4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

AssGrim

Jan 31, 2018
I keep trying to save but somehow it doesn't let me.Did you guys experienced the same problem as well?

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
The saving works now but i can't get the maid uniform in the mansion.
Not sure if you applied hotfix #2, but I will assume you didn't:
If you open game folder, there will be a folder named: "Game.app"
If you look inside hotfix for mac, there is a folder named: "Game.app"
Just move 'Game.app' from hotfix to game folder and overwrite that.
It solves maid uniform issue, just restard the game. In case it still doesn't work, try loading game from autosave.

AssGrim

Jan 31, 2018
If I drag and drop the game.app in hotfix folder, the game.app in the game folder is overwritten.But then it does not let me open the game at all.

AssGrim

Jan 31, 2018
In case i'm doing some kind of mistake , can you reupload the game for mac with the hotfix already applied?

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
In case i'm doing some kind of mistake , can you reupload the game for mac with the hotfix already applied?
I do have mac installed on VM, at some point will have to do some testing. Anyway, I will upload it later.
But I think I do see where issue comes from. Mac being too user-friendly.
Ok, instead of moving whole thing, like in your images, try opening "Game" as a folder (no clue if possible), do the same in the hotfix. After that copy files over (then it will be folder "contents")
Why? Because that "Game" is a folder, but due to extra .app at the end of name, Mac is treating it as a whole, so when you move hotfix, it overwrites whole game (you can confirm that by checking size of "game", if it's not 400MB+ but way smaller, then it's exactly as I said. I always could be wrong, as I do not deal with macs on daily basis.
Other thing that could be needed is this:

Use terminal and "chmod +x ":
Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs
Game.app/Contents/Frameworks/nwjs\ Helper
Source:

As I said, Mac version was never tested, so I will either have to test it to see how to support people with macs, or remove mac version completely.

I got the maid clothes, but when I walk in the bottom right room the game freezes and won't let me do anything
That means you have hotfix #1 not hotfix #2 as I fixed it in second.
Refer to my signature to get hotfix #2 from my blog.

slapsy

Aug 12, 2017
I got the maid clothes, but when I walk in the bottom right room the game freezes and won't let me do anything
Adding to what Yoshiiki said - it looks like you cannot use the autosave game that is automatically added when walking into the room prior to applying patch 2. I had to lead an earlier savegame and walk in when the hotfix was already applied.

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Adding to what Yoshiiki said - it looks like you cannot use the autosave game that is automatically added when walking into the room prior to applying patch 2. I had to lead an earlier savegame and walk in when the hotfix was already applied.
Yes, it's because how saving works:
When game is saved during event, it saves code for whole event. Because of that, when patch is applied, game still uses older code and after event is done, old code is lost.
At the same time, save doesn't remember positions of elements on map, so changing those helps to make NPCs unstuck.
And sometimes it does save map elements, it's weird.

I realized it quite late after adding autosave, so I am keeping this in mind now. Whenever there is a cutscene or event that is taking control over player, I will be making sure autosave is not done during that OR it's made right before event is finished. This is going to prevent issues mentioned above. There is also quicksave (refer to changelog, there was button for it somewhere) that can be set to custom button, just like message backlog.
I did it like you said and it worked, thank you.
Glad it works, I will have to keep that in mind when creating updates/hotfixes for mac version.

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
I want to be a patron. but I do not have a card, is there any way I can pay you for bank slip?
Honestly, no clue, I only know that patreon takes paypal/cards. And while paypal should handle bank transfers, no clue how much they cover.

Though, one thing that I think should be mentioned so people are aware about paypal:
I generally don't recommend paypal for non-US citizens when paying for something that is in US dollars as PP exchange rates are simply terrible. Considering how much they take, it's often better to make currency bank account for one you need, though it varies from place to place.

Back on topic, if a bank slip is what I think it is, then it may be a huge pain to even do, since it's more of a US thing.
Unless I completely mixed it with something else.

On the different note, I still do plan on asking some people to help with debugging, so that's an option to help in a way without waiting 2 weeks for public release or rather, having it even earlier. Though, as I am quite busy with drawing new content, I didn't had time to figure out how I should do it so it's a smooth ride, both feedback and correcting wise.

Kaiser32

Jan 27, 2018
Hi! Nice job you've done with the game, congrats. I'm a noob and was wondering about that debug thing, what's it about?

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes