VN Others Completed Re;Lord 1 ~The Witch Of Hertfort And Stuffed Animals~ [Final] [Escu:de, Element]

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes
D

Deleted member 2909105

Oh no - Japanese voice active is much preferable to English. I've no doubt Escu:de could afford English voice active, but their visual novels aren't aimed at a Western audience. At the rate Re;Lord 2 conversion is going, it looks like they may have given up altogether (according to Sekai, Escu:de are busy and haven't prioritised Re;Lord 2 for upgrading)

Anime64

Apr 22, 2018
Oh no - Japanese voice active is much preferable to English. I've no doubt Escu:de could afford English voice active, but their visual novels aren't aimed at a Western audience. At the rate Re;Lord 2 conversion is going, it looks like they may have given up altogether (according to Sekai, Escu:de are busy and haven't prioritised Re;Lord 2 for upgrading)
I doubt that company can afford a dub since it's taking too long to translate the other two games and this game didn't exactly sell like hotcakes either when it got translated. It's sinilar to what happened with JAST and the LWR series. And also i doubt the whole "it's intended audience isn't the west" is the reason why they kept the original voices as many Japanese games that appealed to the home audience first got translated to multiple languages

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2909105

Translation is 100% done for Re;Lord 2 (which is done by Sekai - freelancers, most likely, which would account for some duplicate sentences in 1) - it's just the program that needs updating and that falls on Escu:de

They probably don't feel it was worth dubbing into other languages, as VN's are a niche area. I've only played two Japanese games that were done like that Akiba's Trip and Pyu Pyu and they are arcade games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anime64

Apr 22, 2018
Translation is 100% done for Re;Lord 2 (which is done by Sekai - freelancers, most likely, which would account for some duplicate sentences in 1) - it's just the program that needs updating and that falls on Escu:de

They probably don't feel it was worth dubbing into other languages, as VN's are a niche area. I've only played two Japanese games that were done like that Akiba's Trip and Pyu Pyu and they are arcade games.
But considering the company either forgot about the games or have it as a low priority, it's safe to say this game didn't serve as a breakout for the company and that's why they are in no hurry to translate it

And it's not just VNs, but also kany Japanese H games that ate niche as moat of them don't even get a proper translation outside of Machine Translations. So the company can't afford another language for a series that won't sell well.

D

Deleted member 2909105

Whether or not they were expecting Re;Lord to be breakout game for them or not is unknown, especially as JAST will be handling Revenger (and not Sekai).

Personally, I think something else has happened between the Sekai and Escu:de. Whilst they have released a fair amount, they must have had some free space in the last two years to be able to upgrade their engine. I wonder if any licence agreement also includes bits where both sides must complete their obligations within reasonable timeframes.

I must admit I was surprised that Sekai did announce the second as I didn't feel it sold well (due to the subject matter).

Anime64

Apr 22, 2018
Regardless of the reason for the fallout, it's always disappointing if one of your games fail to meet expectations as that hurts both parties.

But money is usually the problem that can happen between developer and publisher.

And the subject matter isn't bad per say. It's no Rapelay that's for sure. It's just a little sudden that's all imo.

D

Deleted member 2909105

I wouldn't say it was sudden - Wilfried discusses his plans with Ria shortly after defeating a defenceless Fine, and the proper fight with her is certainly well signposted.

Anime64

Apr 22, 2018
I mean sure there had to be sexual intercourse involved considering it's a H-game, but not to that exteme that made it sudden and it got worse as the series went on and turned him into a villain protagonist that got killed by Ria

D

Deleted member 2909105

I think Wilfried turns into an antagonist pretty early on, especially after he has discussed his plans with Ria (who is just as bad as Wilfried at times - after all, she tried to get him to kill Fine early on in the game), and is quite willing to frame the witches for all his magic use; use residents as cannon fodder, and of course all the terrorist incidents in which Erika loses her family.

What I may do is get the original version and play that either hooked or not. There hasn't been any further updated regarding it's status since I asked a few weeks ago. It's certainly not coming out this year :(

Reactions: Sole

Anime64

Apr 22, 2018
I mean it just to the point that even Ria realized he went too far and decided to wage war against everyone else later on and completed his turn.

And you are better off just doing that instead of waiting for a proper translation. It may not be perfect, but it's better than nothing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2909105

By the way,can 2 & 3 been hooked for English translation ?

Last edited by a moderator:

wamakima5004

Dec 17, 2017
I just finished the game. Somehow I am missing CG from the first picture of the 3rd row. Anyone know what it is?

D

Deleted member 3155796

If anyone has finished Re;Lord 3, could you let me know how it finishes ?

It looks like Re;Lord 2 won't be coming out after all (been 2 years now, and Sekai say that Esc:du are too "busy" to upgrade their engine).

BansheeHand

Nov 9, 2019
This game is mistakenly labeled as "not censored". It should have been "censored (mosaic)". Here is a screenshot:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now... if only I could remember from which host/link I got the game...

Last edited:

Mitaba

May 7, 2017
Does anyboby knows It there is out there some good game with cloth destruction mechanics ?

Dancho

Dec 17, 2017
Hi, if anyone knows how to extract and repack this game CG please DM me. I can decensored the genitals but don't have any idea how to extract and bring the CG file back to the game...

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Second Re;Lord game is supposed to come out today, fyi.

And apparently there will be a patch for free, so i'm guessing they mean the steam version will be out first.

• Haha
Reactions: Anime64
2.80 star(s) 4 Votes