• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I finally wrote up something to talk about news over the past few months. It's a bit long to post here so I'll link to it instead.

The TL;DR version is we've been dealt a few blows but we're not going anywhere.
Big thanks to everyone that's supported us so far, here's hoping for a brighter 2024!

If interested, you can join us on too!

• Red Heart
Reactions: c3p0 and Meushi

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I finally wrote up something to talk about news over the past few months. It's a bit long to post here so I'll link to it instead.

The TL;DR version is we've been dealt a few blows but we're not going anywhere.
Big thanks to everyone that's supported us so far, here's hoping for a brighter 2024!

If interested, you can join us on too!
Thanks. Perhaps in the future, when my future is more stable, I willing to chip in again.
It is nice to see you still there, despite all this, where Nopy and others have put an end to their services (forced or on their own deciscion). Also it is intresting looking back, I was one of them, that thinked that torrents aren't necessary (cause Nopy and so). Today it is favourite choice with with pixeldrain as a failback.
The other things I realise about my behaviour is that previously I would go over the latest update page to the game and then look for the torrent on your site. Now, as it seems a little trend for me, I'm going more directly over your site and then, via link to the zone.

Also btt: Is there any way to have a the torrent of a game always up to the latest version, without much handwork?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Meushi and RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Thanks. Perhaps in the future, when my future is more stable, I willing to chip in again.
It is nice to see you still there, despite all this, where Nopy and others have put an end to their services (forced or on their own deciscion). Also it is intresting looking back, I was one of them, that thinked that torrents aren't necessary (cause Nopy and so). Today it is favourite choice with with pixeldrain as a failback.
The other things I realise about my behaviour is that previously I would go over the latest update page to the game and then look for the torrent on your site. Now, as it seems a little trend for me, I'm going more directly over your site and then, via link to the zone.
Same! I've just found it faster really (when searching for games), but most of that may be just that we do only games whereas F95 has discussion, fanart threads, mods etc etc.

Also btt: Is there any way to have a the torrent of a game always up to the latest version, without much handwork?
The short answer is not really. It's something we've discussed numerous times. Like, with a bit of work we definitely _could_ make things a bit easier and streamlined but really, we'd just be inviting more mistakes. Nobodies perfect, sometimes uploaders here make small errors like putting the mac version as the windows version, or tagging the wrong version number - shit happens. By having things be that little bit more manual, we manage to catch most of these. The downside is it's a bit more work for us but the upside is, it's very very rare that we've had to re-make a torrent. Remaking a torrent is a pain in the ass too because technically, we shouldn't use the same name as the previous torrent, even if it's correct because torrent-clients can't load two torrents with the same name, nor can the same file exist in the same folder with the same name - it's a bit of a mess. So (in my opinion) it's better to do it once and do it properly, less work & frustration in the long run.

Part of my reasoning for it too is that torrents work best for people with spotty internet or who just want to download something overnight so it'd be a bit of a bummer for someone to download something only to have to download it again later because there was a mistake.

We'd also be missing out on random stuff like this ( ) that get added to torrents - it'd lose a bit of charm and that'd be sad I think.

Reactions: c3p0

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I'm seeing a lot of "Torrent not found". are you deleting torrents after a bit? not enough disk space?
Whenever a game updates we remove the old version so we only have one version (the most up to date). There are a few exceptions, like if a game has 5 chapters, then it'll have 5 torrents too.

Are you looking at older posts in threads is it?

russiannuke

Jan 10, 2019
Whenever a game updates we remove the old version so we only have one version (the most up to date). There are a few exceptions, like if a game has 5 chapters, then it'll have 5 torrents too.

Are you looking at older posts in threads is it?
The search function on forums doesn't have any sorting option, so I didn't find the latest post. What I found was a post with a similar game version number and thought it was the latest.
I have found it now, by searching on rpdl.net.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
The search function on forums doesn't have any sorting option, so I didn't find the latest post. What I found was a post with a similar game version number and thought it was the latest.
Ah yeah, we don't always post the torrent here so that'd be why. We need a way to post once and have it always link to the most recent version but unfortunately, it's not possible yet. It's on our todo list.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
The f95 search can be configured to sort by date:
Account > Preferences > Scroll down to Search Options, click Most recent > Save

It's still generally easier to search on rpdl.net though.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Using roland.host/rpdl/, is it possible to filter the RSS feed for ren'py games?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask this in.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Using roland.host/rpdl/, is it possible to filter the RSS feed for ren'py games?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask this in.
I don't think so. For example, this torrent ( ) is in the Renpy category but there's nothing actually on the page that denotes the category itself. I can't really speculate if/when it might be possible either, progress on the update is good but communication could be a little better so we don't know what features will make it into next update.

If you're interested in a specific subset of games, F95Checker might be a better fit for you to be honest. Willy's done a great job with it and our torrents can be downloaded through it too.

Reactions: Quetzzz

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
The RSS feed seems to have the information, but no matter what filters I try in qbittorrent, it doesn't work. I think it only filters on filenames. :-/
1701650708663.png
I'll check out F95Checker. Thanks for your help, and for making your project!

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
1701650862519.png

onionwtf.gif

ya guys finally got more members. jeez, took ya long enough!

poor devilkin, sitting all alone in the cellar all the time, doing nothing but torrents

• Sad
Reactions: yilkin

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
The RSS feed seems to have the information, but no matter what filters I try in qbittorrent, it doesn't work. I think it only filters on filenames. :-/
View attachment 3140366
I'll check out F95Checker. Thanks for your help, and for making your project!
In RSS -> RSS downloader -> Category Section, have you tried that (instead of the filters?)
I don't have it installed at the moment so can't check.
The category names are; Renpy/Unity/Unreal/Html/Other - capitilization might be important.

ya guys finally got more members. jeez, took ya long enough!

poor devilkin, sitting all alone in the cellar all the time, doing nothing but torrents
We've constantly recruiting and adding new people, we just don't ping or make news posts much so when we do post, a bunch of news is grouped together. How have things been with you?

Reactions: Quetzzz

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
In RSS -> RSS downloader -> Category Section, have you tried that (instead of the filters?)
Sadly, this only assigns a category to the torrents that are added for download. I've tried Renpy, *Renpy* and every RegEx variation I could think of, to no avail. I could try to pipe the RSS through another 3rd party tool to filter it... Maybe.
I'll keep you updated if I find a method that works.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RPDL

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I don't have it installed at the moment so can't check.
The category names are; Renpy/Unity/Unreal/Html/Other - capitilization might be important.
The solution presented itself much faster than expected... , no login required. So far so good, I'll just have to wait and see if it holds up as a permanent solution.

1701651975563.png

Reactions: RPDL

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Hey Quetzzz,
Following your question yesterday, we asked Roland if he had any ideas; and being the master of his craft, he simply added it as a feature.
You now have the option to select the game category(engine) you want when you .