2.50 star(s) 94 Votes

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
This game shows all the insignificance of the male gender in modern Europe. This dude is a victim of fraud. He paid his rent. He bought materials. He paid for the delivery. He renovated the room. All at his own expense! It would have been cheaper to go to a prostitute. :Kappa: :KEK: :WutFace:

• Haha
Reactions: SHREDDER1976

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
This game shows all the insignificance of the male gender in modern Europe. This dude is a victim of fraud. He paid his rent. He bought materials. He paid for the delivery. He renovated the room. All at his own expense! It would have been cheaper to go to a prostitute. :Kappa: :KEK: :WutFace:
maybe you should relax, go into the RoomToRent_0.8.4p_full\data and play bubbles
it's a extra game he added.
if you can't find it, here it is in a rar file for you..

• Haha
Reactions: fortuna95

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
OK, so looks like I have finished this for this release, but I thought I saw something about fixing the post room computer? I haven't done that. I tried clicking on that during my second day at work and got hauled off to sort out the printer of the blonde woman....didn't get an option to go back and sort it after that.
So, do I have to go back to the first work day, cos that's a LONG way back and I'm not even sure what save file I'd need (because of the lack of labelling or any evidence they have been used).
If I HAVE to go back to do it, then I'll see if I have a save that can get me there, but I doubt it, what are the consequences of not fixing that computer?

So, checked all my saves and only one I have before the first day of work (if that's where I need to go to to fix that computer) is way, way back...not even 100% sure when it is, I just know it's before any of the nice scenes came up. So, If I have to go back to day one to fix that old computer then has anyone got a save for that point (with everything done of course up to that point).
Thanks

Last edited:

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
OK, so looks like I have finished this for this release, but I thought I saw something about fixing the post room computer? I haven't done that. I tried clicking on that during my second day at work and got hauled off to sort out the printer of the blonde woman....didn't get an option to go back and sort it after that.
So, do I have to go back to the first work day, cos that's a LONG way back and I'm not even sure what save file I'd need (because of the lack of labelling or any evidence they have been used).
If I HAVE to go back to do it, then I'll see if I have a save that can get me there, but I doubt it, what are the consequences of not fixing that computer?

So, checked all my saves and only one I have before the first day of work (if that's where I need to go to to fix that computer) is way, way back...not even 100% sure when it is, I just know it's before any of the nice scenes came up. So, If I have to go back to day one to fix that old computer then has anyone got a save for that point (with everything done of course up to that point).
Thanks
click on the cat in in the top corner of the screen for tips on what to do next

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
click on the cat in in the top corner of the screen for tips on what to do next
can't do that as I did the movie night with jennifer and it tells me I'm done.
I need to find out when to do the post office computer fix as I know I haven't done that yet, but I believe I've done everything else (except of course there is no list to work from).
Do you have any saves from just before MC's first day on the job? (If that's where I need to go back to)

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Can anyone give me some direction? Episode 5: have gotten the newspaper and mail, looked through the newspaper, and now cannot figure out what to do. It gets tiring clicking random stuff non-stop for more than 20 minutes.

EDIT: Figured it out.

You have to click the cell phone in your bedroom, then the newspaper in your inventory to see the job listing. You dial the phone number from the job listing and schedule an interview. After you are done with the call, you can begin hooking up your computer and router.

You click the box next to the computer for cables. Once all cables are connected, you click the box next to the file cabinet for the router. Place it on the cabinet. You then hook up the router using cables from the file cabinet and computer, grab tape from the box next to the computer, and tape the cable to the floor (once next to the cabinet and once next to the computer tower).

You then have to click the router, then the telephone port in the hall, then above the door near the ceiling, to the left. After that, I was able to go into the basement. I threw away the newspaper, as per advice in this thread, and went into the room with the fuse box.

Turn on the light, open the fuse box, and grab the screwdriver. Go to the table in the back and grab the hammer on the table. Click the screwdriver, place it in the vice, and click the hammer on it twice to create a "master key" to the house.

Click under the table to pull out a crate with the power drill and pick it up. Click the arrow to look to the right, and grab the drill bit located on the floor near the fuse box.

Go back up stairs and use the power drill on the ceiling. Click the router to pull a cord from router to the wall. Click the hammer from your inventory and click so the hammer icon "hammers" on where the cord is. Repeat this until the cord is connected. Click the bottom file cabinet to grab paper, then place the pages to the right of the printer on the desk.

Click the chair, look left at the tower, and turn it on. Then look back at the PC, click 'Slimjet Browser' and type . Click the arrow to enter the router setup page and enter the following:

PPPoE
User Name: 548788826872
Password: 5FX7v3AE
Service Name: kpAPam06
Click the 'Keep Alive' radial button
Router Name: WRT54GL
DHCP Server: Enable

Click Save Settings and you can use the browser.

You can use the screwdriver to open your roommates' doors, but beware that you have to re-lock the doors with the screwdriver after or your will lose the game when the daughter gets home.

I haven't found any advantage to opening the doors. You can grab used underwear and find a safe in the daughter's room, but I cannot figure out the safe combination or what to do with the underwear.
you have the IP address wrong - first two numbers are switched

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
first off the all knowing Cat in the top left hand corner is not working.

You must pick the screwdriver up while looking on the right side of the computer,
then collect the screwdriver from your inventory on the bottom right and undo the 4 computer case screws, two on the right, two on the left.

then remove the lid of the computer case,

Then remove the bios battery from the motherboard,

then wait a minute for the bios to reset,

then reinsert the battery,

then put the computer back together,

then start up the monitor, then start the computer,

then press F1 on the keyboard.

have you ever used DOS 5 before ? pre windows ?, welcome to MS-DOS, it came out with Windows 1.1, Windows 3.1 is on the P.C.

Scroll through the pagers of the MS - Dos book on the right side of the computer.

have fun here, this is where I am up to.

type "dir" press enter

type "win" press enter

click on "File Manager"

you will need to click on the down arrow on the monitor of each popup window that opes up to close them, instead of a X like normal.

click on "J Drive"

click ignore, ignore ignore, until all the folders of the drive are showing. [its a password checker for newer versions of windows] i.e. newer then Windows 3.1 lol

in " ! lab4# " click on folder " accident "

click on Accident.doc , then click

then click on each jpg file one after another and each doc file

after that have a look at all the other drives, however at the end of the game it says your still forgot something, i'm gathering your meant to have found a 3.1 inch floppy disk somewhere View attachment 3035878
Bit baffled by all of this.....is there a second screwdriver? Only one I've seen is the one from the basement which I made into the lockpick and is not in my inventory when I get to the office.
I've tried clicking on the computer to stand in front of it but nothing happens except people come in the door to say things and then that's the end of the day with no options.
When do we do this part of the game? On the day we get shown around? or on the first work day? or even the second work day?
Really need some help here (and the cat is useless for this)

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
Bit baffled by all of this.....is there a second screwdriver? Only one I've seen is the one from the basement which I made into the lockpick and is not in my inventory when I get to the office.
I've tried clicking on the computer to stand in front of it but nothing happens except people come in the door to say things and then that's the end of the day with no options.
When do we do this part of the game? On the day we get shown around? or on the first work day? or even the second work day?
there's a Screwdriver in the Mail Room

Reactions: Sparhawker

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
I just can't see it, I know you said on the right, but do I need to stand in front of the PC to see it, because I can't see how, I get sent to doing the mail right away each time.
Do you remember when you did it? Interview day, 1st full day (when you talk to the guy in the server room), 2nd day (when I get hauled away by the blonde woman)? After that, that's the end I think as I end up doing the second movie night with jennifer and afterwards it tells me that's the end....so I either missed something or we only get those three chances to fix that old computer

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
I just can't see it, I know you said on the right, but do I need to stand in front of the PC to see it, because I can't see how, I get sent to doing the mail right away each time.
Do you remember when you did it? Interview day, 1st full day (when you talk to the guy in the server room), 2nd day (when I get hauled away by the blonde woman)? After that, that's the end I think as I end up doing the second movie night with jennifer and afterwards it tells me that's the end....so I either missed something or we only get those three chances to fix that old computer
once you goto work on the computer, press the right arrow key on the screen to look on the right side of the computer, then you do the same on the left after you work out how to undo the screws.
you will need to press the left arrow key twice, first click takes you back to looking at the front of the computer.

Funny thing is, in real life I think those cases had the screws on the back of the computer, but hey, it's a Game.

and no you don't do this on Interview day, it's after helping the other woman in the toilets who is getting bossed around by the female boss.
if I remember right.
right before or right after you agree to drive the mum for a business trip, and after the daughter drops and breaks a glass on the floor and you dig out the splinter from her foot and make her feel better.

I think I remember that all right.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
once you goto work on the computer, press the right arrow key on the screen to look on the right side of the computer, then you do the same on the left after you work out how to undo the screws.
you will need to press the left arrow key twice, first click takes you back to looking at the front of the computer.

Funny thing is, in real life I think those cases had the screws on the back of the computer, but hey, it's a Game.

and no you don't do this on Interview day, it's after helping the other woman in the toilets who is getting bossed around by the female boss.
if I remember right.
right before or right after you agree to drive the mum for a business trip, and after the daughter drops and breaks a glass on the floor and you dig out the splinter from her foot and make her feel better.

I think I remember that all right.
ummm, didn't see an option to help any woman out in the toilets. is that on the first work day? Also don't remember Jennifer dropping a glass. I guess there are some hidden things in this game I just can't work out. I may check the Youtube videos to see if I can see what's missing...though I think he missed this all out as well. I did get the bit about driving the mum (on day two of work), but I thought that went straight to doing the 2nd movie night when you get even more intimate with the daughter.
Work Day 1 - go into office - talk to security and reception about the accident in the lab, then go to post office and see the IT guy in the server room. Do the post thing and then the woman who showed you around comes in and says something about that computer but that's the end of day and it just flips to you back at the apartment. You sort of the fake documents. Evening you have the first movie night with the HJ from Jennifer
Work Day 2 - pee in front of jennifer - talk to mother in kitchen about shopping - go to work and give papers to reception, people talking in corridor on way to post office, in the post office do the post game again and after the blonde woman comes in and gets you to fix something and you go under her desk, after that I think you just end up back at the apartment. then you get the scene with the mother and the offer to drive her. Evening is 2nd movie night where you get a lot more intimate with Jennifer, but my game ends right after that. Not clear if that is the end of the latest version or there is something else missing. From what you just said, sounds like I have at least three things missing, so not sure what those triggers are.

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
ummm, didn't see an option to help any woman out in the toilets. is that on the first work day? Also don't remember Jennifer dropping a glass. I guess there are some hidden things in this game I just can't work out. I may check the Youtube videos to see if I can see what's missing...though I think he missed this all out as well. I did get the bit about driving the mum (on day two of work), but I thought that went straight to doing the 2nd movie night when you get even more intimate with the daughter.
Work Day 1 - go into office - talk to security and reception about the accident in the lab, then go to post office and see the IT guy in the server room. Do the post thing and then the woman who showed you around comes in and says something about that computer but that's the end of day and it just flips to you back at the apartment. You sort of the fake documents. Evening you have the first movie night with the HJ from Jennifer
Work Day 2 - pee in front of jennifer - talk to mother in kitchen about shopping - go to work and give papers to reception, people talking in corridor on way to post office, in the post office do the post game again and after the blonde woman comes in and gets you to fix something and you go under her desk, after that I think you just end up back at the apartment. then you get the scene with the mother and the offer to drive her. Evening is 2nd movie night where you get a lot more intimate with Jennifer, but my game ends right after that. Not clear if that is the end of the latest version or there is something else missing. From what you just said, sounds like I have at least three things missing, so not sure what those triggers are.
1. no it's not the first day.
you work in the Mail Office multiple day's.
You help the attractive black woman in the toilets when she is getting bullied and harassed by the blond woman, her and your boss, this is on the lt day of the current update, you hear raised voice's coming from the women's toilets and investigate
I think you have not done multiple things in the game, so you haven't reached this part yet.

2. Correction,Jennifer drop's a Cup in the last update, after you have given her a in-depth massage and had sex with her.
this is after staying at the house for a while, I suspect you have only had foreplay with her so far.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

3. It may be that you are still playing version 0-8-2, or 0-8-3.
I suggest you redownload version0-8-4 and copy your save game files into it.

4. have you reached day 8 or 9 yet ?

Last edited:

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
Untitled.jpg

you only need the one screwdriver, I have a Red Arrow pointing at it for you.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
1. no it's not the first day.
you work in the Mail Office multiple day's.
You help the attractive black woman in the toilets when she is getting bullied and harassed by the blond woman, her and your boss, this is on the lt day of the current update, you hear raised voice's coming from the women's toilets and investigate
I think you have not done multiple things in the game, so you haven't reached this part yet.

2. Correction,Jennifer drop's a Cup in the last update, after you have given her a in-depth massage and had sex with her.
this is after staying at the house for a while, I suspect you have only had foreplay with her so far.

View attachment 3243293

View attachment 3243296

3. It may be that you are still playing version 0-8-2, or 0-8-3.
I suggest you redownload version0-8-4 and copy your save game files into it.

4. have you reached day 8 or 9 yet ?
that's really odd, I only downloaded this recently (or so I thought) and it looks like I'm only 0n 0.7.95....thanks for that nudge. I guess I'll get that sorted....sorry for the stress

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
that's really odd, I only downloaded this recently (or so I thought) and it looks like I'm only 0n 0.7.95....thanks for that nudge. I guess I'll get that sorted....sorry for the stress
hey it just means you have a lot of playing to catch up.
Glad I could help you sort out the problem.

Just so you know,yes there is no walkthrough, however most problems on the game are talked about on here, so anywhere you get stuck, do a search for it on the thread, and you should find some of us talking about how to get past it.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
ok, so I got the screwdriver and am looking at the side of the computer.
I assume there's a particular pixel you need to be over to undo the screws...I have the bubble on the screen saying to use the screwdriver and have the screwdriver in hand, but I cannot find the correct pixel to be over (BTW I cannot see a cursor when I pick things up, even though others have posted screenshots with both a cursor arrow and an item selected)
......ahh, re-loaded the game and found there is a bug....if you pick up the screwdriver (so it's in your hand) before being told to use the screwdriver it doesn't accept that you are holding it. Once you get the order right it's easy.

Last edited:

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
ok, so, followed everything here and yes, got told at the end I'd forgotten something, have no idea what or how to fix it, went through all the drives and opened everything on the J drive as listed and thought I was clear as it said I could come back with blank floppy disks later....but the game ends

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
OK, so can I get a confirmation that the end of 8.4 is when you close down the old PC in the post-office.
It's telling me I found everything, but doesn't actually say that it's the end of version 8.4 anywhere

Reactions: SHREDDER1976

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
OK, so can I get a confirmation that the end of 8.4 is when you close down the old PC in the post-office.
It's telling me I found everything, but doesn't actually say that it's the end of version 8.4 anywhere
that is the end of version 8.4, yep you have completed the game to the end of the current update.

2.50 star(s) 94 Votes