Overlord H + (Development Thread)

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Hi winterfire, do you still refer to LN visual for character creation or is some were created by yourself?
I'll try to cut custom characters to a minimum so that I can focus all the development time on the original cast.

Lug30976

Aug 25, 2022
I would like Arche's sisters to enter the harem, during the last interaction with them they seemed to want to be inseminated by Ainz. And will there be any interaction with Imina? that I ended the whole game in prison without doing anything

Reactions: jacket2010

Lug30976

Aug 25, 2022
I see no reason to remove Neimel's route, Scama and Lillynette appear long after Neimel. Also Neimel was interesting when she accepted you when you transformed into a human, then she even seems to have accepted you and that they had conversations after that with which she was satisfied, I thought he was going to continue something with her but it didn't happen until almost the end when he appeared again alone to go to the other continent to look for the swords with Ninya, who I think is quite pretty by the way. In summary, instead of replacing, its route should be extended.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Will this project be worked on now or after Legacy of Hestia is finished?
It took me 2 years to start a project previously voted on. I'll be releasing two Overlord side games (smaller ones) before I begin this project, but it'll be reusing some assets (such as character sprites) so technically I'll also be working on this. I made this thread ahead of time to write a GDD so everything will be ready once I begin.

Reactions: Alternation62

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Two Words .. Cuckqueen Albedo. Honestly one of the most believable ways to start a harem is to have them start with a cuckqueen. And have her push the protagonist into taking more girls. Totally get how harems can feel artificial and selfish. But having the 'main girl' push the idea really softens that aspect. Somehow the initial dilemma of overlord H is annoying with Albedo going yandere mode on anyone you choose but her. Totally get how she's primarily pissed she's not the FIRST wife. But the initial restrictions feel like an unnecessary hangover from when the game wasn't supposed to be a harem. Sure let players refuse Albedo if they want to. But I think having her actively push the harem would be both hot, Not as artificial feeling and make more sense. And seeing her attitude to shalltears interest in the main series I actually don't even think it's THAT unbelievable.

also for the LOVE of all that's holy give Ains a male form that doesn't look like an anorexic high schooler who's had long dong surgery XD

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Two Words .. Cuckqueen Albedo. Honestly one of the most believable ways to start a harem is to have them start with a cuckqueen. And have her push the protagonist into taking more girls. Totally get how harems can feel artificial and selfish. But having the 'main girl' push the idea really softens that aspect. Somehow the initial dilemma of overlord H is annoying with Albedo going yandere mode on anyone you choose but her. Totally get how she's primarily pissed she's not the FIRST wife. But the initial restrictions feel like an unnecessary hangover from when the game wasn't supposed to be a harem. Sure let players refuse Albedo if they want to. But I think having her actively push the harem would be both hot, Not as artificial feeling and make more sense. And seeing her attitude to shalltears interest in the main series I actually don't even think it's THAT unbelievable.

also for the LOVE of all that's holy give Ains a male form that doesn't look like an anorexic high schooler who's had long dong surgery XD
It's kind of lore friendly since she does agree someone like Ainz should have multiple wives, her main argument is which is more worthy to be the first.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
It's kind of lore friendly since she does agree someone like Ainz should have multiple wives, her main argument is which is more worthy to be the first.
personally i'd think shalcahir is better for the cuck queen role. sure albedo agrees intellectually with ainz having many concubines or even wives. but emotionally... i can't see it well. canon wise i think the only reason she'd push another woman on ainz is if it's the only way she can see to get him herself.

also i selfishly state that yandere albedo is too good to give up. :KEK: :p

Last edited:

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Well you CAN have both Cuckqueen if she's the first wife and have her go Yandere if she's not. Choice is good hehe.

Oh and a couple of technical suggestions I forgot ..

Firstly it would be nice to have a navigation menu that you don't have to scroll for nazerick. It's just a minor niggle. But Idon't think the pictures for each area needed to be as big as they are. This will allow you to check areas and see new events with less messing around.

Secondly it would be nice to know WHICH mirror event we unlock when we unlock it. I'm sure a lot of people like to view mirror events when they are unlocked. But if you've played the game before many of them will be previously viewed. This creates a situation where you're not actually sure which event you just unlocked. This could also be easily remedied if you are prompted if you want to view that specific event when it unlocks.

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Oh yeah, fair enough. Yes, in my newer projects, cheats have their own menu. This one will be no different.
They will never be a reward though, all my cheats are only available on Patreon/Subscribestar.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
i think gender swaping mare would be a good idea
i think if mare did intentionally change his gender it'd open a whole new can of worms with the other male guardians... if you mean mare being fem from get go. maybe winter would consider it since he's not into femboys, but for plot and lore related reasons he prob won't go for it. especially since mare becomes king of the elf kingdom in the original version of the game. it'd feel a little odd for that to be the same (because both of the twins would presumably be married to ainz at that point) and raise the question of why not aura in that case. so many things would need to be reworked.

slight topic change, how close/far do you think you are to starting the remaster atm winter?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
slight topic change, how close/far do you think you are to starting the remaster atm winter?
Still writing the GDD, I even entertained the idea of simply doing a sequel instead of a remaster since people who already played this game (+ watched anime/LN) already know how it goes, and they're ultimately interested in having a harem and using it, which would be accessible right from the start in the sequel, with a new original story starting from the Troll Kingdom.

Still considering all the possibilities, but for context my current project (Vox Gremory) was voted all the way back in 2021:
I need everything to be set in stone before I do anything to avoid delays/abandoned games/other fucksup.

It also depends on how the LN progresses, I still haven't read the latest number yet.
For now, I have my hands full with Vox Gremory and also working on the last release of Legacy of Hestia.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I think I could do something nice like allowing the customizing of the beginning to fit player's preference, but that's also uncertain since every change done to the source material is done with a reason, such as Re-Estize, which allows Princess Renner not to be in Nazarick since she's not part of the harem, but still play an important role "lore-wise".

So far, the only thing I am certain about is that I'd like the game to have more gameplay elements since that's the direction I've been pursuing with my last two projects, but before dropping that into a bigger game, I'll probably test the waters and gain feedback by doing that on a smaller scale project.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
I think I could do something nice like allowing the customizing of the beginning to fit player's preference, but that's also uncertain since every change done to the source material is done with a reason, such as Re-Estize, which allows Princess Renner not to be in Nazarick since she's not part of the harem, but still play an important role "lore-wise".

So far, the only thing I am certain about is that I'd like the game to have more gameplay elements since that's the direction I've been pursuing with my last two projects, but before dropping that into a bigger game, I'll probably test the waters and gain feedback by doing that on a smaller scale project.
:unsure: game play elements eh? maybe RPG like mechanics added to when ainz is fooling around as an adventurer? dating sims mechanics applied to non-naz characters? similar but different dating sims mechanics applied to nazz characters that operate off something like a loyalty loss system (maybe with it being all/mostly in ainz's head and why he opts the fake it till you make it method)? another idea could be the nazz loyalty loss system bleeding into ainz's sanity and stress. possibly with the idea of X event with albedo, keno/evileye, or whatever 'main wife' the player has chosen could break the loyalty/sanity system. or just replace it with whatever more realisitc stats instead of ainz's overthinking. (yes this would make ainz more like juvnic. but in some ways it could really fit early-mid game if we're talking only the remake.)

speaking of renner
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.