Others RogueLove [v0.18] [Noxious Games]

2.90 star(s) 7 Votes

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
RogueLove-0.16
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

hevensdragon

Jul 8, 2018
It would definitely improve upon it, but youd run into a few issues still.
1. Would you start where you were bred, or back at the start?
2. Would you keep plot items (eg keys to unlock areas), and would you have to refight bosses you previously "killed"?
3. How do you deal with multiple generations of breeding in terms of both gameplay and visually?
4. Roguelikes generally use randomized rooms with the same bosses, how would that be explained in game?

1. The bosses are going to be the strongest enemies, so obviously youre going to want to breed with them. That means that you will still have to do runs where you intentionally lose to each enemy, then restart, then intentionally lose to the first boss, then restart, then intentionally lose to subsequent enemies, then restart, beat the boss again (with an inferior breeding bonus), then lose again, restart, etc. That is still going to be grindy unless you really move away from standard roguelike mechanics. If you start straight where you died it solves some of it, but again its less of a rogue like as the stakes dont really exist.

2. If you have to start from scratch you have grind, if you don't you have to explain what happens while youre growing up and why you still have all your stuff/why no one has replaced the bosses, also the stakes are lowered.

3. Multiple generations of monster features would be very hard to do, youd probs be stuck doing a text based game - and even then itd take some doing. Gameplay wise, do bonuses stack? Maybe you could have the bonuses get weaker each generation and limit it to three generations of bonuses. So like, you die and breed with a bull monster and it gives you +9 strength, you die again and you breed with a snake and you get +9 agility, but now you only have +6 strength, then you die again and breed with a psychic creature and get +9 wisdom, and keep +6 agi, and +3 strength and so on. That could limit it, but itd still be hard to implement.

4. If the rooms are the same then starting from the start makes little sense, but if they are different then having the same bosses makes little sense because youve been moved somewhere new while growing up.

I have DEFINITELY overthought this, but there you go lol.
easy yet dark solution for how you keep key item stuff, your character is thrown back to the starting area while pregnant, but will die from childbirth, so the kid would have access to what gear was on her still, would also kind of account for armor and weapon loss as the weapon would be dropped and the armor destroyed. But a bag of valuables could easily remain.

Jackobie

Jun 20, 2018
not really. it has potential but its certainly not gonna reach it within our lifetime.
Yeah looking at his "schedule" for his time split on things he works on I'd say he might start working on game breaking bugs, for this game, in 3 years. Its just kind of sad that it will still not be anywhere near done by that point either

Aug 9, 2019
Did you read his post? Because it's not that long and he literally talks about the bat boss in it...
I appreciate the dunk but there's gotta be something ironic about misgendering someone when their pronouns are literally right below the very short post you're talking about

I fucking love the internet

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I appreciate the dunk but there's gotta be something ironic about misgendering someone when their pronouns are literally right below the very short post you're talking about

I fucking love the internet
I read your post first at some point before the other person quoted you, and didn't reread the original post beyond what was in the quote. Since the quote doesn't include the signature, and I didn't recall that detail from some hours before, yes, I did use the wrong gender.

Honestly, it's a one off and I really can't say for sure that I'd not make the mistake again if I was directly replying to you in the future. I almost never pay attention to signatures on forum posts in the first place, so having pronouns or whatever in there is something I just normally wouldn't notice.

My apologies if it really annoys you that much.

bobbot

May 10, 2018
sorry to beg but anyone got a save? or can walk me thru edditing mine? not looking for a full one just wanna unlock the fawn charactor but the sturdy snake boss is utter trash! got it twice in a row secound time it ended the run because i was outta magic from the first one, the concept needs reworked with the games current melee system in zelda links attack has a slight diagnal to it here not so much making the fight more or less a run killer for melee charactors.

edit nvm went and got a copy... seriously that boss is bullshit.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
I read your post first at some point before the other person quoted you, and didn't reread the original post beyond what was in the quote. Since the quote doesn't include the signature, and I didn't recall that detail from some hours before, yes, I did use the wrong gender.

Honestly, it's a one off and I really can't say for sure that I'd not make the mistake again if I was directly replying to you in the future. I almost never pay attention to signatures on forum posts in the first place, so having pronouns or whatever in there is something I just normally wouldn't notice.

My apologies if it really annoys you that much.
Nah it didn't annoy me at all, I was just amused by the irony. I don't expect anything from randoms on the internet, and the reasoning is pretty solid. I'd just suggest using a more neutral singular they going forward in the future when dealing with people you don't know instead of assuming everyone is a dude. Kudos to you for apologizing though! I'll stop derailing the topic now :>

Granberia

Mar 14, 2017
This feels like a game that was built from the ground up to be turn-based with grid movement but then was roughly hammered into an action rpg at the last second. This feeling is doubled when considering how utterly bizarre and arthritis-inducing the keybinds are or the fact that the UI takes up literally half of the screen.

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
This feels like a game that was built from the ground up to be turn-based with grid movement but then was roughly hammered into an action rpg at the last second. This feeling is doubled when considering how utterly bizarre and arthritis-inducing the keybinds are or the fact that the UI takes up literally half of the screen.
Not to mention how every fucking attack until recently hits or misses based on dice rolls, and the same said for breaking out of grapples. That idea shouldn't have ever made it into a game where you have to actually run around, evade and attack shit in real time. The only way this could be worse is if this was a first person shooter with the same dice rolling mechanic. Magic can't miss now, but mana is a limited resource so good luck with that.

Mar 10, 2023
any guides for the game?

If I want to raise my magic damage, I should raise intelligence or wisdom? What does dexterity, wisdom and charisma do?

Also, what does the scrolls do? Sometimes it says something like "You feel lighter" but I didn't notice any stat change

Last edited:

bobbot

May 10, 2018
any guides for the game?

If I want to raise my magic damage, I should raise intelligence or wisdom? What does dexterity, wisdom and charisma do?
i know some of what dex does it raises ranged damage. seems theres a wiki floating around but its very incomplete.

2.90 star(s) 7 Votes