetically speaking you could do underage stuff(think girl life) if that is what you wanted, and we'll allow it as long as you're not using actual CP or anything like that.

signs of puberty yadda yadda yadda, we have games where characters aren't 18 from plot points
Oh i might have been misunderstood: The MC can technically start as a 15 year old. So the game is already dealing with underaged but there is a difference between that and kids/shota. Being a dad myself its also where i draw a serious line.
My answer simply meant to explain: This is not a patreon based publishing which cuts /censors many areas in content.

Tried that, still same. Im running on win10. but the game works if i just open qps as normal and open the game that way
Just remember to use the included qqsp-player and not the classic one as that wont work with most things.

NSFWBabe

Jul 11, 2018
Hey, just wanted to know......the description said, this started as a mod for girl life but has now evolved into a full fledged game. So, is this, in any way, connected to girl life?

and what exactly happened of the mod that was meant for girl life? The page of the mod said that it has been abandoned?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Hey, just wanted to know......the description said, this started as a mod for girl life but has now evolved into a full fledged game. So, is this, in any way, connected to girl life?

and what exactly happened of the mod that was meant for girl life? The page of the mod said that it has been abandoned?
ETO and GirlLife as its modded english cousin inspired but that's about it in terms of connection. The mod started to become a recode and since the recode took its own turn it has been abandoned thus this thread.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I adjusted the css and would ask you to replace the current one with the one attached and give me feedback please.
Overwrite testcss.css in game root folder with the one from the zip:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Give us le cheats!
Just to make that point very very clear:

I make a game, not a cheat engine. If there would be need for cheats i would have failed right away because mechanics would be broken if one can only play with the help of cheats.
If people dont want to play according to the mechanics because they are just lazy and dont really like to actually play that's fine too - but dont really expect a dev to give you the cheat engine then.

If there will ever be need for something like it i am happy to explain how and where to hook into things but will not create it myself.

CreepyGhost

May 4, 2017
Just to make that point very very clear:

I make a game, not a cheat engine. If there would be need for cheats i would have failed right away because mechanics would be broken if one can only play with the help of cheats.
If people dont want to play according to the mechanics because they are just lazy and dont really like to actually play that's fine too - but dont really expect a dev to give you the cheat engine then.

If there will ever be need for something like it i am happy to explain how and where to hook into things but will not create it myself.
Reason I asked for cheats is to check how similar is to ETO (aka Girl's Life for those who don't know). I played a bit, I like it as it is so far. Needs lots of work, but it's in a very good way to become a unique game. Keep it up and ignore the cheaty me xD

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Reason I asked for cheats is to check how similar is to ETO (aka Girl's Life for those who don't know). I played a bit, I like it as it is so far. Needs lots of work, but it's in a very good way to become a unique game. Keep it up and ignore the cheaty me xD
The code is open and not encrypted. Simply use Text2gam (can be found here on F95 too) to make the qsp file a text file and go through the code.

Sled

Jun 23, 2017
Might I suggest adding a different way to navigate, so we don't have to click twice to move one room? Maybe another menu we can reposition somewhere specifically for navigation. I noticed while playing it was said the map will eventually be used for fast travel purposes. Maybe when that system is implemented, each location you go to could have its own smaller map displayed as an interactive image like the phone, which lets you click on a room/part of the property to go to it. At this point, you would use the large map to travel to a different location/building such as the Clinic, School, or Home. And the small map to move around within a specific location/building such as going to the living room, bathroom, leaving the apartment, or the back of the school, front of the school, field and entering the school.

TLDR
You travel to the school, clinic, community center, home, gym etc via the large map.
You then navigate within those locations through a small map, specific to each location to move around the property.
On the smaller map, in the corner there could be buttons to walk to the nearest bus stop for faster tavel to distant locations, and logically a Taxi number in the phone to call or an Uber app on the phone, which could lead to some events with Uber drivers instead of the plain old Taxi's.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Might I suggest adding a different way to navigate, so we don't have to click twice to move one room? Maybe another menu we can reposition somewhere specifically for navigation. I noticed while playing it was said the map will eventually be used for fast travel purposes. Maybe when that system is implemented, each location you go to could have its own smaller map displayed as an interactive image like the phone, which lets you click on a room/part of the property to go to it. At this point, you would use the large map to travel to a different location/building such as the Clinic, School, or Home. And the small map to move around within a specific location/building such as going to the living room, bathroom, leaving the apartment, or the back of the school, front of the school, field and entering the school.

TLDR
You travel to the school, clinic, community center, home, gym etc via the large map.
You then navigate within those locations through a small map, specific to each location to move around the property.
On the smaller map, in the corner there could be buttons to walk to the nearest bus stop for faster tavel to distant locations, and logically a Taxi number in the phone to call or an Uber app on the phone, which could lead to some events with Uber drivers instead of the plain old Taxi's.
I am old and old-fashioned (means i actually read) - so i never need a tldr; :)

First of all thanks for your input. The current navigation has a deeper reason than just the obvious for a pure user. The code is structured in a special way to keep it maintainable and easy to be expanded by modders or other authors than me. To achieve that i had to jump through a few hoops and loops , write , scratch and recode several times and the current result is the best compromise between pure usability by the end-users and accessibility of the code for other possible collaborators. I give you an example of what i mean:
To create a new location in game , get navigation for it and have time pass properly when moving between them all one has to do in my code is to fill out this:
Code:
PUID=21
$loc_name[PUID] = 'Pharmacy'
$loc_picture[PUID] = 'images/locations/<<PUID>>.jpg'
loc_region[PUID] = 1
$loc_type[PUID] = 'public room'
$loc_function[PUID]='street'
$loc_description[PUID] = 'The local pharmacy is owned by the parents of one of your schoolmates. Anything prescribed by a doctor, birthcontrol or any kind of legal drug can be bought here.'
loc_neighbour1[PUID] = 20
loc_neighbour1_dist[PUID] = 2
my code is templated so all navigation, actions , distance calculations etc will now be build by a single template. This is something even a non-coder can actually do - no real qsp knowledge needed. Extending a room with stuff the player can interact with works via a simple string being added to that block and so on.

QSP doesnt work like other languages as the player and the language are tightly interconnected with each other. That is a good thing in some areas and extra work in some others. The map will become a feature for fast travel but at a cost - events trigger in locations or by people being in one. Those will not trigger when fast travelling.

Reactions: kelraos
3.00 star(s) 3 Votes