VN Ren'Py Abandoned Rise [v1.0fix] [CircleOfLife]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

d-e-vane

Feb 14, 2018
Sometimes I wish there was a more standardized definition of of what to call a game version.
There basically is, it's just that a lot of people tend not to give much of a shit anymore.

Traditionally, 1.0 is for an initial 'finished' release. That might be what this is, I don't know. That's why you almost never see these types of games reaching 1.0 (or beyond).

Anyway, in addition to the CTD for 'go to standing', there might be another bug when it comes to leveling corruption. Specifically...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing where this game goes. Decent from what I've seen, so far.

satanete

Nov 24, 2017
Quick question:

From the begining, everyday I start with 10 energy points and if I rest I get 15; sleeping resets them back to 10 and if I invade Rachel's dreams, the next day I have 10 again, so whatever you do, next morning you have 10 energy points.

I managed to get 2 skill points and invested them in "maximum energy increase +1", BUT nothing changed; every morning I still get 10 energy points (instead of 12, as suggested), and if I invade her dreams, 15, but whether I sleep or invade 'till the next day, I still have 10 energy points, so... what those skill points are for? Is there a bug or am I missing something?

EDIT:

One more question; with Rachel, Corruption level 2, Corruption XP 32 and XP to next lvl needed 25, but nothing happens... she doesn't upgrade to Corruption lvl 3...

CircleOfLife

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
I'm sorry for all the bugs, this is my first time making anything like this. I'm sorry for the version numbering issue, I didn't even put any version at all initially, so I guess this is the first ever release of what I've done so far.

For now, the maximum level you can reach is 2.

I'll put up a mac version and a fix for the bugs soon.

Riftmad

Jan 16, 2018
I'm no expert at this, but the renders seem good.

There is a CTD if you "Go To..." and then pick "Standing" when invading dreams, I'm assuming because she is standing by default, but unsure.

Also I've long passed the corruption XP threshold for the next level up, so either it's capped at 2 or I encountered another bug.

I would have called this v0.1 or maybe v0.2 at most, it definitely has more content than some initial releases I've seen, but it's not a complete game, which is what I think of when I see v1.0

I like the way it's going though.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
1. Same color for different names sucks ^^
2. maybe I miss something, but the grind is awful and tedious.
2a. or maybe the game stops progression without notice? Bc I dont get new skill points.

As much as I can see the idea is nice and the models look good....

Riftmad

Jan 16, 2018
Another bug or issue.

Upgrading max energy does not appear to increase max energy or energy gained per day as described

Riftmad

Jan 16, 2018
way too many blindfolds in the previewpics. Thats a fetish i cant appreciate ( ' -')
That's because the blindfold is ALWAYS on, until you remove it in one scene - however game is incomplete, so that doesn't stay the case.

Constant wearing of blindfold kinda makes sense in context, but I'm thinking it will only be at first when game is more complete.

satanete

Nov 24, 2017
I'm sorry for all the bugs, this is my first time making anything like this. I'm sorry for the version numbering issue, I didn't even put any version at all initially, so I guess this is the first ever release of what I've done so far.

No worries; I like the idea, the models and the concept. Just keep the good work going on and let us enjoy the game hehehe.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
'Milf' has become the new tag for 'landlady' hasn't it.

(she's your mommy but not really because reasons)

Reactions: Jack the Rapist

petedragon

May 4, 2017

Dont worry too much about the bugs, pretty sure within 3 seconds of release of any updates( and hoping there will be more) the eagle eyes will spot your bugs for you. Totally like the idea and greedily awaiting another instalment.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Oh I'm very interested in this one, renders look lovely and the overview is intriguing, time to DL and check it out! :p

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
The renders and models ware good, the storyline so far pretty interesting, hopefully the focus will remain more on the MC and not the people surrounding our target, really not interested of how much of a slut you can turn her for other people, the fact that MC is capable of love while being a demon is also a pleasant feeling.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018

Overview looks good and renders look rather lovely, would I be correct presuming that the general theme and atmosphere in the story is somewhat dark and gloomy? At least that's what the overview leads me to believe, and if it is, I'd love that, I generally just like dark, eerie, gloomy stuff, haha :p
Giving this one a go momentarily as soon as DL is finished :)

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
@CircleOfLife

is the fixed version all the game or a patch to add at the first release? It is big as the original game.

Thanks

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes