Others Red Pill [v0.170] [Vortex Cannon Ent.]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Alleyway

Nov 27, 2018
Holy shit, I figured there would be some backlash to registering, but wow, that's a bit obnoxious. It's just about every third comment in this thread. I think he gets it, guys, a lot of people on a piracy site don't want to register to play a game. Your point's been made. A lot. Congrats to the Dev on keeping positive regardless and responding as often as he does.

• Haha
Reactions: scarfer and rateezy

Brontanius

Sep 27, 2017
Is it worth registering for this game? not asking as a form of backlash but is the game worth the effort at the moment or should i wait till there is more content?

vortexcannon

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
Is it worth registering for this game? not asking as a form of backlash but is the game worth the effort at the moment or should i wait till there is more content?
At the moment the game is really not very big. This is just an acquaintance with the main characters and their lives. But ahead of us we are waiting for many interesting adventures. I came up with a very cool story for the game.
In any case, with the same account you can play my other games, which are quite huge)

vortexcannon

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
Red Pill / 0.16 alpha
In this build, a large location has been added – now you can visit Bank. There you will find many hidden events and pretty girls. Those who received a May subscription bonus will be able to use it at the ATM.

The Bank activates after visiting the Cafe, where our hero have some problems with a credit card. Please note that this event does not work on the very first visit to the cafe. You better come back there the next gaming day.

The save system has been updated. Now it will allow to store in more detail your actions in certain locations, girls will remember which options in the dialogue responses you previously selected. It will also allow you to return to the location and finish what you previously missed, of course, until the plot moves on. But so far, no new savepoints have been added.

Also, the graphics of some locations were updated, and more animation was added.
Changelog and links to download in first post

HolyMolly

Oct 30, 2018
I actually dont give a shit about the online registration thing howethever windows itself is actually detecting a virus and does not let me run your .exe, that might be a bigger issue.

vortexcannon

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
I actually dont give a shit about the online registration thing howethever windows itself is actually detecting a virus and does not let me run your .exe, that might be a bigger issue.
There is no viruses:

Windows most likely just warns you about the downloaded file, without a digital signature of the publisher

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Holy shit, I figured there would be some backlash to registering, but wow, that's a bit obnoxious. It's just about every third comment in this thread. I think he gets it, guys, a lot of people on a piracy site don't want to register to play a game. Your point's been made. A lot. Congrats to the Dev on keeping positive regardless and responding as often as he does.
well, doesn't hurt to make her remember in case she forgot ;).

ps: did ya know that ya gotta register for her game? =O

Reactions: FSDL

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Thank you, missed that post.
So its DRM, plus a way to prevent players from bypassing certain game mechanics?

The number of players has exceeded 300k

In computing, hardening is usually the process of securing a system by reducing its surface of vulnerability, which is larger when a system performs more functions; in principle a single-function system is more secure than a multipurpose one.

Last edited:

vortexcannon

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
Red Pill / 0.17 alpha
In the new build of the game, big changes were made to the game engine and its mechanics.

Locations now have an improved saving system. All events, meetings, dialogs and secrets are saved separately, and you can return to the location later to go through what you missed. The same applies to key plot events – there will be a mechanic in the game that will allow you to return to a certain place and try an another path in events or simply using a more leveled hero. In this case, you will not lose what has already done in the game, and go back to the continuation of your adventures.

In this regard, the system of saves was changed. The game will no longer save separate chapters or days between events in separate files, but will only store your most recent progress. In this build, save points are still placed in key events, but from the next – the game will be saved after each event, when you exit to the map. A fully open sandbox will be available after the end of the first mission of the game.

Support for animations created in Spine was added to the game. This will make the heroes of the game active, and locations more lively.

Also, many textures have been updated in this build. Heroes got new poses and facial expressions, and backgrounds became more detailed.

Lenor

Aug 3, 2019
No, what's obnoxious is registering for a bunch of useless shit. Always online bullshit needs to die in a fire.

vortexcannon

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
Red Pill / 0.18 alpha
In the last build, the system for saving data in locations was changed, and with this update all locations received support for this system. So now, locations can have dozens of events that are not related to each other, and if you missed any of them, you did not have enough game money or hero parameters, you can return there later. Moreover, the hero will also have the opportunity to replay key storyline quests to find out how events could go differently.

The save system has been changed. The game will be automatically saved between events when you exit to the city map.

Locations Bar, Car showroom and Bank received new events, some dialogs were updated. Some bugs were fixed.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
New games have a difficult enough time establishing themselves without doing unnecessary things like forcing a player to register. You clearly are losing people who would normally give it a go, and from that number a smaller number once seeing the game in action may decide to pay to help develop it. I don't really care what all the "good" reasons are, the simple fact is it is unnecessary and is losing you potential patreons.

Get rid of the registration requirements and more people will try it. Job done, go to pub.

Reactions: FSDL
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes