Tool Playnite Extensions (F95zone, DLsite and Fanza)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

brxn

Sep 25, 2021
Thank you very much!
The original extension was broken, and it seems like is now removed from the in-app add-on list. I was able to find an updated fork of it on github, but that one was borked too. I was at my wits end until I found this thread, but your extension works! Thank you!
It's a bit hard to find though, so a little discoverability might be very much appreciated for the struggling people like me.
I wonder how I could solve this, dunno if I could make a new thread.

Anon.1337

Jun 9, 2017
I wonder how I could solve this, dunno if I could make a new thread.
For some reason for the Game for example Home Together it gets an additional link, that makes it think that is the game and the version is supposed to be v34 which prompts up at start up saying there is an update when in fact there isnt one. Is it possible for this to get fixed ?

The link it gets on top of the original Thread:

Monolith Bay https://f95zone.to/threads/monolith-bay-v0-34-0-team-monolith.59278/

Last edited:

brxn

Sep 25, 2021
Yes make a new thread and sumbit the extension back to Playnite so they can add the updated version.
Playnite removed the original extension because it links to a piracy site, not because it was discontinued :/
Also, I tried making a post but the admins just removed it :(

The additional links bug is fixed, at the very least!

Anon.1337

Jun 9, 2017
Playnite removed the original extension because it links to a piracy site, not because it was discontinued :/

Big nice thx for the fix. Maybe you should DM the admins, did they give the reason on why it was removed ?

Anon.1337

Jun 9, 2017

Is it possible to seperate the Name from the Version etc. when updating Metadata, for example if you want to do mass update you have to check the name to update the rest of the stuff. What happens here it replaces custom made names, maybe an option not to do that or simply separate the name update ?

Talking about this

1688856763208.png

Edit:

Sorted this issue with putting SteamStore first then F95 now it doesnt grab the name anymore.

@
brxn They updated OP and said to post here. Abandon Tag removed.

Last edited:

blulaz

Nov 23, 2017
The address has to be added manually. Also don't forget to save the changes. Cheers!
View attachment 2839590
Thanks for trying to help, but my issue is that I simply cannot install the .pext because of error prompt: "Failed to install extension. Extension is not packaged properly." It seems there's to be an issue with newer version of Playnite being unable to read older .pext files

Fortunately, after tinkering and asking around, I found the solution by simply just going to the "addon" tab in the Playnite itself, then install the DLsite plugin straight from the "browse" sub-menu.

I also learned that one of the method to scrape the link is to simply rename the game to it's "RJ" code, then the scrapper would be able to read the metadata. It's similar to your method, but at least I don't have to add a new link tab each time. It's still tedious, but it's arguably faster and it works.

Reactions: brxn

Anon.1337

Jun 9, 2017

There seems to be an issue where u cant fetch or search F95 anymore, adding the Link manually then searching seems to work.

Albatross715

Jan 29, 2021
Hello, how to work with the f95 extension? I downloaded it, logged into my account, but the search is only possible if you enter the address. Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong?
And another question about dlsite and fanza, are there any ways to make them work?

Menthyl

Feb 21, 2018
Does check for update work on this version, or do I have to check for updates manually?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote