• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Playnite Extensions (F95zone, DLsite and Fanza)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
I'm at my wits' end. Not only does this make no fucking sense at all, there is no information on the net on how to deal with this issue. The log says the assembly was loaded but then the runtime says it wasn't or it doesn't care.

Playnite is sadly using legacy software (.NET Framework 4.6.2) which is now over 6 years old and deprecated with the release of .NET Framework 4.8 as well as the .NET Core lineup. In .NET Core assembly loading was revamped however Playnite hasn't upgraded yet so we are stuck with an old runtime.

Also weird is how only you have this problem so something on your system isn't configured correctly. I guess you can do the basic things like making sure your OS is up-to-date and try to re-install the .
Got it. Yeah, if you can't reproduce it, it does seem likely it's a problem related to my OS's update status. I downloaded and installed 4.6.2 from that same link just before I installed Playnite. Thanks for trying, anyway! I'll just have to come back to this in the future when my system is in a different state, and for now I'll load DLsite metadata manually.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
You can now get all extensions through the Addon Database. I finally got around automating this so all extensions are now published as .pext files and through the database. I suggest removing the extensions and reinstalling them through the Addon list.

archoniq

Sep 14, 2017
Just wanted to say this has been an absolute game changer for me.
I like to keep things organized, but with different games having weird folder names and abbreviations i can never quite remember, keeping track of which one corresponds to what game is a chore.

I actually downloaded playnite with the intention of manually going through and doing every entry. What a surprise on my face when i saw there was an f95zone extension!

cofer

Jul 28, 2017
Since yesterday I've unable to download metadata using the extension. Tried with a few different links but they all end up showing a "Failed to download metadata: One or more errors occurred." message.

I've checked the Playnite logs and this is what it shows:

Code:
02-04 10:40:55.212|ERROR|GameEditViewModel:Failed to download metadata, 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, 721c8186-59f0-47dd-bafd-d757f22ddc95
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at F95ZoneMetadata.Scrapper.<>c.<ScrapPage>b__7_5(String text)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at F95ZoneMetadata.Scrapper.<ScrapPage>d__7.MoveNext()
Looks like I'm not even fetching anything from the site. It was working fine a few days before.

Reactions: Consumer and DrFree

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Since yesterday I've unable to download metadata using the extension. Tried with a few different links but they all end up showing a "Failed to download metadata: One or more errors occurred." message.

I've checked the Playnite logs and this is what it shows:

Code:
02-04 10:40:55.212|ERROR|GameEditViewModel:Failed to download metadata, 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, 721c8186-59f0-47dd-bafd-d757f22ddc95
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at F95ZoneMetadata.Scrapper.<>c.<ScrapPage>b__7_5(String text)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at F95ZoneMetadata.Scrapper.<ScrapPage>d__7.MoveNext()
Looks like I'm not even fetching anything from the site. It was working fine a few days before.
Probably broken after the new playnite update

Gustav_Diovana

Oct 19, 2020
This is an older version I have from back when I made some fixes to this extension. It seems to still work.

It lacks some features from the latest version, but it can get the job done for now.
Yeah, just tested it out. For new additions, it's a good gap filler, but if you need all the bells and whistles (like version or tags) then you might have to wait until/if it gets updated. I'm keeping it installed just in case that never happens.

Reactions: DrFree

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
I haven't updated the extensions in over a year, and archived the repository last month. I haven't used Playnite in a long time, and will probably never use it again. The extensions are open-source, so anyone can poke around and create a fork.

May 23, 2018
I haven't updated the extensions in over a year, and archived the repository last month. I haven't used Playnite in a long time, and will probably never use it again. The extensions are open-source, so anyone can poke around and create a fork.
What do you use instead?

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
What do you use instead?
Nothing. I'm currently running Linux, so even if I wanted to use Playnite, it won't work. I run native stuff in a locked down sandbox using and Windows stuff using .

Reactions: Sunshaded

brxn

Sep 25, 2021
I updated it a little bit. Added a description feature and fixed the error (it was probably caused by a change in the f95zone html).

Last edited:

cofer

Jul 28, 2017
I updated it a little bit. Added a description feature and fixed the error (it was probably caused by a change in the f95zone html).

Thanks for that.

Only one small issue: the version you released is set to 2.0.0, so Playnite keeps notifying there's an updated version available from the extensions repository, as the latest version erri released was 2.5.5. Changing the extension version to 2.5.5 or anything higher than that in the manifest file fixes this.

• Red Heart
Reactions: brxn

brxn

Sep 25, 2021
Thanks for that.

Only one small issue: the version you released is set to 2.0.0, so Playnite keeps notifying there's an updated version available from the extensions repository, as the latest version erri released was 2.5.5. Changing the extension version to 2.5.5 or anything higher than that in the manifest file fixes this.
Thanks, fixed. (newest github release)

Reactions: cofer

thebrakshow

Nov 22, 2017
Thanks for continuing this plugin! It seems it can only find a game if there's already a thread link saved to it's data. Is this expected behavior?

Reactions: Consumer

SpunkyAmbassador

Making games for fun
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2021

Thank You soo much for this extension!

May 23, 2018
It seems like I can't just search the names anymore with the 2.5.6 plugin and need the link, as well the plugin no longer gives the f95 logo to the games it gets metadata for.

Reactions: Consumer

Anon.1337

Jun 9, 2017

Updated one is still broken, it doesn't check for updates on already installed games upon boot up. Which is one of the most needed features on this so you can see what has updated. Also can't search by name when adding a new game manually.
Also once u search and get metadata u cant do it again clicking the button just does nothing.

Have to constatnly delete config data it is really broken. It finds nothing 90% of the time.

There is something fuky with the site and its cloud protecton. Using F95 Checker also gets your IP almost banned instantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlicetheDeviant

Anon.1337

Jun 9, 2017

OK looks like the Stric Cloud protection is gone and it works fine. But it just doesn't scan the games at Playnite boot up and notify you which have updates. Hopefully this can be fixed somehow.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote