Overlord H + (Development Thread)

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Please forgive me if I ask a stupid question (I just don't understand the whole thing ಥ_ಥ), but will there be 2d in the "Visual Novel in the Sandbox"? I realized that in the 1st sentence it will be so, but that in the second there will be only 3d?
Both will be 3D as I will be using Koikatsu, but in the first option, the map and overworld sprites would be pixel art like a classic JRPG.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
3D is very costly in terms of size. My current project would be a few gbs lighter if it didn't have real time 3D Dungeons.
i'm not hearing an outright no. :sneaky::KEK: tbh my potato might only be able to run something like that if it got trimmed and optimized in cpu, gpu, and memory munching anyways.
but on the upside i think it'd add to the replayability due to higher immersion value. *shrug*
well it's a food for thought idea anyways.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
i'm not hearing an outright no. :sneaky::KEK: tbh my potato might only be able to run something like that if it got trimmed and optimized in cpu, gpu, and memory munching anyways.
but on the upside i think it'd add to the replayability due to higher immersion value. *shrug*
well it's a food for thought idea anyways.
It is not an outright no because it is actually something I've thought about. It was actually part of the sequel's plan (Having Nazarick as a hub), might just reconsider reverting back to the original idea of splitting into multiple games so it gives me the possibility to try out new things.

Anyway for the remaster, it is something I wouldn't do because adding that level of 3D would cut the playerbase.
At that point a 2D Topdown of Nazarick would be better as everyone would be able to access this... Who knows, maybe I'll do both, but at that point it might be too much x) As much as I love Overlord, I do not want to be spamming games about it, especially if the story will be too similar.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
It is not an outright no because it is actually something I've thought about. It was actually part of the sequel's plan (Having Nazarick as a hub), might just reconsider reverting back to the original idea of splitting into multiple games so it gives me the possibility to try out new things.

Anyway for the remaster, it is something I wouldn't do because adding that level of 3D would cut the playerbase.
At that point a 2D Topdown of Nazarick would be better as everyone would be able to access this... Who knows, maybe I'll do both, but at that point it might be too much x) As much as I love Overlord, I do not want to be spamming games about it, especially if the story will be too similar.
hmm, what about the idea of a colab project with another dev? i could imagine a colab game advertised on both your and the other dev's main pages could beef up the player base a little. could also be an idea for the other dev to be into the more morally dark stuff overlord has you could possibly balance out your overly vanilla tastes. :LOL:

sadly i have no idea how to solve game size issues other than kowning compression is a thing. nor do i have any good suggestions for optimization for patato PCs. :cry: so you might be right about 2D top down being 'better' per say.

i'm guessing 2d top down is in lead on the poll since you mention it?

TF13##

Jul 13, 2023
I would to see H-scenes with Aura added and also add Renner to the harem. I know she is obsessed with having Climb be her "dog", but that's just her psychosis. It wouldn't really be NTR since she has no real interest in being his wife. I know how you feel about NTR from some of the comments, I feel the same about it lol.

Also maybe a scene to formally bring Enri into Nazerick as a full member and adopt her sister Nemu as one of the kids. I bet she would get along really well with all of Ainz's weird kids. Espesially considering how much she lover her tour of Nazerick. With Enri's devotion to Ainz and her whopping goblin army she would make an excellent guardian.

Also glad hear you are going more of the harem route this time, I feel like the Overlord universe fits it almost too well. Still 100%ing the first game, I look forward to this one too!

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Also glad hear you are going more of the harem route this time, I feel like the Overlord universe fits it almost too well. Still 100%ing the first game, I look forward to this one too!
I am not a huge fan of Harem actually, I prefer romance and single routes, but in universes like Overlord or DxD, Harem is basically common sense and even lore friendly (Even more so in DxD, as it is canon x)).

Still, in the first game I decided to add single routes as well for those who do not enjoy harem or only care for some heroines, but that was before I started writing and planning for Overlord H II, which really requires all children to exist otherwise it'd be pretty short (Also needed a common start, since save importing from a 25h long game would be brutal).

add Renner to the harem. I know she is obsessed with having Climb be her "dog", but that's just her psychosis. It wouldn't really be NTR since she has no real interest in being his wife. I know how you feel about NTR from some of the comments, I feel the same about it lol.
I see it more like a classic (yet very hardcore) yandere character, pretty cute (I like Yandere).
She definitely loves Climb, although it is not a romantic love, but a very twisted one (Fitting of the series after all). A monster without being a monster (well, at least at the beginning).
That's why she would never care for Ainz, and I do not see Ainz caring for her either.

I do plan to make a side game about Climb and Renner at some point, but so far I've only thrown together a few ideas and didn't get anywhere with this yet.

bring Enri into Nazerick as a full member and adopt her sister Nemu as one of the kids. I bet she would get along really well with all of Ainz's weird kids. Espesially considering how much she lover her tour of Nazerick. With Enri's devotion to Ainz and her whopping goblin army she would make an excellent guardian.

Enri is needed in Carne Village, Ainz already thought about shoving them all in a secure location and call it a day, but he realized that would do more harm than good, hence why Lupusregina guards them instead.
Aside from a few, most of Ainz's kids would absolutely detest Nemu or simply do not care for her.

As for Enri x Nfirea, this is another side game I am planning, but this will happen much sooner as the document is almost completed. Didn't really make a thread for it since it'll be smaller scale, and a good part of the resources I'll be using there will be put in this project as well (such as Character Sprites), so kind of counts like a slightly related update.

TF13##

Jul 13, 2023
That's why she would never care for Ainz, and I do not see Ainz caring for her either.
I think your right that Renner would never care for Ainz, but she wouldn't hesitate to offer him her body, or anything else he wanted (other than Climb obviously) as long doing so suited her endgame. I doubt she would enjoy it though, probably consider it "just another task".

Ainz on the other hand might care for Renner if he felt like she had become a genuine part of Nazarick, or if she charmed him in some way. He does tend to be subject to his own whims from time to time.

Enri is needed in Carne Village
Enri is indeed needed in Carne village, but I still think a scene where Ainz holds a ceremony to induct her into Nazarick's army officially might be cool to see, even if she is posted in Carne most of the time. Maybe not in as a coveted position as guardian though. It would probably shock the guardians, as she would be only the second human to earn such an honor. In the anime they are making it seem like she is becoming physically stronger and tougher more like a goblin queen than human, and that was before she summoned the whole army at the end. I don't think she would work as a harem option though since she and Nfirea are very much in love. Ainz would be more father figure for her than anything.

I am not a huge fan of Harem actually, I prefer romance and single routes
Love harems best myself, but I can see the appeal of the single routes, pick best girl and go all in. DxD is definite harem though, can you imagine DxD if he picked ONLY one? Lots of very frustrated girls there.

Final quick question, will Aura be getting more scenes in this version? Aura is best girl in the anime for me, she loves Ainz and despite her playful nature is actually pretty clever in how she goes about things. She even managed to help Ainz without him really noticing during the Shalltear fight.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Final quick question, will Aura be getting more scenes in this version? Aura is best girl in the anime for me, she loves Ainz and despite her playful nature is actually pretty clever in how she goes about things. She even managed to help Ainz without him really noticing during the Shalltear fight.
A lot of unnecessary content will be cut in this remaster, in order to give space to the main cast (which is the whole reason I expect people to play a parody game), so all the main heroines will be getting more scenes, including Aura.

I think your right that Renner would never care for Ainz, but she wouldn't hesitate to offer him her body, or anything else he wanted (other than Climb obviously) as long doing so suited her endgame. I doubt she would enjoy it though, probably consider it "just another task".

Ainz on the other hand might care for Renner if he felt like she had become a genuine part of Nazarick, or if she charmed him in some way. He does tend to be subject to his own whims from time to time.
Well, Renner already offered her Kingdom and her services to the Great Tomb of Nazarick in exchange for all she has gotten, there's no reason for her to offer such an important thing as well.
As for Ainz, even if he somehow cared for her, he's not some kind of Rance that fucks anything with a hole, he's actually pretty much uninterested in sex.

In the game he acts on it, so there's a feeble interest even in his undeath, but despite the remaster having no limit of 3 a day since it was a big complaint, story-wise that limit will still exist.
That makes it quite a big deal, and in a harem with all heroines from Nazarick, I can't even imagine he'd waste that just to go back on his agreement.

TF13##

Jul 13, 2023
Well, Renner already offered her Kingdom and her services to the Great Tomb of Nazarick in exchange for all she has gotten, there's no reason for her to offer such an important thing as well.
As for Ainz, even if he somehow cared for her, he's not some kind of Rance that fucks anything with a hole, he's actually pretty much uninterested in sex.

In the game he acts on it, so there's a feeble interest even in his undeath, but despite the remaster having no limit of 3 a day since it was a big complaint, story-wise that limit will still exist.
That makes it quite a big deal, and in a harem with all heroines from Nazarick, I can't even imagine he'd waste that just to go back on his agreement.
Ya I have to hand it too you, I think your right here.

People complained a lot about the 3 ring? I mean it reset every day, didn't feel that restrictive. Mind you I am not in the later game yet with more choices per day.

he's not some kind of Rance that fucks anything with a hole
Omg does that bring back some memories! The Rance games turned out to be surprisingly fun games even without the over the top H-scenes lol. The only H-game I played that was more fun with or without the H was Kamidori Alchemy Meister. I must have put 100 hours or more into that little gem.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
hmm, i actually donno what to think about TF13##'s request regarding the Carne village trio. my first take is to agree, mainly because Nfirea proves himself to be an asset and how canonically Nfirea somehow gets close enough to ainz to rant about his sex life being 'overbearing' to him. but on the other hand, honorary membership would mean very little to them or to naz. also pretty sure ainz has explicitly stated that they are to be rescued if the actually look like they're about to be killed. so they'd effectively immigrate to nazz as 'refugees' per say is my understanding. that said, the idea of proactively immigrating to nazz would defeat some of the value being 'unguided' progress in an external environment separate from nazz's own R&D efforts.

on this topic i would think however that Neia being given membership and having her commute from nazz would be a good idea though. but i think winter was already receptive to this idea. though part of me has to wonder how much of nazz's dark side she'd be privy to. i assume if she lived in nazz the truth would come out eventually. part of me wants to think fallowing along with her cult teachings she'd start to blindly believe in ainz regardless of if the truth came out. but the other part.... well she idolized him for heroic reasons, so if that illusion got shattered.... and how her father was killed in the invasion too if i remember correctly... could be a choice of tragedy plot or keep her at arms distance as a 'local mistress'. then again assuming neia learned about it after renner's recruitment maybe renner (like the sociopath she is) would take it upon herself to patch up the spiraling neia in efforts to earn some spare brownie points for leverage reasons.

lastly TF13## has inspired me to think up some alternate ways for renner to join ainz's harem.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018

there is a really big IF way for Renner to offer... or two that i can think of.

one would if Albedo or Demiurge get slightly annoyed - that although it was renners plan, they are aware that in her mind Nazarick was working for her rather than the other way around.

as for number two. Ainz points out that Renner offered the kingdom but she didnt really risk/sacrifice anything at all. sure she killed her dad, orphans, kingdom. but Renner didnt care about any of that so all she did was gain not lose. and what was the risk if she was found out? the shadow demon could've sent word to bail her out.

but yeah in that scenario it would mostly be Nazarick being petty. and in order to forgive her arrogance she would actually have to sacrifice something she might care about. in this case her first time and as a result maybe even first child. memory alter for climb later on or even make him believe it's his until the kid is born and then raised by someone else. (doubt Renner would want to.)

of course i know its not gonna happen but it would've been nice:LOL:

Baki-san18

May 19, 2022
suggestion:
add a gallery in Momonga's room where family pictures will hang with a certain girl with whom we had a child, and at the end you can even add a family photo with all the girls and children. I think it will be very nice ヽ( 'ω' )ノ
and if suddenly my proposal is approved, then please do not forget to add PA to the family photos (after all, he is also Momonga's son (◍•ᴗ•◍))

Baki-san18

May 19, 2022
Winterfire I have 3 questions for you:
1) what will Overlord h+ look like with the new graphics? Can you give an example of other games with 3d graphics
2) How much stronger does Momonga become with the help of the ring at the end of Overlord h? will he be able to defeat the same Kagyu from the anime "Naruto" with the newly acquired power?
3) what will be the relationship between Pandora's actor and Aurora? After all, if my memory does not change, she does not like the "stupid" and those who are "below the rank", will she consider him her older brother?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
1) what will Overlord h+ look like with the new graphics? Can you give an example of other games with 3d graphics
It will be a simple Visual Novel in eastern style, so separate backgrounds and sprites on top of it.
The special images (both SFW and NSFW) will be CGs.
In short, very similar to Overlord H but the backgrounds will no longer be in top-down perspective.

As for how they'll look in terms of quality, I recently made a public post detailing my workflow in creating backgrounds (hence why late response):

whereas in my other development thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/high-school-dxd-parody-game-development-thread.154218/page-2 you can see an example of my most recent sprite.

So, hopefully, the graphic quality should be vastly superior to Overlord H.

2) How much stronger does Momonga become with the help of the ring at the end of Overlord h? will he be able to defeat the same Kagyu from the anime "Naruto" with the newly acquired power?
This ring: ?

He becomes a Deity at the end of the game, and they work the same way as D&D:
And yes, the "Overlord" in the video is the one who speaks to Momonga when he wears the ring :D I had this idea because Ouroboros' ring says it will put you in contact with the game company, so a higher power, which in this case would have been the Overlord of the world, which can turn you into a Deity with the proper portfolio (Death, in Momonga's case).

This is why followers are important (hence the deal with Evileye), you are also the only God which should be lore friendly last time I read Overlord.

So yeah, pretty damn powerful. Enough to undo Jerveneil's curse (or w/e she was called) and even control Yggdrasil's power so that it can't go wild anymore and teleport other players or do some other disaster every hundred years or so.
The only downside to all this power is that Momonga can no longer enter the world, which is why PDL helped him.
This last part is the most not lore friendly part, but it made sense to me since I've changed a lot of the plot from Volume 13, mostly to make sense out of PDL wanting to help Momonga and banishing him off the world.

The only way to enter the world for Momonga at that point is through Avatars, which is something that he learns later on and PDL obviously didnt know, which would be the start of Overlord H II which I have hinted at during the Brita scene at the end of the game.
However, his avatar will be around level 70, which is drastically weaker than even Momonga before he became a deity. I do not remember how I came up with the level 70 thingie, but that ought to make some things more interesting I feel.

3) what will be the relationship between Pandora's actor and Aurora? After all, if my memory does not change, she does not like the "stupid" and those who are "below the rank", will she consider him her older brother?
Aurora pretty much hates everyone equally.
If there was a big red button which would destroy everything but Albedo and Momonga, she'd press it without second thought.
She will have some development when it comes to her personality in Overlord H II, but she's by far the most evil of Ainz's children, but luckily not the most powerful.

Baki-san18

May 19, 2022
God, of course I knew she wasn't the kindest, but that much? To be honest, I'm a little surprised, but does she also hate the same Kotsyt who taught her?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
God, of course I knew she wasn't the kindest, but that much? To be honest, I'm a little surprised, but does she also hate the same Kotsyt who taught her?
Of course I meant it as she (those that deserve it) hate everyone equally. It would be a very weird trait to hate literally everyone :p.
In most cases there's simple disinterest or neutrality. However, if Cocytus suddenly betrayed Ainz, she would hate him for sure. If Ainz ordered her to kill him, she would do it without second thought (even if she didn't hate him).
Last but not least, she is quite obsessed and wants all Momonga's attention on herself, that's why she would do that.

She is pretty much the classic sheltered, good girl in front of her parents, completely selfish/narcisistic with some yandere traits thrown in for good measure. In some ways, she's very similar to a mix of Renner and Albedo.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Of course I meant it as she (those that deserve it) hate everyone equally. It would be a very weird trait to hate literally everyone :p.
In most cases there's simple disinterest or neutrality. However, if Cocytus suddenly betrayed Ainz, she would hate him for sure. If Ainz ordered her to kill him, she would do it without second thought (even if she didn't hate him).
Last but not least, she is quite obsessed and wants all Momonga's attention on herself, that's why she would do that.

She is pretty much the classic sheltered, good girl in front of her parents, completely selfish/narcisistic with some yandere traits thrown in for good measure. In some ways, she's very similar to a mix of Renner and Albedo.
a part of me would like to see how she is with nigredo before her "betrayal" since we already saw how she was after.

but even then it's only a slight interest:whistle:

Baki-san18

May 19, 2022
It's even a bit of a pity that there will be no incest, I would very much like to see how Aurora and Albedo would share Momonga:LOL:

w.iT

Feb 4, 2018
Hi winterfire, do you still refer to LN visual for character creation or is some were created by yourself?