QSP Abandoned Saint Petersburg Adventures [v1.02 test] [toolkitxx]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
What's with the 170mb 20 minute workout video and the 155mb music videos padding out the file size for pretty much no reason?
the 20minute workout is there on purpose to get feedback on video performance from different users. The folder 'unresized originals' was an oversight during packing and wont be there next update.

So what made you turn a mod into a standalone game?
The original intend with the mod back then was to enhance usability and user experience. It quickly showed that the code was such a mess and not even using qsp features properly that would eliminate bloated code etc. So it was basically pointing towards a recode of it already back then. As I personally had some pros and cons for some of the stuff in general i decided not to recode a 'revamp' but to actually make it a unique game if i recode everything.

mbRjpZLD

Apr 28, 2017
The original intend with the mod back then was to enhance usability and user experience. It quickly showed that the code was such a mess and not even using qsp features properly that would eliminate bloated code etc. So it was basically pointing towards a recode of it already back then. As I personally had some pros and cons for some of the stuff in general i decided not to recode a 'revamp' but to actually make it a unique game if i recode everything.
Are you open for collaboration and publishing your code? I worked on girl life a couple of times as well and that code base is so horrible. I was wondering what a proper QSP game could be like...

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Are you open for collaboration and publishing your code? I worked on girl life a couple of times as well and that code base is so horrible. I was wondering what a proper QSP game could be like...
The discord link is mostly for that purpose actually. And yes - i am always open for collaboration. Actually most of my time spend with the framework was about making things easy and simple for other authors.

I press start.bat but nothing happens, what do I do wrong
The only thing that comes to mind would either be a wrong extraction or a lack of sufficient user rights for that directory. Havnt had any error like that so far from other though. The bat-file is in the root of the SPA game folder, correct?

J-Lo

Apr 26, 2017
The discord link is mostly for that purpose actually. And yes - i am always open for collaboration. Actually most of my time spend with the framework was about making things easy and simple for other authors.

The only thing that comes to mind would either be a wrong extraction or a lack of sufficient user rights for that directory. Havnt had any error like that so far from other though. The bat-file is in the root of the SPA game folder, correct?
The only thing I did was right click then unzip using 7zip.

Checked the bat, it states this: start "" "%~dp0\qqsp-player\Qqsp.exe" "%~dp0\spa1.qsp" "%~dp0isAllowHTML5Extras=true"

I also tried right click then run as admin, same thing, only a cmd window pop up for .5 sec and dissapers
Im using windows anti virus thingy.

Hybris

May 9, 2017
Got to admit that Girl's Life has pretty much ruined QSP games for me. The way everything is laid out is generally top notch and your system for moving around/interacting isn't all that smooth to use.

Also I can't stress this enough is to have a robust cheat system in this game. With so many little things that can go wrong having a cheat menu makes playing a lot smoother and can give some insight for the player as to what variable is actually needed without having to tear into the code itself.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this game especially once you get a basic system down and can start really adding content.
As far as content goes two the weakest points in Girl's life has always been the relative lack of incest and beast content when compared to all the BDSM and rape that otherwise make up the bulk of the games content.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Got to admit that Girl's Life has pretty much ruined QSP games for me. The way everything is laid out is generally top notch and your system for moving around/interacting isn't all that smooth to use.

Also I can't stress this enough is to have a robust cheat system in this game. With so many little things that can go wrong having a cheat menu makes playing a lot smoother and can give some insight for the player as to what variable is actually needed without having to tear into the code itself.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this game especially once you get a basic system down and can start really adding content.
As far as content goes two the weakest points in Girl's life has always been the relative lack of incest and beast content when compared to all the BDSM and rape that otherwise make up the bulk of the games content.
I wholeheartly disagree to the 'moving around ' part. If you had insight into the actual code you would already have noticed that its 1 single codepage controlling every movement thus keeping things simple to control and easy to maintain.

As from a user's point of view its all a question of being used to something and functionality made available. A robust system doesnt require any cheats at all and the code is well documented to understand it even by non-coders. A comparison is fine by me on the outside but definitely not on the inside of things. The outside is taste mostly and if i dont cater to your personal taste i regret that but that is one of the things where i know i will never cater to each and everyone and made my decisions.

Jackell100

Dec 9, 2017
I've got to agree with Hybris. I like the concept of another Girl Life style sandbox game like you described, but this navigational system can be streamlined much better. I don't want to shit on your product, but right now moving around is just obnoxious.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
The only thing I did was right click then unzip using 7zip.

Checked the bat, it states this: start "" "%~dp0\qqsp-player\Qqsp.exe" "%~dp0\spa1.qsp" "%~dp0isAllowHTML5Extras=true"

I also tried right click then run as admin, same thing, only a cmd window pop up for .5 sec and dissapers
Im using windows anti virus thingy.
edit the bat-file and remove the html5-section including the quotes and try again pls

I've got to agree with Hybris. I like the concept of another Girl Life style sandbox game like you described, but this navigational system can be streamlined much better. I don't want to shit on your product, but right now moving around is just obnoxious.
Noted and as said before: There is a good reason for this that extends beyond just the user side.

Hybris

May 9, 2017
I wholeheartly disagree to the 'moving around ' part. If you had insight into the actual code you would already have noticed that its 1 single codepage controlling every movement thus keeping things simple to control and easy to maintain.

As from a user's point of view its all a question of being used to something and functionality made available. A robust system doesnt require any cheats at all and the code is well documented to understand it even by non-coders. A comparison is fine by me on the outside but definitely not on the inside of things. The outside is taste mostly and if i dont cater to your personal taste i regret that but that is one of the things where i know i will never cater to each and everyone and made my decisions.
I can respect that and if you can make a game that is reliable so cheats aren't needed to get around bugs that is all the better because it means cheats can be used as intended as a means of getting the player towards the content they want faster.

Either way I look forward to more of your work.

Reactions: Pyrrical

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Game seem buggy as hell, can't seem to do much after reaching the clinic.

I speak with mum.
It adds 2 quests to active tasks. (Get revenge on brother, Meet Dr)

I have spent about 20 mins clicking around all areas of the game house, school, clinic and so on but there nothing to do mum is just in the clinic reception can only hug her, i have restarted 3 times not sure how to fix this.

Reactions: toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Game seem buggy as hell, can't seem to do much after reaching the clinic.

I speak with mum.
It adds 2 quests to active tasks. (Get revenge on brother, Meet Dr)

I have spent about 20 mins clicking around all areas of the game house, school, clinic and so on but there nothing to do mum is just in the clinic reception can only hug her, i have restarted 3 times not sure how to fix this.
There is no need for fixing as the content in this version is still very thin. As i found a last minute bug i clipped the rest of the introduction quest to avoid more confusion. But thank you for the quick feedback

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
There is no need for fixing as the content in this version is still very thin. As i found a last minute bug i clipped the rest of the introduction quest to avoid more confusion. But thank you for the quick feedback
Wait so where i'm up to, thats all there is to do right now ?

Reactions: toolkitxx

morpheusahrms

Sep 11, 2017
Good luck with this project. I always liked Girls Life but it was such a mess in all incarnations as to become frustrating every time (trying to score with the Step Dad anyone? THE USELESS GRIND!). So if you manage to get that beast tamed I will certainly be following closely.

Cheers mate!

Twistedcat8

May 15, 2018
Good luck with this project. I always liked Girls Life but it was such a mess in all incarnations as to become frustrating every time (trying to score with the Step Dad anyone? THE USELESS GRIND!). So if you manage to get that beast tamed I will certainly be following closely.

Cheers mate!

Honestly the best thing to do with Girl Life imo; is to go into the code and edit certain things to be easier or to create your own content. The Base game is fine but after you do most of the content once you can really start seeing the problems. Personally I have always loved the incest content in it, because none of the other characters are interesting, or their content is only a third of the way done at most. Where as the family members feel much more alive and thought out.

Anyway hoping this game has a healthy future. A lot of projects have started with inspiration from Girl Life but a lot of them seem to be abandoned before they really start getting good.

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes