• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.30 star(s) 15 Votes

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Good luck with Tweego. Being able to use Atom will be great; I wouldn't even want to imagine trying to code with a bad text editor (I'm imagining trying to code in Window's default NotePad *shivers*). While I don't have any personal experience with the variants of Twine, I still know how fun it can be to learn a new programming language. Thankfully they're both HTML based, so it'll just be the specific implementations that change.

Also, do you have a plan for the next game already, or is it more of "I don't want to use the default Twine anymore, so I'll definitely use something else next time" sort of thing? Either way, if it's as good as Online Girl has turned out to be, that'll be something to look forward to.
I've done some experimenting with Tweego, it's the exact same codewise, so it's just having it all in separate text files and having to 'compile' the HTML when you want to test. But yeah, having a proper editor is too big a plus point to give up.

The idea I've experimented with most has been a shop based game where you inherit a shop in a rather conservative town and try to go about lowering the moral standards with the merchandise you choose to sell (to random NPCs), whilst having some more in-depth relationships with a small cast of locals. I have the basic shop mechanic implemented, and improved on the SMS implementation along with the achievement system, so that work will be usable in all my games from now on.

The more ambitious idea I have is somewhat vampire inspired game but less blood, more control. However that game requires a combat system of sorts which I have yet to work out how to implement in Twine/Tweego/Sugarcube. I have a good deal of the background story in my head for this though, created a bit of a world, which is the part I most enjoy anyways.

So plenty to keep me busy!

Reactions: johnconnor

MisterAnon04

May 30, 2018
I've done some experimenting with Tweego, it's the exact same codewise, so it's just having it all in separate text files and having to 'compile' the HTML when you want to test. But yeah, having a proper editor is too big a plus point to give up.

The idea I've experimented with most has been a shop based game where you inherit a shop in a rather conservative town and try to go about lowering the moral standards with the merchandise you choose to sell (to random NPCs), whilst having some more in-depth relationships with a small cast of locals. I have the basic shop mechanic implemented, and improved on the SMS implementation along with the achievement system, so that work will be usable in all my games from now on.

The more ambitious idea I have is somewhat vampire inspired game but less blood, more control. However that game requires a combat system of sorts which I have yet to work out how to implement in Twine/Tweego/Sugarcube. I have a good deal of the background story in my head for this though, created a bit of a world, which is the part I most enjoy anyways.

So plenty to keep me busy!
It's good to hear you have a general idea laid out. But, if you're looking for ideas on how to create a combat system in Twine, I'd recommend looking at what other people have done. While not all Twine games have one, I know that Beornwahl's Adam and Gaia does have a combat system. It's a turn based system, with a basic Health -= (Attack-Defence), but it's a start. The file you're looking for is the .zip attachment titled "Adam&Gaia[version#]Player". That has the HTML file.

Unfortunately it's the distribution version, so you'll need to do a bit of converting to make it readable (I'm assuming you know how to do that, but if you don't then I can give some tips). They used to have a link to the .tws file, but I'm not sure what happened to it. The start of the combat is done via the "Combat Init" section, which leads into "Combat Action" section where the actual action happens. It looks like it then loops the section until it receives a command to leave, by either winning, loosing or running away.

But I'm sure there are other Twine games that have a combat system, this is just the one I know of. Good luck though, looking forward to the next project (the vampire stuff has piqued my interest).

Chop21

Oct 31, 2017
Is there only 2 instances of sex in this game?? I got Stella with her boyfriend and just Riley at the end..Is that all??

Chop21

Oct 31, 2017
Indeed. It's about the build up. Sorry if you were looking for a fuck all the women game, this is not that.
No it's quite fine had no issue with it at all was just asking from a make sure I got all out of the game itself..Thanks for the reply and great game

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
No it's quite fine had no issue with it at all was just asking from a make sure I got all out of the game itself..Thanks for the reply and great game
No worries. It was my first game in Twine, and so I kept the scope as small as I could so I had a chance of actually finishing it at some point ;)

Reactions: Chop21

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
So now that HF3 seems to have fixed the progression errors time to move on with the game!

Thus Online Girl 1.0a20 is here:

Change Log:
2019-03-22
Added 'footsex' endscene.
Added missing line break to girl story part 8.
Tidied up code for the photo session VisMe chat to avoid issues spotted by MisterAnon04 on F95
Added achievement for reaching the end game.
Removed code to display message about having reached end of content as game now has an end point.

Enjoy and as always let me know of any errors y'll find. :)

Rude.

cc jerricho13 When you have time, an OP update would once again be appreciated. :)

Nov 30, 2017
If anyone want to know what the inside of my brain looks like about now, it's rather like this....

View attachment 267546
Thanks a bunch for such a wonderful game! Was finally able to finish it last night. It was nice getting to play it again after a while. After some minor bugfixing is this the end for this game?
Since I have not seen these effects/this ending: what are the lust overload/memory loss effects on the ending?

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Thanks a bunch for such a wonderful game! Was finally able to finish it last night. It was nice getting to play it again after a while. After some minor bugfixing is this the end for this game?
Since I have not seen these effects/this ending: what are the lust overload/memory loss effects on the ending?
Glad you enjoyed it! I have one more ending scene to do and then the game is in the beta/polishing stage :)

The two scenes to mention kick in if the player has used the mind effecting flowers at any point in the game. Right now it's a true/false thing but I might make it more granular. Just a bit of flavour to tune the ending to the payers game. Or at least that's the idea.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
So now that HF3 seems to have fixed the progression errors time to move on with the game!

Thus Online Girl 1.0a20 is here:

Change Log:
2019-03-22
Added 'footsex' endscene.
Added missing line break to girl story part 8.
Tidied up code for the photo session VisMe chat to avoid issues spotted by MisterAnon04 on F95
Added achievement for reaching the end game.
Removed code to display message about having reached end of content as game now has an end point.

Enjoy and as always let me know of any errors y'll find. :)

Rude.

cc jerricho13 When you have time, an OP update would once again be appreciated. :)
@Eoin @jerricho13 Can the OP be updated please? :)

3.30 star(s) 15 Votes