Flash - Room to Rent [v0.8.4p] [NERDWORKS]

1. 4.00 star(s)

W1ldb0y

I you want a game with instant T&A with no effort this is not the game for you
    But if you are prepared to put in the effort it is rewarding as of 0.5.41
    I did need to use the inbuilt wiki to progress and get the optimum result.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

randominaattori

Been checking this every now and then if it was updated or not. Didnt want to review it just yet since its so unfinished but its been quite long time and not sure if its abandoned or not.
    Game looks promising and characters are building up nicely as story goes on. Renders are looking good and you have tasks to do which makes it more like a game than many others.Always liked a games where MC needs to earn his/her pleasure. Makes it feel more realistic.
    Creepy neighbour is weird addition but maybe would make more sense in the future....
  3. 5.00 star(s)

John Woodbridge

I played this game because his title was so close to another great game for which I support his Dev. on Patreon ("Room for rent" created by CeLaVieGroup) and I was so curious to discover what they have (or not!) in common.
    After first hour of playing, I knew that it wouldn't be so easy to progress correctly in it, but I like challenges, so I took a deep breath and went through all chapters with a lot of pleasure.
    I assume to say that Saving Menu could be better developed and easier to manage. Also a Back function if I missed one item and/or made a wrong choice could help a little bit.
    In conclusion, I may say that I am convinced next release will increase actual level of teasing characters of the story and this game's got all element to become an addictive one ! More of that, images rendering are beautiful and very realistic. Keep that direction Nerdworks ! and I could perhaps become a trusted paying supporter of your work soon !

Update of Nov. 15
    I am now one of your Patreons, so keep doing your hard work for our pleasure and your game will reach a well-known and successful status !
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Zee95

Pros:
    Work of the dev. Maybe the average player won't notice it, but I pay attention to everything. How the characters interact, the fabrics, the materials, the clock on the walls, the light. For example, a printed sheet of paper in his hand is bent. Another example with a towel may seem easy to some players, but in fact, working with a towel is more difficult than just setting a pose. There are a lot of objects in the game, apparently made by the developer. If you compare the locations of this game and other AAA projects, then this game will look more solid, despite the not high resolution of some maps.
    Apparently, the game does not use DAZ models, which means that all the rigs were made by the developer. And this is another plus, in the moneybox of the developer.
    Cons:
    Often it is not clear where to click, even when you know what to do. It's only because of the small spot u have to find, that you can make a lot of misclicks. (It's a good thing the tab helps)
    Small polygonal hair.
    Skin shader (is not SSS, as in 99% of games)
    And the last and most important thing I think is why I'm taking out one star. It's a theme about religion, and his T-shirt. I don't like it when religious themes are mixed up in such games. All the more reason to disrespect those who believe in religion... (as that t-shirt says)
  5. 2.00 star(s)

strenif

Got as far as the second wall hanging wall paper before I quit.
    The game has to click to walk up stairs ffs. And I don't mean click on them and you're at the top. Four flights and you have to click on each stair.
    Ya going to pass on this.

Shame, I like the premise to.
    Shady guy moves in with a uptight mom and shy daughter. Slowly corrupts both. Eventual threesome.
    Good set up with decent renders. Right up my ally.
    It takes a lot for me to avoid something like that but a fuck ton of grind and little content plus a healthy dose of engrish is a bridge to far. No wonder the devs patreon isn't doing well.

Give this one a pass or play it like you're watching The Room
  6. 1.00 star(s)

guillaume92812

the clicking part are way to annoying to make it enjoyable everything click oriented is sketchy and some parts don't seem to be working at all like at one point you have to unfold a table and whenever you click somewhere too soon it restarts at the beginning all and all a pretty big waste of time
  7. 2.00 star(s)

darksage

The controls on this game are infuriating. You'll spend most of your time looking for where you need to click in order to advance scenes and you'll occasionally hit the invisible home menu button and lose your progress. It's unfortunate because the renders are really good.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Asr127

Tedious beyond belief. You need the patience of a saint to play this without contemplating murder. Having a next button would have been astronomically better than having to search for the exact point you have to click to proceed. The painting and wallpaper minigames are some of the worst one's i've seen to date.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Goblin Baily: DILF

This game is depresingly ugly... the neighboorhood. the buildings, the cars look like a gulag for VIP... when I play games I don't want to look at crap like that... if I did, all I had to do was look outside.
    the overview promises a fun game with point'n'click elements like the old games from the golden age... if only that was the truth.... I had more fun playing MUD emulators.
    1 star is too much, but it's the lowest we can give
  10. 5.00 star(s)

lilindie

The grinding in this is total, but it somehow adds up to the excitement. But definitely not for the impatient.
    The renderings are adorable and the story promises a lot. Can't wait to see how it develops
  11. 3.00 star(s)

tcup66

This is a tough game to review. This by far is the most frustrating game on this site however so what enjoyable. If you are looking for a quick game to get you in to the action then this is not a game for you as you may end up throwing your computer out the window.
    The good:
    Story line . I like the story is new and has a lot of places that it can go. Even though the story its self is very short so far as most of you time is spent in mini games.
    Renders. The renders aren't the same as so many other games that have been recycling the same renders over and over its new and I like the models used.
    Complexity. I like a game that has some what of a challenge to it.
    Minigame/puzzles. You will see I put these in my good and bad. The good part of them is they are new and different and some of them fun. You will see the bad below.

The bad:
    Saves. You only get 1 save. When you save it takes over from you last save and saving in this game is very important. You make a mistake and you have to go though all the puzzles again.
    Grammar. This game need a proof reader. Its understandable but lots of little errors.
    Minigames/Puzzles. They are way over done. For example you wallpaper an entire room after the first 4 pieces of wallpaper you get the point the next 12 or however many is pointless and is just used to either add play time to how long they say the game is or to just piss people off. This is the same with some of the other puzzles too.
    Making mistakes. I answered a question wrong during the move and didn't find out till the very end of the day where it then brings you back to half way through the move. I get that making a mistake should cost you but having to play the puzzles all over again makes you want to quit.
    Hitboxes. The hitboxes in the puzzles are way to small and there is no size reference to some of the things like the moving boxes it make the puzzles seem broken.

Over all this game has great potential but things need to be tuned back or people will get frustrated and quit. They also need to make sure they don't push the story too fast or it will seem like a ton of work for a short story. There shouldn't be any sexual action to early in this game. I just hope the puzzles are fixed of this game will surely die and not get a good following.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

GMoney

got to the moving truck scene, my cursor disappeared and started clicking everywhere. sent me back to title screen. there is no return button, had not saved since the flooring bullshit. i am done..... Worst game Ever. its a shame because the renders a done really well.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Koruya

I dunno, i like this one.
    Puzzles on which you need spend time, clicking what give you time to really look at what people say and what expression they make. The realistic environment and good renders, give amazing in it feeling.
    Only negative for me, is how awful bubble boxes are, hope devs will look into them.
    Really a worthy game, that make all those "click to see boobs" kids to cry.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Imperatrixxx

Amazing, stylish and classic point to click flash game with good storyline and nice renders, beautiful graphics and attention to details. I like it.

For mini games clues/hint press key "Tab", but seems then this game will be too easy. :)
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Hunter 68

If you want to spend hours clicking a mouse in the hope it lines up with an arbitrary dot on the screen...
    Then this is the game for you.
    The artwork is ok, the storyline is... what you'd expect, but just clickity clicky click... for days. The minigames are truly dreadful, but without them it would be a 5 min game.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

CaptMorgan76

What more could I possibly add that hasn’t already been said? The renders are amazing and the core concept is solid, but the game itself is pure shit.. an absolute torture to play. Rempy is free people.. Hell even Unity would be fine.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

LordDraco

What a waste of time clicking endlessly trying to figure out something so broken. Making me click every paint stroke, can't figure out how to open a folding table without it closing back up. Why not just make it a one click to complete?
  18. 1.00 star(s)

HaloRis

Need some serious work on interface to get rid of all that click-fest.
    walking on stairs takes eternity when you have to click each stair individually... What a shame, characters and story seems fine atm, poor execution with hidden click-fest.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Inappropriate

Amazing but mini games need to be clues/hint

Apart from that the render is very good, the events are slow to progress, but as I said before, mini-games need to be clues

My english bad, sorry for wrong words.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

VelSl

This is the single most annoying game, that i have ever tried! The gameplay is horrible the graphics are not so good ... Total waste of time. At least the creators can explain or mark the places to click. Anyways I do not recommend the game to no one.