• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others RogueLove [v0.18] [Noxious Games]

2.90 star(s) 7 Votes

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Ok, on the off chance anyone else has played the most recent version. Is the megabat boss just completely fucking broken for you too? Because on my end I was able to hit it like 2 times, then it decided to leave the room to do fly by attacks, and hasn't returned for like 10 passes. I've tested skill dodging, blocking, letting it hit me, trying to have it hit a pillar / rock in the room, and regular attack avoidance nothing has helped.

Also, does the in game settings menu do anything, or is it just a button that does nothing. And fuck game developers that decide the settings menu shouldn't be accessible from the main menu. That and the lack of any in game instructions / control lists.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Ok, on the off chance anyone else has played the most recent version. Is the megabat boss just completely fucking broken for you too? Because on my end I was able to hit it like 2 times, then it decided to leave the room to do fly by attacks, and hasn't returned for like 10 passes. I've tested skill dodging, blocking, letting it hit me, trying to have it hit a pillar / rock in the room, and regular attack avoidance nothing has helped.

Also, does the in game settings menu do anything, or is it just a button that does nothing. And fuck game developers that decide the settings menu shouldn't be accessible from the main menu. That and the lack of any in game instructions / control lists.
The bat boss was fine for me, but the game in general seems poorly put together. Like when I hover over an item, the description is *under* the menu. Or how left clicking doesn't always trigger your attack for some reasons, but the F key will pretty much always do it.

I also find the overall game design nonsensical. You can dodge and block attacks, but your own attacks have a chance of missing, even against inanimate objects? Get the fuck out of here. Or like what's up with the goblin mage? I just helplessly watch a die roll until I get something high enough to break free? Where the hell am I supposed to find more clothes? What kind of shitty real time system forces you to constantly fend against completely destroys your clothes in a couple tries and makes you miss your attacks 40% of the time? Is the dev even playing their own game?

amgwtfover

Aug 11, 2017
5 years and what progress has been made beyond "broken mess"? :S
Honestly I think it's time to give up on this one and move on

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Fml. So I managed to beat the current game content on my second playthrough, but the game straight up just freezes if you beat the newest boss. I didn't get a chance to save all the "metadata" I accumulated, like how many times you picked up some equipment. All you need to succeed is a throwing dagger (although healing magic helps too). You can't die if they can't touch you.

cyrodi

Oct 8, 2018
After beating Somber Cloister 3, game can't progress and you get stuck at the map screen.

Also, sometimes the Snake enemies will spawn outside the room, trapping you :)

Ecl1p5e

Nov 30, 2018
After beating Somber Cloister 3, game can't progress and you get stuck at the map screen.

Also, sometimes the Snake enemies will spawn outside the room, trapping you :)
Yep, the map screen bug happened to me too. What's worse that you cannot quit the game from the map so you lose ALL your progress.

cyrodi

Oct 8, 2018
Yep, the map screen bug happened to me too. What's worse that you cannot quit the game from the map so you lose ALL your progress.
Not sure what progress gets you though, beyond saving states on items. It did suck though, takes a while to get that far.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Not sure what progress gets you though, beyond saving states on items. It did suck though, takes a while to get that far.
My understanding is that the cards (that rarely drop from enemies) give higher bonuses the more times you've found them over all play throughs. Though I wasn't able to test this due to the rarity of them dropping.

But other than that I think it would only affect the bestiary progress.

Ecl1p5e

Nov 30, 2018
Download for v0.13:

RogueLove v0.12 -> v0.13

New Content
-Final Floor; Dark Lord's Keep
-New Boss; The Dark Lord
-New Enemies; Tentacle Trap
-New Animations; Goblin, Hobgoblin, Boggart, Drowblin all have better animations for r*ing the player, Human masturbation animation for Mind Control, Redone General Cumbo x Player, Tentacle Trap x Player
-Reanimated General Cumbo, better looking graphics

Changes
-Every enemy which "grapples" the player now plays the correct animation during r*
-Drowblin Warlocks now summon Tentacle Traps

Bug Fixes
-Enemies which are somehow able to leave the bounds of a room are now instantly killed
-Clamped damage dealt to enemies with defense so the damage can no longer go under 0, which was effectively healing them
-Fixed a glitch where holding the Sprint button would drain Stamina, even when standing still
Since this is the final floor, hopefully he starts fixing the game from now on.

EDIT: SMFH... first run and a glaring issue.. now the creeping zombie hand enemies do not grab you when they pounce onto you, they literally just disappear into you and permanently slow you to an absolute crawl. Getting hit by 3 of these is instant game over.

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Download for v0.13: Mega

Since this is the final floor, hopefully he starts fixing the game from now on.

EDIT: SMFH... first run and a glaring issue.. now the creeping zombie hand enemies do not grab you when they pounce onto you, they literally just disappear into you and permanently slow you to an absolute crawl. Getting hit by 3 of these is instant game over.
Oh, fuck that. I've absolutely no interest in dealing with a worst version of them. I also don't fancy seeing if killing the final boss freezes my game like in 0.12. Also, the dev needs to buff melee combat. It shouldn't be that fucking hard to hit shit and avoid taking damage. I don't fancy the idea of throwing daggers for 2 hours just to actually progress (again).

Ecl1p5e

Nov 30, 2018
Oh, fuck that. I've absolutely no interest in dealing with a worst version of them. I also don't fancy seeing if killing the final boss freezes my game like in 0.12. Also, the dev needs to buff melee combat. It shouldn't be that fucking hard to hit shit and avoid taking damage. I don't fancy the idea of throwing daggers for 2 hours just to actually progress (again).
Exactly my sentiments... ranged weapons are actually overpowered. Once you get the Stone Shuriken it's an absolute breeze as if nothing else matters. Also, all the spells except the heal and lightning are totally useless. The fire spell is only good for breaking open the metal ingots for the loot inside because nothing else seems to harm them. I'd have to say that the shadow spell is the most useless one because healing 1 HP at the cost of 2 Mana seems like a really bad exchange of resources, especially when a heal spell already exists lmao

By the end of Stage 2 I have way too many iron keys and gold. Either the shopkeeper needs to sell more items at once, or the gold needs to be dropped less in favour of more mana potions or something else.

Reactions: Ferghus

cyrodi

Oct 8, 2018
Holy shit, new update is abysmal.

The hand glitch is an issue. Luckily if you change floors it goes away, but you have to hope there's only 2 of them.
Enemies still spawn outside of the room making it impossible to complete. Bat boss spawned outside of the room.
The Zelda snake things feel harder to hit? Why is this an enemy - your character generally attacks too slow for it to be possible to kill these things.
If you try to attack to the left with any weapon, clicks don't register half the time.
Getting infinite "Generating Dungeon..." on ramparts 3. God FUCKING dammit.

Also why are spells on left control? Couldn't be on a key that's actually closer to WASD?

God I really want to love this game, concept is great. Execution is horrible.

Last edited:

Ecl1p5e

Nov 30, 2018
Holy shit, new update is abysmal.

The hand glitch is an issue. Luckily if you change floors it goes away, but you have to hope there's only 2 of them.
Enemies still spawn outside of the room making it impossible to complete. Bat boss spawned outside of the room.
The Zelda snake things feel harder to hit? Why is this an enemy - your character generally attacks too slow for it to be possible to kill these things.
If you try to attack to the left with any weapon, clicks don't register half the time.
Getting infinite "Generating Dungeon..." on ramparts 3. God FUCKING dammit.

Also why are spells on left control? Couldn't be on a key that's actually closer to WASD?

God I really want to love this game, concept is great. Execution is horrible.
The hand glitch has been fixed here, in Version 0.13.1:

Also, you can swap spells by pressing Middle Mouse Button once, and use spells by holding and releasing the same.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
The hand glitch has been fixed here, in Version 0.13.1: Mega

Also, you can swap spells by pressing Middle Mouse Button once, and use spells by holding and releasing the same.
Is it just me or does the game now start you at the castle area? Isn't that endgame? First room as a dark elf and I'm already needing to fight off 5 orange goblins. Die. Start off as a human, and there's 2 roombas. Rage quit.

cyrodi

Oct 8, 2018
The hand glitch has been fixed here, in Version 0.13.1: Mega

Shit, thanks for the middle mouse tip. I didn't even think to consider. You've saved me a broken pinky :D

cyrodi

Oct 8, 2018
New issues:
  • Small hands still cause the perma movement debuff for the floor, if they catch you
  • Game starts in and never leaves ramparts 1-3, no matter how many floors you progress

• Sad
Reactions: Ferghus

eugeneloza

Jan 2, 2022
clicks don't register half the time
For some reason clicks don't work on left side of the screen for me (1366x768). Most likely some UI is larger than it should be (invisible hint?) and intercepts clicks/raycasts. Click on the right half of the screen.
5 orange goblins
It's possible to kill them (of course not in every room, sometimes too much is too much). Just stand and punch, they seem to attack very rarely.
Small hands still cause the perma movement debuff for the floor
Try right-clicking while moving to dodge roll. This will throw them off. Also punching seems to damage attached hands.
megabat boss just completely broken
Seems to be working relatively ok in the latest build. Just make sure to dodge roll when the boss attacks. Sonic attacks seem to be survivable without receiving too much damage. They should be dodgable too, but I didn't manage to understand the pattern "when the bat is about to attack".

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Seems to be working relatively ok in the latest build. Just make sure to dodge roll when the boss attacks. Sonic attacks seem to be survivable without receiving too much damage. They should be dodgable too, but I didn't manage to understand the pattern "when the bat is about to attack".
Yeah, I think what had happened was it (like several other enemies) can get stuck outside the map. I was able top fight it fine later, but the balance and bugs are too shitty for me to play this again without major updates.

2.90 star(s) 7 Votes