VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes

215303j

CedSense, I'm sorry to inform you that that didn't work for Mr. Dots ''Dating my daughter''. His project got kicked out by Patreon.
The difference between this game and DMD is, that this game still makes perfect sense if the girl is not the MC's daughter.

Even if they met randomly during the park scene it would have made sense, although in that case, the MC might be less likely to take an interest. Nowadays I don't visit the big city so much anymore, but in the past I have talked (and I mean for more than 15 minutes) with a few young homeless people and/or prostitutes and although I was not in a position to offer much physical help, I probably would have if I was as well off as the MC. Most of them had stories similar to D in the game, although D managed to stay pure (so far), while most that I met weren't so lucky.

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
The difference between this game and DMD is, that this game still makes perfect sense if the girl is not the MC's daughter.

Even if they met randomly during the park scene it would have made sense, although in that case, the MC might be less likely to take an interest. Nowadays I don't visit the big city so much anymore, but in the past I have talked (and I mean for more than 15 minutes) with a few young homeless people and/or prostitutes and although I was not in a position to offer much physical help, I probably would have if I was as well off as the MC. Most of them had stories similar to D in the game, although D managed to stay pure (so far), while most that I met weren't so lucky.
Hi,
I hope so, to be honest I haven't play DMD for a while (wary that I could be influenced). From what I gathered this week-end, Patreon asked MrDots to completely remove the game from the platform but I thought the developer made arrangements to comply to the new rules, with a censored version. Meaning Patreon would be going after a game that hasn't any banned content anymore, just because it started as one. Or maybe I misunderstood.
I guess we'll see.

Cedsense.

GrandJury

Oct 26, 2017
Hi,
I hope so, to be honest I haven't play DMD for a while (wary that I could be influenced). From what I gathered this week-end, Patreon asked MrDots to completely remove the game from the platform but I thought the developer made arrangements to comply to the new rules, with a censored version. Meaning Patreon would be going after a game that hasn't any banned content anymore, just because it started as one. Or maybe I misunderstood.
I guess we'll see.

Cedsense.
The problem is MrDots answered people's questions how to restore incest with a patch on his patreon page, also in his walkthrough he didn't change daughter to something else(friend, exchange student or something like that) that was a stupid move from his side taking into account he was under review not too long ago :frown:

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Downloaded this awhile ago and finally played today. I was extremely impressed! I'm hooked on the story already. Seems kinda cliched at first, but then it just gets you in the feels. Anyone looking for a game where a hard-ass alpha male can either stay cold or be a softie, or either depending on the situation, should definitely give this a try. Unfortunately, I'm also worried about the game's future given Patreon's crackdown. Sigh... But as someone posted recently, this game will still absolutely work if the ex asks the MC to find her daughter as a dying wish, and the MC agrees either out of reluctant moral duty or out of lust when he sees who the "target" is. @CedSense You can make this work!

Reactions: UncleVT

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Hi there!
Thanks for the kind words. I try not to think about this Patreon's crisis too much. There's not a lot of things I can do for now, and, to be honest, I feel kinda confident about my game's ability to comply to the 'new' rules.

Stay tuned, the best friend's final rework will be revealed tomorrow. I'm proud of the result (if I can say so myself), my patrons and myself are a great team!
Cheers!

Reactions: Arcane666

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
how much content?
If you like a good story thin this game has a great start, if you are looking to fap you may want to hold off for about 3-6 months.

There is a very early sex scene in the game though.

Reactions: Aiden

MrT37

Nov 26, 2017
Yep, a true frankengirl built by polls... it looks like a little girl's too small head grafted onto a woman's body. The only thing missing is the row of stitches along the different skin tones on the neck.
Agreed, head too small/shoulders too wide...kinda man-ish tbh.

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Agreed, head too small/shoulders too wide...kinda man-ish tbh.
After reading this comment, I went back looking at the picture and I admit the head seemed a little bit too small.
So, what I did is google 'adult female proportions' in a tab, google image 'fit girl' (because yes, she is 'man-ish' because she is fitter than the average dude ^^), pose the model in a similar fashion and compare the pictures.

Verdict:
the head was too small, the legs were a bit too long compared to the torso, the shoulders are fine (considering she is wider than than the average girl due to her athleticism).

Conclusion:
I went back to correct those proportions (added 3.8% to a slider for the head), she is now at least 95% in compliance with the average human.

Thanks for the positive criticism, unlike some others :D
And to be clear, I admit I messed up the head / body ratio, but that has nothing to do with doing polls, as I could have easily done the same mistake if I shaped her all by myself from scratch.

Of course people can dislike her, to each his own taste, I don't mind. You can't please everybody. Having models you don't find everywhere else is always a risk. Fortunately there is something for everyone out there!

My main concern is me liking, enjoying what I do first, and because once I realized my mistake I couldn't ignore it anymore, so I did what I felt necessary to be please with my work again.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cedsense.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
After reading this comment, I went back looking at the picture and I admit the head seemed a little bit too small.
So, what I did is google 'adult female proportions' in a tab, google image 'fit girl' (because yes, she is 'man-ish' because she is fitter than the average dude ^^), pose the model in a similar fashion and compare the pictures.

Verdict:
the head was too small, the legs were a bit too long compared to the torso, the shoulders are fine (considering she is wider than than the average girl due to her athleticism).

Conclusion:
I went back to correct those proportions (added 3.8% to a slider for the head), she is now at least 95% in compliance with the average human.

And to be clear, I admit I messed up the head / body ratio, but that has nothing to do with doing polls, as I could have easily done the same mistake if I shaped her all by myself from scratch.

Of course people can dislike her, to each his own taste, I don't mind. You can't please everybody. Having models you don't find everywhere else is always a risk. Fortunately there is something for everyone out there!

My main concern is me liking, enjoying what I do first, and because once I realized my mistake I couldn't ignore it anymore, so I did what I felt necessary to be please with my work again.

Cedsense.
Oh wow she looks cute now.

Reactions: CedSense

MrT37

Nov 26, 2017
*snip

Verdict:

Cedsense.
No worries mate and the change is much better. I always try to remember (unless I'm criticizing utter trash) to be mindful that it takes far more effort to create, than to criticize. There's no point in being a prick about it as constructive criticism of something with potential (like this) is more likely to be considered by the creator, as proven by this exchange!

So thank-you for being open to a bit of criticism and taking it on board, looking forward to the next version :eazyHype:

Reactions: CedSense

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
What a great game, very well written, daughter looks so cute and innocent and actually behaves realistically like an innocent and yet strong willed girl.

Just hope that when it comes to sex she doesn't act like a complete moron.

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
What a great game, very well written, daughter looks so cute and innocent and actually behaves realistically like an innocent and yet strong willed girl.

Just hope that when it comes to sex she doesn't act like a complete moron.
Thanks!
What do you mean 'act like a complete moron." ? Too innocent?

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
Thanks!
What do you mean 'act like a complete moron." ? Too innocent?
It's easy to confuse innocence with unintelligence, innocence is just the lack of experience, you can write a very innocent character and still make her strong and smart. What I see most here is, when it comes to sex, the innocent character suddenly becomes brain dead and doesn't seem to know what the hell is going on, especially in corruption games where you can date your daughter.

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes