EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
RH_Promo.jpg

Overview:
Rimhaven
is an adult text-based RPG set in a cyberpunk world where the depths of human depravity can be explored through the eyes (and other parts) of a customizable protagonist, as he navigates the criminal landscape of a corrupt metropolis. Unlike most other games of this type, there is no grind or random number generation of any kind since every situation is completely unique, and is resolved by player choice based on character skills and stats.​

Thread Updated: 2019-07-02
Release Date: 2019-07-02
Developer: -
Censored: No
Version: v0.4
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
All:
- - - -

Rimhaven Start Screen.PNG screenOne.PNG screenTwo.PNG screenThree.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
I have this from a month or so ago from somewhere... I assumed here, but maybe I got it off of reddit?

It is fairly short, as expected for a 0.1; could be good if the author continues it.

Virus detected on download?
It's a single html file made from Twine. I don't see anything worrisome in it (I grabbed it from NOPY).

Reactions: Kroximer

TheFallacyGuy

Oct 16, 2017
I just don't get it. Twine is a really nice and easily customizable engine for interactive fiction. This guy apparently knows enough to make an auto-save feature and some really nice looking buttons, but would it kill him/her (or any other twine developer for that matter) to just spend five minutes on the CSS? It took me like an afternoon to learn. With a bit of effort your Twine game can look really cool and distinct. It's not hard. Why does every single Twine game look the same? I am sick of it.

Kroximer

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm the creator of Rimhaven, and firstly I would like to thank @Eoin for starting the thread.

I've published a similar v0.1 a month ago via Reddit, and since then I've worked on fixing all of the reported issues, among which was the lack of a manual saving system which is now in place alongside the autosave feature. The biggest issue, however, was the lack of feedback/exposure, and I hope that this large community will be able to help me in that regard.

I'm hoping that the game will gain some traction since I've invested a lot of time and effort in it, but I'm aware that things don't always go that way. If the feedback is overwhelmingly negative or if people are generally not very interested, I see no reason to continue with the project. Of course, if the opposite is true, it will give me some additional motivation to continue.

@TheFallacyGuy I've shared your opinion on Twine's CSS, and how creators don't use it enough right until I actually started making the game. White letters on a dark background scheme just works extremely well. It's readable and pleasant, much like the interface of this site which uses the same. I did deviate from the default template quite extensively, just not that much color-wise.

TheFallacyGuy

Oct 16, 2017
I can see where you're coming from. I've personally always preferred black text on white background. White background is also nicer for other types of coloured text or text effects in my opinion. I've also tried to experiment in transitions between different background colours dependant on the situation, which is a fantastic thing you can do in Twine with a smidgen of advanced knowledge, but it makes stuff so neatly dynamic.

And I am not denying the white on black looks nice, but since it's the default my first impression will always be: "Wow, that's lazy." Which is a shame, because I can tell in this case that it isn't.

I will double down on you having some excellent buttons. Those are some pleasant-looking buttons, my dude. ;)

May 7, 2017
at first the game title seemed to me as rimmhaven XD
and my twisted mind already drawn a lot of images of different types of rimmhaven can be, tho not my fetish

Falcon2000

Oct 30, 2017
Interested to see where this one goes - I don't mind text based erotica, and seems like it definitely could have a lot of promise. Typically don't like jumping in on .1's, more like a tease than any meat on the bones, but will absolutely be checking it out a few versions down once it's matured a little and see where it's going.

Clincher

Oct 20, 2017
"Text-based RPG set in a cyberpunk" - instantly sold. And it actually interesting, so far. Let's see how it goes. Go go !

klang

Aug 15, 2016
You can't actually reset because of the way the autosave works — reloading forces you back to the same passage. Which means that when you hit "Error: the passage "Penthouse One Styx" does not exist" there's no way to hit back or anything or restart. It's just a dead end.

kkai

Dec 21, 2016
@Kroximer: Usually I don't try games so early in development, but since you were really interested in input I figured I'd best step-up.

I think it's great so far! At times I felt it might be a tad too sexualized, but I decided it's just an over-the-top sexualized culture and to just enjoy it. The writing is quite good and I find the world you've created interesting. The sense of agency is quite good with interesting paths determined by choice and stats, and I had no problems with the times where the choice was ultimately an illusion. (I prefer such illusions over games that just decide to funnel you without it.)

I didn't notice more than a couple typos, but unfortunately, I only remembered one by the end: "longs-leeved" and noticed another near it "color of her hair, of if she indeed has any".

I personally very much like the default white on black appearance. Although I admit a little controlled use of color might spice it up visually. Perhaps putting dialog in a very light gray while leaving the narration white and color code a few of the meta/out-of-character bits (e.g. [CONFIDENCE]). I could be wrong about this but it looks good in my head. The Twine game Free Cities makes use of color well, although way more boldly than would be appropriate for your style of game.

I really hope you stick with this project. I've seen some unfortunate prejudice against text-only games around here, but I think they are great.

Thanks!

Kroximer

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2018
Currently no art is planned, but that may change in the future. Right now, the priority is to find out whether I should continue with the development/writing, based on the community's feedback.

Some tags are: MF, MMF, FF, MFF, Voyeurism, Masturbation, Anal, Group Sex, BDSM, Gloryhole, Body Augmentation.
Note that some of this stuff is still not in the game this early on.

pj1983

Jul 2, 2017
This is just fantastic! I'm a big fan of both cyberpunk and erotica, so this is right up my alley. After so many text games with awful writing, this is shockingly good (seriously... why do so many people think they can write a text-based game when they barely know English?). And the stat system strikes a great balance between simplicity and flexibility. I'm really looking forward to more.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote