Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV MZ, CheatMenu [v2.1.1]

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

booble123

Feb 5, 2018
Is there a way to translate the variables on the cheat menu? They all show up in jap so i have no idea what im changing when i do it.

Jan 15, 2018
I tried using this for Nightmare Knight, and the game went from 16:9 to a cropped 4:3.
Also some games don't even run at all if the cheat menu is applied.

Fridn

Aug 6, 2020
I found a bug, when you freezes the switch - cheat menu breaks, teleport menu still works, but other tabs doesn't shows up, and if you did save, it will stay bugged until you not load previous save
Edit: game - A Struggle With Sin

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I found a bug, when you freezes the switch - cheat menu breaks, teleport menu still works, but other tabs doesn't shows up, and if you did save, it will stay bugged until you not load previous save
Edit: game - A Struggle With Sin
The switch you froze probably just broke the game? The cheat menu is tied to the game process.

Sacerih

Mar 24, 2017
Also some games don't even run at all if the cheat menu is applied.
It's because the tool patches plugins.js poorly. Depending on the formatting it'll just throw commas all over the place which makes the game fail to load plugins altogether. Some games just fail to launch if this happens, some launch but with massive bugs.

You can fix this by restoring [GameDirectory]/www/js/plugins.js to the version you downloaded, then manually appending {"name":"CheatMenu","status":true,"description":"External cheat window, for easy item and variable modification.","parameters":{}} to it.

Reactions: yoyomistro

xLogger

Nov 5, 2022
It's because the tool patches plugins.js poorly. Depending on the formatting it'll just throw commas all over the place which makes the game fail to load plugins altogether. Some games just fail to launch if this happens, some launch but with massive bugs.

You can fix this by restoring [GameDirectory]/www/js/plugins.js to the version you downloaded, then manually appending {"name":"CheatMenu","status":true,"description":"External cheat window, for easy item and variable modification.","parameters":{}} to it.
After doing this the error changed from unexpected token '.' to unexpected token '{'

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
After doing this the error changed from unexpected token '.' to unexpected token '{'
Remember to insert a , before adding that line, notice how all lines end with a comma except the last one.

Code:
// Generated by RPG Maker.
// Do not edit this file directly.
var $plugins =
[
{"name":"test1","status":false,"description":"","parameters":{}},
{"name":"test2","status":true,"description":"","parameters":{}},
{"name":"test3","status":true,"description":"","parameters":{}},
{"name":"CheatMenu","status":true,"description":"External cheat window, for easy item and variable modification.","parameters":{}}
];

Sacerih

Mar 24, 2017
notice how all lines end with a comma
While your advice is correct in general, I'm going to nitpick the use of the word "all", because the assumption that all lines that end with a closing bracket should also end with a comma is where the program causes issues. I mean, I haven't looked through the code but it feels safe to say based on observed behavior.
I'll give an example to show where it goes wrong.

Some games follow the format that you showed. However, some games format it differently; this is also a valid format for plugins.js that you'll see sometimes:
Code:
{
  "name": "Community_Basic",
  "status": true,
  "description": "基本的なパラメーターを設定するプラグインです。",
  "parameters": {
    "cacheLimit": "20",
    "screenWidth": "1280",
    "screenHeight": "768",
    "changeWindowWidthTo": "",
    "changeWindowHeightTo": "",
    "renderingMode": "auto",
    "alwaysDash": "off"
  }
}
With the format you showed, the installer will correctly add a comma at the end of the line and move on. With this one, it would add commas to all closing brackets, like so:
Code:
{
  "name": "Community_Basic",
  "status": true,
  "description": "基本的なパラメーターを設定するプラグインです。",
  "parameters": {
    "cacheLimit": "20",
    "screenWidth": "1280",
    "screenHeight": "768",
    "changeWindowWidthTo": "",
    "changeWindowHeightTo": "",
    "renderingMode": "auto",
    "alwaysDash": "off"
  },
},
My suggestion would be to only insert a comma at the final closing bracket, since it's relatively simple and avoids breaking things, plus it's not really your concern if the original dev formatted their own plugins.js incorrectly. Or just ignore me. I'm too lazy to download the code and submit a fix myself, so I can hardly fault you if you feel the same.

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Your correct.

But my statement holds when the plugin.js is unedited from the source, as for what your saying is when someone has been modifying the file, most likely while translating it.

plugins.js is an auto generated file from RPG Maker, and its even stated in the top not to modify it. :)

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
That tool is amazing. It is rly easy to use, It's user-friendly lol.
Right now I can't think of any suggestion to make bc it's been some time since I last played a rpgm game. Just maybe make an option to change the speed we're moving at, smt like that.
But I'll def come back when I do if I have suggestions, that is if the dev is still working/trying to improve (on) it.

So yeah, thank you for this amazing tool.

THX

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Right now I can't think of any suggestion to make bc it's been some time since I last played a rpgm game. Just maybe make an option to change the speed we're moving at, smt like that.
But I'll def come back when I do if I have suggestions, that is if the dev is still working/trying to improve (on) it.

THX
Technically there is a movespeed mod, but it doesn't really work well with a lot of games, especially if they already have a turbo mode built in. My New Life for example has a built in turbo that this mod actually makes slower lol, but it's worth it for the benefits it gives and you can make up for the lost time with teleporting.

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Technically there is a movespeed mod, but it doesn't really work well with a lot of games, especially if they already have a turbo mode built in. My New Life for example has a built in turbo that this mod actually makes slower lol, but it's worth it for the benefits it gives and you can make up for the lost time with teleporting.
Oh ok. I thought what if we could change it like a variable. In games they most of the time give you the choice between slow, normal fast, super fast.
I don't know how it all works but Ig the sprite should have some kinda
travel distance / time
or smt similar. I honestly don't kown what I'm talking abt lol, I don't code. So yeah it would be great if we could edit a number that would change the speed instead of switching between preset speeds. lol Idk if what I say makes sense, I hope it does.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Oh ok. I thought what if we could change it like a variable. In games they most of the time give you the choice between slow, normal fast, super fast.
I don't know how it all works but Ig the sprite should have some kinda
travel distance / time
or smt similar. I honestly don't kown what I'm talking abt lol, I don't code. So yeah it would be great if we could edit a number that would change the speed instead of switching between preset speeds. lol Idk if what I say makes sense, I hope it does.
I think I get what you're saying but yea it works differently for different methods. I'm not sure what the speed function is in RPG Maker but typically you either increase the speed of the player sprite itself, or you increase the speed of the whole process (as in the clock in the game actually runs faster.) I think the hack in this tool increases sprite speed but it doesn't always play well with some titles.

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017

THX
You can speed up the walking speed on the character page, and modify the games speed under commands

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes