• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Playnite Extensions (F95zone, DLsite and Fanza)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
2.4.0 is out with the setting for the default icon for F95zone and the "Series" field for DLsite.

Reactions: cofer

cofer

Jul 28, 2017
As of today I'm unable to grab any metadata from F95, either with the previous versions of the extension or with the most up-to-date 2.4.0.

I have tested for about half a dozen games with the same outcome. Checking the extensions log shows:
PHP:
14-03 17:19:24.254|WARN |F95ZoneMetadata#F95ZoneMetadata:Found no Header node for ... {insert the game url here}

14-03 17:19:25.609|ERROR|Extensions.Common#Scrapper:Unable to find Element with class "pageContent"
Additionally, if I leave the default option to download the F95 icon, I'm faced with an error 403 message in the playnite log:
PHP:
14-03 17:19:26.241|ERROR|GameEditViewModel:Failed to download https://static.f95zone.to/assets/favicon-32x32.png.
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Playnite.Common.Web.Downloader.DownloadFile(String url, String path, CancellationToken cancelToken) in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\Common\Web\Downloader.cs:line 163
   at Playnite.Common.Web.HttpDownloader.DownloadFile(String url, String path, CancellationToken cancelToken) in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\Common\Web\HttpDownloader.cs:line 72
   at Playnite.MetadataFileExtensions.GetLocalFile(MetadataFile file, CancellationToken cancelToken) in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\Metadata\MetadataFileExtensions.cs:line 42
   at Playnite.DesktopApp.ViewModels.GameEditViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass480_0.<ProcessMetadataFile>b__0(GlobalProgressActionArgs a) in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite.DesktopApp\ViewModels\GameEditViewModelMetadata.cs:line 365
   at Playnite.ViewModels.ProgressViewViewModel.<ActivateProgress>b__31_0() in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\ViewModels\ProgressViewViewModel.cs:line 122
I had it working fine until yesterday. Perhaps something changed on the site again? Or is it something on my end?

pandabweer

Modder
Oct 11, 2017
As of today I'm unable to grab any metadata from F95, either with the previous versions of the extension or with the most up-to-date 2.4.0.

I have tested for about half a dozen games with the same outcome. Checking the extensions log shows:
PHP:
14-03 17:19:24.254|WARN |F95ZoneMetadata#F95ZoneMetadata:Found no Header node for ... {insert the game url here}

14-03 17:19:25.609|ERROR|Extensions.Common#Scrapper:Unable to find Element with class "pageContent"
Additionally, if I leave the default option to download the F95 icon, I'm faced with an error 403 message in the playnite log:
PHP:
14-03 17:19:26.241|ERROR|GameEditViewModel:Failed to download https://static.f95zone.to/assets/favicon-32x32.png.
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Playnite.Common.Web.Downloader.DownloadFile(String url, String path, CancellationToken cancelToken) in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\Common\Web\Downloader.cs:line 163
   at Playnite.Common.Web.HttpDownloader.DownloadFile(String url, String path, CancellationToken cancelToken) in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\Common\Web\HttpDownloader.cs:line 72
   at Playnite.MetadataFileExtensions.GetLocalFile(MetadataFile file, CancellationToken cancelToken) in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\Metadata\MetadataFileExtensions.cs:line 42
   at Playnite.DesktopApp.ViewModels.GameEditViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass480_0.<ProcessMetadataFile>b__0(GlobalProgressActionArgs a) in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite.DesktopApp\ViewModels\GameEditViewModelMetadata.cs:line 365
   at Playnite.ViewModels.ProgressViewViewModel.<ActivateProgress>b__31_0() in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\ViewModels\ProgressViewViewModel.cs:line 122
I had it working fine until yesterday. Perhaps something changed on the site again? Or is it something on my end?
Same thing on my end, best guess is the new ddos "thing" f95 has implemented. The captchas also isn't making dev lives easier. If they would have API's they could control the rate limit but instead people need to scrape...

Checked the code and removed that part of the code and build again, all other class names are gone as well.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020

PHP:

PHP:
DDoS-Guard, which is Russian btw, sometimes breaks the scrapper. If that happens you just have to wait a bit and try again later.

Reactions: cofer

cofer

Jul 28, 2017
DDoS-Guard, which is Russian btw, sometimes breaks the scrapper. If that happens you just have to wait a bit and try again later.
Interesting, that's the first time I was faced with that. Couldn't scrap anything on the site yesterday, but today it's working again.

pandabweer

Modder
Oct 11, 2017
Used a VPN to go around, interesting enough no country worked except Ukraine, not kidding.

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
Just wondering, does the DLsite extension still work for everyone? I'm running it on the latest version of Playnite (9.17) that I installed yesterday, after downloading the latest version of the DLsite extension (2.4.0) from Github.

It loads fine in Playnite, and I am able to view its options in Add-ons -> Extension settings -> Metadata Sources-> DLsite Metadata Provider... But when I go to add game manually and type in a name (I tried an RJ link, an RJ code by itself, a Japanese name of a game, and the English word "Test") and click Download metadata, it gives me the same error every time:

Last edited:

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Just wondering, does the DLsite extension still work for everyone? I'm running it on the latest version of Playnite (9.17) that I installed yesterday, after downloading the latest version of the DLsite extension (2.4.0) from Github.

It loads fine in Playnite, and I am able to view its options in Add-ons -> Extension settings -> Metadata Sources-> DLsite Metadata Provider... But when I go to add game manually and type in a name (I tried an RJ link, an RJ code by itself, a Japanese name of a game, and the English word "Test") and click Download metadata, it gives me the same error every time:
This error tells me you are missing some files or have broken files. I suggest checking your "Extensions" folder and re-installing the DLsite extension. You need to copy every file in the archive or else you will get this error. Also make sure you don't have any previous versions of the extension installed.

Reactions: Sunshaded

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
Thanks for the responses. Hmm... Yeah, maybe it somehow can't detect that DLL file. I haven't tried to revert to 9.16, but I've tried everything else I can think of. Removing it and re-installing it, re-extracting, verifying that I'm running the latest version of the extension, removing other extensions temporarily in case they caused problems, rereading the Github instructions for this extension carefully, disabling my firewall temporarily. I wonder if it's a problem that I'm running a version of Windows 10 Pro that's years out of date.

Just for reference, I've attached some 2 screenshots that shows what my situation is like, plus a sample from my Playnite.log file (XXX = I censored a path, but I guarantee it's the same path as in the images; it also opens that folder when I click "Installation folder" within the Add-ons menu in Playnite) and the config file in my data folder (which is the only file in the data folder, by the way).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

erri120 Let me know if you have any other particular thoughts. If not, I'll just try again sometime in the future; if it works for most other people, I'm sure I'll make it work for me eventually.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Thanks for the responses. Hmm... Yeah, maybe it somehow can't detect that DLL file. I haven't tried to revert to 9.16, but I've tried everything else I can think of. Removing it and re-installing it, re-extracting, verifying that I'm running the latest version of the extension, removing other extensions temporarily in case they caused problems, rereading the Github instructions for this extension carefully, disabling my firewall temporarily. I wonder if it's a problem that I'm running a version of Windows 10 Pro that's years out of date.

Just for reference, I've attached some 2 screenshots that shows what my situation is like, plus a sample from my Playnite.log file (XXX = I censored a path, but I guarantee it's the same path as in the images; it also opens that folder when I click "Installation folder" within the Add-ons menu in Playnite) and the config file in my data folder (which is the only file in the data folder, by the way).

erri120 Let me know if you have any other particular thoughts. If not, I'll just try again sometime in the future; if it works for most other people, I'm sure I'll make it work for me eventually.
I've published a new version 2.5.0. Instead of relying on Playnite and the .NET Framework to load the required Assemblies for us, I've added some validation mechanism to load missing Assemblies from disk if they exist. This should solve your issue.

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
I've published a new version 2.5.0. Instead of relying on Playnite and the .NET Framework to load the required Assemblies for us, I've added some validation mechanism to load missing Assemblies from disk if they exist. This should solve your issue.
Thanks for going to the effort of doing that. Strangely enough, I've just updated to 2.5.0 (ran a diff and confirmed that 2 pdb and 2 dll files are different, otherwise the same 22 files), I somehow still end up with the exact same error in the exact same situation I described earlier. :unsure: Only odd thing I just confirmed is that when I re-checked the Add-ons menu, I found that clicking on Data folder doesn't open the data folder.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Thanks for going to the effort of doing that. Strangely enough, I've just updated to 2.5.0 (ran a diff and confirmed that 2 pdb and 2 dll files are different, otherwise the same 22 files), I somehow still end up with the exact same error in the exact same situation I described earlier. :unsure: Only odd thing I just confirmed is that when I re-checked the Add-ons menu, I found that clicking on Data folder doesn't open the data folder.
So you still have the same error? Can you upload the log files (playnite.log and extensions.log)?

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
So you still have the same error? Can you upload the log files (playnite.log and extensions.log)?
Yeah, it's the exact same error that I screenshotted above. Thanks, I'll PM you the logs right now (and include my extensions and extensionsdata folders for reference, in case it helps). I deleted the old logs and then started up and generated the error and closed Playnite, then repeated that a second time, to generate cleaner logs.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Yeah, it's the exact same error that I screenshotted above. Thanks, I'll PM you the logs right now (and include my extensions and extensionsdata folders for reference, in case it helps). I deleted the old logs and then started up and generated the error and closed Playnite, then repeated that a second time, to generate cleaner logs.
I've released 2.5.1 which has more logging and updated dependencies. Try that version. Also I noticed that you did not update the F95ZoneMetadata Plugin to 2.5.0. This can potentially lead to version mismatches and I highly recommend that you update every extension if possible.

I am planing on adding my extensions to the Playnite Addon Database but I have yet to figure out how to best integrate it into my release pipeline.

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
I've released 2.5.1 which has more logging and updated dependencies. Try that version. Also I noticed that you did not update the F95ZoneMetadata Plugin to 2.5.0. This can potentially lead to version mismatches and I highly recommend that you update every extension if possible.

I am planing on adding my extensions to the Playnite Addon Database but I have yet to figure out how to best integrate it into my release pipeline.
Got it, I just removed and updated both extensions. I encountered an error in the same place as last time, but it's a different error. I'll PM you my logs again, too, though I have a feeling that this error is clear enough in indicating what the problem is connected to.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Got it, I just removed and updated both extensions. I encountered an error in the same place as last time, but it's a different error. I'll PM you my logs again, too, though I have a feeling that this error is clear enough in indicating what the problem is connected to.
Apparently 0.16.1 is not greater than or equal to 0.16.0. It was a really stupid peer-dependency issue and is fixed in 2.5.2.

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
erri120 Sadly, I just tried it and it still doesn't work for me! Now I'm back to getting the exact same original Method not found error. I confirmed in the Add-ons menus that I'm running 2.5.2 (you're also testing it with the latest Playnite version, 9.17, right?). PM'ing you my logs again right now.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
erri120 Sadly, I just tried it and it still doesn't work for me! Now I'm back to getting the exact same original Method not found error. I confirmed in the Add-ons menus that I'm running 2.5.2 (you're also testing it with the latest Playnite version, 9.17, right?). PM'ing you my logs again right now.
I'm at my wits' end. Not only does this make no fucking sense at all, there is no information on the net on how to deal with this issue. The log says the assembly was loaded but then the runtime says it wasn't or it doesn't care.

Playnite is sadly using legacy software (.NET Framework 4.6.2) which is now over 6 years old and deprecated with the release of .NET Framework 4.8 as well as the .NET Core lineup. In .NET Core assembly loading was revamped however Playnite hasn't upgraded yet so we are stuck with an old runtime.

Also weird is how only you have this problem so something on your system isn't configured correctly. I guess you can do the basic things like making sure your OS is up-to-date and try to re-install the .

Reactions: Sunshaded
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote