VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
All these encouragements are so rewarding, thank you so much, all of you! I'm back at it, with more motivation than ever.
For those who would like to choose a character's face and haven't yet cast a vote, you can go on my , only one vote separates the first and second place! Poll is open to everyone.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Oh you should definitely keep your motivation. I'm way too experienced to not see a game that will grow over time. Tremendous potential. Only serious issue is that you should be prepared to deal with Patreon as DMD and BB were already banned for incest. Some backup plan should be prepared.
As for face I went with 1. 6 Is cool as well but 1 looks much more lively.

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Oh you should definitely keep your motivation. I'm way too experienced to not see a game that will grow over time. Tremendous potential. Only serious issue is that you should be prepared to deal with Patreon as DMD and BB were already banned for incest. Some backup plan should be prepared.
As for face I went with 1. 6 Is cool as well but 1 looks much more lively.

Unlike the 2 games you mentioned this isn't an incest game unless you choose it to be

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Unlike the 2 games you mentioned this isn't an incest game unless you choose it to be
Yes I know. But for Patreon you can't have that choice. For me it's the best when they're related (story makes sense) even tho I wouldn't go at all for D but I guess it's a matter of time for all devs now to rethink their content. I wish OF the best

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Yes I know. But for Patreon you can't have that choice. For me it's the best when they're related (story makes sense) even tho I wouldn't go at all for D but I guess it's a matter of time for all devs now to rethink their content. I wish OF the best
If Patreon do go after him all he would have to do would be get rid of the choices at the beginning of the game

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
If Patreon do go after him all he would have to do would be get rid of the choices at the beginning of the game
Yeah, it might be not so hard for him. We will see
Hi guys!
From the start, I wanted the incest to be optional because some people obviously don't like it, and my story allowed it.
When Patreon started to change their policy about 'extreme fetishes', I knew it was an absolute necessity.
As awt67 said it, when things start to become a little too heated between the two main characters, I will have to change one thing, 5 minutes of work, and I'm good to go. After that, a tiny patch, or a quick command in the console will solve the issue.
Doing it that way prevents me from parsing all the text written until that point and alter things, sometimes to the extend that the game doesn't make sense anymore, just to be in compliance with the TOS.

Thanks for your concern, peace!

Cedsense.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Great to hear that. I'm a bit worried about patches for now but it's nothing serious in your case I guess. Great to see that you're not basing on a 1 theme

Aiden

Oct 1, 2016
Hi guys!
From the start, I wanted the incest to be optional because some people obviously don't like it, and my story allowed it.
When Patreon started to change their policy about 'extreme fetishes', I knew it was an absolute necessity.
As awt67 said it, when things start to become a little too heated between the two main characters, I will have to change one thing, 5 minutes of work, and I'm good to go. After that, a tiny patch, or a quick command in the console will solve the issue.
Doing it that way prevents me from parsing all the text written until that point and alter things, sometimes to the extend that the game doesn't make sense anymore, just to be in compliance with the TOS.

Thanks for your concern, peace!

Cedsense.
So incest is still in the game ? or it went from optional to zero ? id play the game either way but you know :test:

BannedAccount6543

Sep 15, 2016
Great intro, nice script and renders. It is so well done that it actually doesn’t need the ‘incest’ to excite and titillate. Only GGGB other than this gets that recommendation from me. Played seduction on my first play through and will try the dominant part later. Too early to pledge IMO and already Patreoning 5 devs at the moment but since I rotate every 3 months this game is definitely in the next 5. Good work Dev and keep it up.

GrandJury

Oct 26, 2017
So incest is still in the game ? or it went from optional to zero ? id play the game either way but you know :test:
With this: ''After that, a tiny patch, or a quick command in the console will solve the issue.
Doing it that way prevents me from parsing all the text written until that point and alter things, sometimes to the extend that the game doesn't make sense anymore, just to be in compliance with the TOS.''
I think he meant there will be a patch on lewd patcher, or there will be a console command to restore incest like in sisterly lust. That's what I understood. That way he will be safe and in compliance with the patreon TOS.

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
I wasn't clear enough, my bad. I'm just saying that, because of Patreon's new TOS, you can't have incest, rape, bestiality (among other things), either on pictures, in text, or in game anymore.
All the games that touched upon those things were asked to modify their content to comply with these new rules. Most game chose to delete said problematic content, amend it (the daughter became a friend of the family or things like that), or put their project on hold until they found a good way of dealing with this new situation.
Sometimes, changing the game to comply to those rules led to contractions or worst (when your game's name is Dating my daughter, it can be a hassle lol). But to circumvent this, and to get back to what their game was originally about, developers started to give patches, or codes, on the side, to restore the banned fetish.
In my case, there won't be a lot a change to make, just delete the screen where you make the choice at the start, offer this version as the new official game, but I'm sure a patch or a code will find its way to the player, one way or another, to have the screen appear again ;). This way everybody is happy, Patreon can say they don't have those horrifying taboos on their site, and players can play the games they want to.

TL DR: Incest will be in the game, it will just take a second to reactivate each month for the new user, or, I think, it will be transparent when loading a previous save, because the variables will already be set to show everything.

With this: ''After that, a tiny patch, or a quick command in the console will solve the issue.
Doing it that way prevents me from parsing all the text written until that point and alter things, sometimes to the extend that the game doesn't make sense anymore, just to be in compliance with the TOS.''
I think he meant there will be a patch on lewd patcher, or there will be a console command to restore incest like in sisterly lust. That's what I understood. That way he will be safe and in compliance with the patreon TOS.
Short and to the point. +1.

Aiden

Oct 1, 2016
I wasn't clear enough, my bad. I'm just saying that, because of Patreon's new TOS, you can't have incest, rape, bestiality (among other things), either on pictures, in text, or in game anymore.
All the games that touched upon those things were asked to modify their content to comply with these new rules. Most game chose to delete said problematic content, amend it (the daughter became a friend of the family or things like that), or put their project on hold until they found a good way of dealing with this new situation.
Sometimes, changing the game to comply to those rules led to contractions or worst (when your game's name is Dating my daughter, it can be a hassle lol). But to circumvent this, and to get back to what their game was originally about, developers started to give patches, or codes, on the side, to restore the banned fetish.
In my case, there won't be a lot a change to make, just delete the screen where you make the choice at the start, offer this version as the new official game, but I'm sure a patch or a code will find its way to the player, one way or another, to have the screen appear again ;). This way everybody is happy, Patreon can say they don't have those horrifying taboos on their site, and players can play the games they want to.

TL DR: Incest will be in the game, it will just take a second to reactivate each month for the new user, or, I think, it will be transparent when loading a previous save, because the variables will already be set to show everything.

Short and to the point. +1.
Alright , well glad to know that thanks :)

~|~

Sep 18, 2017
From the Patreon-Page
Next update release date: February, 29
Does it mean there is no update for the next 2 years? If that's the case, I will pass this game.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
i like this game its like you playing mass effect with paragon renegade choices (Be Friendly) (Be Cold) ;) good luck Dev.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Nice start!!
Looking forward to see how this story develops.
Claire is smoking HOT!!! :heartcoveredeyes:

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
The will close shortly, you have till tomorrow morning to vote. Part 2 will start soon after. I want to thank all that participated in.

Reactions: Ignazzio

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
That's early version and it's growing steadily at this point. No point in being worried about it.

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes