VN - Others - Completed - Re;Lord 1 ~The Witch Of Hertfort And Stuffed Animals~ [Final] [Escu:de, Element]

1. 1.00 star(s)

BansheeHand

Story: Let me try to describe the story of this game with a Harry Potter analogy.

Lord Voldemort has dominated Europe (=Saarland, in this game.) He has put Bellatrix Lestrange (=Erika) in charge of the U.K. (=Groesen). The stupid, sadistic, magic-impaired Argus Filch (=Wilfred, the MC), and his sidekick Peeves (=Ria), set out to destroy Bellatrix, even though they have absolutely no chance of starting a pretense magical duel, let alone winning a real one. Bellatrix knows Flich's hideout. She can visit it at any time and blast the squib to smithereens.

So, how does Filch manage to rape Bellatrix repeatedly and eventually defeat her? By talking about capes with popped collars! Bellatrix finds this topic so annoying that she wants to do more than just blasting the squib into pieces, but somehow, she doesn't, because the developer has said so!

Implementation: Okay, maybe I must not confine my review to story. Very well:
    • Graphics: The narrative tells you of a city whose streets are filled with files and ranks of anthropomorphic stuffed animals. What you see on the screen is a stock picture of an empty street! (I swear I've seen it in other games.) You have to imagine the crowd!
    • Gameplay: It's Tetris without the time pressure. After ten minutes, it gets old.
    • Voice acting: Very annoying, thanks to the brain-dead story.
    • Sex scenes: Censored. If you enjoy seeing mosaic tiles, this "game" is for you.
    Final verdict: So, on the scale of one to five, how many stars does this "game" (eyeroll) deserve? It deserves 100 star-shaped barf bags and 100 kicks in the crotch!
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Sole

It's a shit tear japanese-style propaganda piece wrapped in what could've easily been a 5/5 cute little puzzle game had they just focused on the fun silly light-hearted aspect of the game instead of constantly interrupting it to push; not at all thought out, speeches regarding why facism/militarism/capes/racial supremacy/etc are the best and alternatives suck and are stupid. It's basically two stories being told at the same time, a genuinely fun and creative game story and a creatively bankrupt, idiotic and ill thought out(feels rushed and generally just dumb) story.

As a "game" it kinda succeeds, the combat is incredibly meh, but the puzzle maps you get each level are actually a lot of fun,

As an "h-game" however it fails pretty miserably, two girls(the pair of cute lovable witches) two scenes each, the first pair are okay there's a degree of humor and light heartedness to what leads up to them that they seem fine, nothing special but not actively bad, it feels like there might be a mysterious reason you just don't know about for why the girl's don't really mind being raped when they hear it'll help you gain magic, the second half are actively bad though, they're actively terrified and trying to stop you from causing a genocide in a vain self serving attempt at becoming a dictator, in this instance they they're begging you not to rape them(they've learned you don't really need to anyway), and not to abuse they're power. Trying to appease the mc through other means(blowjob,boobjob) leading up to it, the mc says ok appease me via alternative means(blowjob,boobjob), then rapes them with the intent to hurt them until they start crying/begging for him to atleast slow down, he does so. Then immediately afterwards the scene keeps getting worse for several other reasons, blackmail(obey or death ) except you secretly still intend to harm them furthur in the future.

characters: They're all kinda retarded but aside from the MC they're all lovable, the MC however is genuinely a awful person that just isn't likable once you get to know him

Pink Fairy(childhood friend): partner in crime archetype, only cares about MC and wants MC safe, but doesn't want MC taking advantage of her, slowly loses her personality in favor of simply being a sidekick.

Monkey(childhood friend): loyal super soldier, son of the your caretaker, doesn't have much of a personality beyond loyal

Horsey(caretaker): loyal super butler, keeps the protag/fairy from ruining themselves financially with their excessive spending habits

Goat(father): a perverted cushion that likes spending time with the witches, gets depressed when "rescued". fun pervert personality

Blonde Witch(Magically gifted witch): nice, lazy, playful, tries her best to prevent tragedy/violence, girly-girl personality but not shallow , actively quite caring

Brunette Witch(Psyically gifted witch): nice, diligent, earnest, Super Unlucky, tries her best to look after everyone, lovable airhead personality

MC: You play as a deranged whiney hypocrite with a god complex, that's upset he isn't a dictator, and that his race isn't actively seeking to oppress others. Honestly, he doesn't even actually care about his people at all(actively tries to get people killed for convenience sake), he just wants to use everyone. Early on, the game tries to play of his traits as harmless quirks, but the depth of his insanity just becomes more and more apparent as time goes on, he doesn't get more extreme he just stops hiding his true personality.

Note:
    I considered giving a much higher rating since the witches are great, and the gameplay is fun, but the more I thought about how genuinely awful the MC is, how whiney, malicious, and petty he is, how the story actually plays out, the more I realised honestly, I loved the early segments but I regret having playing it all the way through.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

wamakima5004

Spoiler Review

Story: It is an interesting story but very animey. However, the story give more questions than answers, which apparently is in the sequels (English Version of 2 is still uncertain at the time of the review).

Characters:
    MC: At first, he is idiot. At the end, he is an idiot with magic. You can see other characters tend to face palm or roll their eyes whenever he talks.

Personally I don't really like him. I see him as a dark, kinda lewd, and kinda smart character with over the top cap/father obsession and yet very short sighted.
    A quote from the VN's ending sums it nice for me
    "Someone like who focused only on the results, would probably never have been able to consider the consequences my actions would bring about. Which is why I was doomed to make that fatal mistake"

Ria: She is one of reason I keep playing the game. She tend to be the voice of reason.

Erika and Fine: It is hard to make them as the villain as they don't want to hurt anyone. During the playtime, they didn't really do anything bad. Just turning demons into dolls for a reason that they FORGOT.

Gameplay: Pretty interesting and unique. Not sure about the grindy of the exp, the blocks, and the battle if you play from the very start

CG: Non exsistant. There are just 4 H scenes with 2 each for both girls. The stripping in battle is interesting but that is about it

Voices: There are VA for each of the characters which is nice.

Overall: It is a VN with block puzzle elements. There is obvious sequel element which is bad if you can't play the sequel. Not a H game. Treat it as a normal Steam VN game with no 18+ patch or a ecchi anime.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

BPM222

Not often we get to play h-rpgs that aren't female protagonist and translated to english lol

First off, this is the first installment of a trilogy. All three games are completed but so far only the first game is translated (only got released a week ago).

Was actually a pretty fun game. Production value was way above average, plot was fresh and amusing enough to keep you going, art was great and the gameplay was also fresh and fun. (Though tbh its too easy even on normal, when you beat the game once and unlock hard it gets a little more interesting.)

Also contrary to the tags, the humor and the colorful art style; it actually gets pretty dark.

The only thing to keep in mind is there isn't a lot of h-scenes, they're basically just victory scenes over the big bosses. Though on that note I did find the scenes to be well done. But if you're just coming here for a quick jerk you'll probably be disappointed.

Lastly, the writing is superb, like really. Didn't expect a translated game to be written so well. It doesn't read like a game being written by a 12 year old like we normally see with patreon/translated (nukige) games. By that I mean either over simplistic language and/or incomprehensible text written by someone with very poor understanding of the language.

tl;dr probably the best r18 game I played this year so far (not that there was much competition so far anyway), highly recommended.