4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Unfortunately I can't even open the thing now. Here's the error code.
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/events/storyevents/introevents.rpy", line 4, in <module>
File "game/events/_repeats/quests.rpy", line 447, in newgameresetquests
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "events/storyevents/introevents.rpyc", line 4, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/events/storyevents/introevents.rpy", line 4, in <module>
File "game/events/_repeats/quests.rpy", line 447, in newgameresetquests
File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
IndexError: list index out of range

```
Oh, seems like a mistake from when i changed something. Just press the ignore button.

I found the issue but I'm not really in control of all the links

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Where is the new content located in this update? I have reached the message saying this is the end of Monique's content(which happened after talking with her on the phone and deciding to have a date on the beach with her next weekend but I feel like this was already in the game before). Am I doing something wrong?
Nope, this patch was just about the Monique beach date thing, and was made in half the usual time as a sort of test

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
Nope, this patch was just about the Monique beach date thing, and was made in half the usual time as a sort of test
I think the issue is the UI logic is showing end of main quest dialogue while the the side quests that are still playable

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
I think the issue is the UI logic is showing end of main quest dialogue while the the side quests that are still playable
Hmm...

Not much I can do about that unfortunately :/ I have to place it SOMEWHERE, or people are just gonna get angry that they don't know when the content is over - which in itself is pretty dumb, cause the questlog very clearly shows exactly when and if there's more content.

I haven't really been able to come up with a solution, cause it really is just fighting an uphill battle with that one.

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
Hmm...

Not much I can do about that unfortunately :/ I have to place it SOMEWHERE, or people are just gonna get angry that they don't know when the content is over - which in itself is pretty dumb, cause the questlog very clearly shows exactly when and if there's more content.

I haven't really been able to come up with a solution, cause it really is just fighting an uphill battle with that one.
Maybe it's just the wording and appearance (yellow light exclamation vs red light stop (I forget the actual screen)) you could also list the 'available' and 'in progress' side quests so the user can see there is stilll more

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
I've never seen "Kim Possible". Can I still play the game well or should you have insider knowledge to fully enjoy it?

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
I've never seen "Kim Possible". Can I still play the game well or should you have insider knowledge to fully enjoy it?
Not as far as I've been told by other people that played it without any prior knowledge.

I do have some references to stuff that happened in the show, but its all in all its own thing.

Reactions: Zent7 and fortuna95

LedgeEndDairy

May 30, 2018
Hmm...

If I'm understanding this correctly (I haven't played this update yet so I may not be understanding what's going on): you have a message that pops up that says "This is the end of Monique's questline" or something similar, and users are saying that there's side content that includes Monique so it's a little confusing?

An easy fix would just be to say "this is the end of Monique's main questline, though you may still have some side content to finish that involves her either directly or indirectly. The quest log should be accurate on what content remains for each character (let me know if not!)." Or something like that.

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
If I'm understanding this correctly (I haven't played this update yet so I may not be understanding what's going on): you have a message that pops up that says "This is the end of Monique's questline" or something similar, and users are saying that there's side content that includes Monique so it's a little confusing?

An easy fix would just be to say "this is the end of Monique's main questline, though you may still have some side content to finish that involves her either directly or indirectly. The quest log should be accurate on what content remains for each character (let me know if not!)." Or something like that.
hmm... Yeah, you're probably right.

I actually used to have that, but for some reason people still got confused. Guess removing it was kinda dumb tho

LedgeEndDairy

May 30, 2018
hmm... Yeah, you're probably right.

I actually used to have that, but for some reason people still got confused. Guess removing it was kinda dumb tho
I've just learned through my own content creation that no matter how much you prepare and try to circumvent issues, people are still gonna ignore whatever road blocks you set up anyway. Doesn't stop me from setting them up, though. I feel for you. Don't worry, you're doing a great job.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Leroy2012

jireir

May 26, 2018
Ah, that's fair enough but the beach date is not actually in the patch, right? I want to make sure I'm not missing out on something I could actually see.

Also, I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. I think Mr. Barkins really doesn't like you very much. All of a sudden he went on a really abusive tirade against you. He's just being kind of a dick.

And on a serious note I think it just bugged out. During the conversation with Shego where Senior explains to her that he wants her to commit some crime and that the moodulator won't allower her to kick a kid. (Starts with Senior: "Hello Shego." "... Shego:"Hello"." Senior:"Oh, What is wrong? Are you still cra-") Suddenly Mr. Barkins shouts in red letters, and I'm quoting here just to be 100% clear: "Leroy you dumbfuck, you put in a part that doesn't exist. Part = she Arms." And just for the record - her arms seem to be there just fine.

This message repeats throughout the conversation a few times like every other line or so.

• Haha
Reactions: kkai

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Ah, that's fair enough but the beach date is not actually in the patch, right? I want to make sure I'm not missing out on something I could actually see.

Also, I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. I think Mr. Barkins really doesn't like you very much. All of a sudden he went on a really abusive tirade against you. He's just being kind of a dick.

And on a serious note I think it just bugged out. During the conversation with Shego where Senior explains to her that he wants her to commit some crime and that the moodulator won't allower her to kick a kid. (Starts with Senior: "Hello Shego." "... Shego:"Hello"." Senior:"Oh, What is wrong? Are you still cra-") Suddenly Mr. Barkins shouts in red letters, and I'm quoting here just to be 100% clear: "Leroy you dumbfuck, you put in a part that doesn't exist. Part = she Arms." And just for the record - her arms seem to be there just fine.

This message repeats throughout the conversation a few times like every other line or so.
Urgh god, really? I thought I had gotten rid of that... I wonder if that was the one I've already fixed in 15...

It's basically just because I'm trying to call a bodypart that's not there.

jireir

May 26, 2018
Oh so those are like your internal notes that sometimes just stay in the game? I think I've seen a comment like that before during some conversation with Tara. I'm not going to lie it got a chuckle out of me.

kentastic

Aug 7, 2021
im loving this game. the art work is original, drawn for this game not cut paste from the net. the plot is also original. it plays smooth no crashes or glitches that force restart. all in all great game so far. 5 out of 5. keep up the great work guys. love this game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Leroy2012

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Oh so those are like your internal notes that sometimes just stay in the game? I think I've seen a comment like that before during some conversation with Tara. I'm not going to lie it got a chuckle out of me.
Not entirely. They are meant for me to easily see when I skip through all the text.

But somehow, it turns out that I just stragiht up deleted one of the bodyparts between testing and releasing - which makes no sense cause Im fairly sure I didn't do anything there.

Leroy2012

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
im loving this game. the art work is original, drawn for this game not cut paste from the net. the plot is also original. it plays smooth no crashes or glitches that force restart. all in all great game so far. 5 out of 5. keep up the great work guys. love this game.
Thanks a lot :D Yeah, we try our hardest, and it certainly is difficult

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes