• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.30 star(s) 15 Votes

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
Jesus, 700+ openness, 500+ horniness, and no progress. Either this game is a giant goddamn grind or something's bugged

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
@RudeboyUK

Hotfix fixed bugs, though didn't get an ending...
Question, is it possible (in the game) to be able to see the achievement scenes again?

Overall Good game, fun play through, the grind at start is a little annoying, but not nearly as bad as other games I've played.
Thank you for making it.
Sorry no, the achievement scenes are not replayable. Once I am at Beta I might look into a way to see if that is possible. :)

Bertthc

Mar 7, 2018
I liked it. Its still a bit too random/grindy though (esp the office part feels needlessly long since there is very very little variation). I do like the phone interactions and the Riley online part. Will definately keep my eyes on it! Thanks!

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
I liked it. Its still a bit too random/grindy though (esp the office part feels needlessly long since there is very very little variation). I do like the phone interactions and the Riley online part. Will definitely keep my eyes on it! Thanks!
The phone iterations were really the focus for me. I love that setup in games so wanted to see how organic I could make that feel. The Office sections were always the 'side quests' of the game. Perhaps I'll look to sprucing them up a bit once we hit beta. There were/are planned iterations outside of the office for the girls around town although I'm not sure if I will get to that idea now.

Chop21

Oct 31, 2017
OK, Hotfix Three incoming... seems to work when I test it locally now.
where do I install the hotfix..sorry for sounding dumb but I'm not sure to be honest..when I open it it gives the game but I lose the pictures and just get the text..

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
where do I install the hotfix..sorry for sounding dumb but I'm not sure to be honest..when I open it it gives the game but I lose the pictures and just get the text..
Drop the html file over the original from the full download. Only the code needed updating so the same images will work fine.

Reactions: Chop21
Nov 23, 2017
Worked perfectly after this hotfix. It's been quite a wait, but was definitely worth it. Thank you for making such a fun game. Looking forward to the other endings.

Reactions: RudeboyUK

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
@jerricho13 Could you do me the honours and update the OP to link to the updated game please?

Link:

Change Log:
2019-03-20 - a19.3 Hotfix 3
Trigger for endgame changed to correct trigger of girl story being '12'

2019-03-18 - a19.2 Hotfix 2
Changed trigger for endgame to girl story being "10.5"

2019-03-18 - a19.1 Hotfix 1
Bedroom refererd to 'firl' rather than 'girl' breaking the new email notification.
"audio" tags have changed since I implemented them. Adjusted to new requirements.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

MisterAnon04

May 30, 2018
Hey @RudeboyUK, loving the game so far, but I've got a visual bug to report. At large window sizes, some of the text associated with large images doesn't display properly. It is very situational, so you don't really need to fix it, but I just thought I'd point it out.

When I resize the browser window to something smaller, the text goes back onto it's own line. I think it has to do with the width of the "computer-screen" tag only being 90% of the full chat box. When the window is large enough, that remaining 10% can fit words in it (in the case I found, the word the).

I've also added a screenshot so you can see what I mean.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Hey @RudeboyUK, loving the game so far, but I've got a visual bug to report. At large window sizes, some of the text associated with large images doesn't display properly. It is very situational, so you don't really need to fix it, but I just thought I'd point it out.

When I resize the browser window to something smaller, the text goes back onto it's own line. I think it has to do with the width of the "computer-screen" tag only being 90% of the full chat box. When the window is large enough, that remaining 10% can fit words in it (in the case I found, the word the).

I've also added a screenshot so you can see what I mean.
Huh, interesting. I did have some issues with the way I originally implemented the computer screens (which shows as there is a white bar at the bottom of the display), perhaps I never corrected the issue in the 'picture session' I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up, with 4K displays around best to cater for them, though I have only 1080, and 1200 myself :)

MisterAnon04

May 30, 2018
Huh, interesting. I did have some issues with the way I originally implemented the computer screens, perhaps I never corrected the issue in the 'picture session' I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up, with 4K displays around best to cater for them, though I have only 1080, and 1200 myself :)
Thanks for the consideration, though my monitor was only 1920 (but you are right that the issue would be more pronounced on a 4K monitor).

Also, while continuing on I found two more things. The first one is that in one of Riley's scenes (specifically, inside the "GirlStory" tag at "Story Part 8") there's a <br> tag missing after one of Riley's lines, resulting in Riley's and the Player's lines being merged. the specific line where the break is missing is: "You always did believe in me more than I did in myself. What would I do without you $player.name?".

Also added a screenshot of this one so you can see it in action (though I doubt you need to).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The other is that there's a spelling mistake in the ending. Not the biggest issue, but I still thought I should mention it. On the plane flight scene you've misspelt "time" as "tiem". The whole line is "You do you best to sleep, trying everything to make the tiem pass faster, but you never really drift off. " Not going to add a screenshot for this one though, as it's not really a visual mistake.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Thanks for the consideration, though my monitor was only 1920 (but you are right that the issue would be more pronounced on a 4K monitor).

Also, while continuing on I found another bug. In one of Riley's scenes (specifically, inside the "GirlStory" tag at "Story Part 8" there's a <br> tag missing after one of Riley's lines. Specifically, "You always did believe in me more than I did in myself. What would I do without you $player.name?".

Also added a screenshot of this one so you can see it in action (though I doubt you need to).
Nice catch. I'll add it to the log. I'll be moving to using Tweego from Pure Twine next game so I can create my coding in Atom, which should help a lot with picking up on these semantic errors. :)

Reactions: johnconnor

MisterAnon04

May 30, 2018
Nice catch. I'll add it to the log. I'll be moving to using Tweego from Pure Twine next game so I can create my coding in Atom, which should help a lot with picking up on these semantic errors. :)
Good luck with Tweego. Being able to use Atom will be great; I wouldn't even want to imagine trying to code with a bad text editor (I'm imagining trying to code in Window's default NotePad *shivers*). While I don't have any personal experience with the variants of Twine, I still know how fun it can be to learn a new programming language. Thankfully they're both HTML based, so it'll just be the specific implementations that change.

Also, do you have a plan for the next game already, or is it more of "I don't want to use the default Twine anymore, so I'll definitely use something else next time" sort of thing? Either way, if it's as good as Online Girl has turned out to be, that'll be something to look forward to.

3.30 star(s) 15 Votes