RPGM 夜陰のあやめ[ayame in the shadow] (same developers from curse errant)

mrericsan

Sep 21, 2021
The rogue error seems to be gone as far as i have test it. The text problem is still there, but i find a easy work around by pressing CTRL button to see the dialog backlog. I dont think its worth it to rework it. Thanks Shisaye.

Reactions: teraexbf

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
The text problem is still there, but i find a easy work around by pressing CTRL button to see the dialog backlog. I dont think its worth it to rework it. Thanks Shisaye.
It's not better at all? Or do you mean I just missed some of them?
I've manually removed the 4. line from all text boxes I've found in a rough pass and tried to forced it to make a new box for them instead.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Shisaye, have you tried using a Wordwrapping script? I recently found this script for VXAce games (despite having not found it when I searched for one a few months ago) and it worked a treat... in the one game I've tried so far. I mean, a script was probably your first resort, but maybe your default was interfered with by one of the game's other scripts? Ya never can tell with scripts. Or, at least, I can't tell. I really should get around to actually learning programming.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: ugh, I just learned that the forum code turns "colon p" into a smiley. Lemme just attach the txt.
Edit2: Oh, looks like I can jam the code into a 'code' box. Fitting. I'll still leave the txt up in case anyone flying by happens to want it.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Shisaye, have you tried using a Wordwrapping script? I recently found this script for VXAce games (despite having not found it when I searched for one a few months ago) and it worked a treat... in the one game I've tried so far. I mean, a script was probably your first resort, but maybe your default was interfered with by one of the game's other scripts? Ya never can tell with scripts. Or, at least, I can't tell. I really should get around to actually learning programming.

I've somewhat stayed away from automatic word wrapping stuff because of how different games are. Devs come up with the dumbest ways of accomplishing the same tasks and while the automatic stuff would probably work for most games there's always a risk.

Also in this specific case "normal" word wrapping doesn't actually fix the issue.
The dev made it so that text boxes have the standard amount of 4 lines, but then chose font and spacing so that effectively only 3 lines fit on screen. So if a dialogue has more than 3 lines it basically skips line 4 and only makes a new dialogue box for line 5.

That's not an issue in the Japanese version because of how much shorter everything is in kanji and so the dev didn't give a shit.

Oh and btw when you are posting scripts, you can use the actual script function so it doesn't make emoticons and break formatting.
Click the 3 dots and choose "insert" "code".
Like this:
JavaScript:
if (!this.cells[1]) return;
this.cells[1] = this.cells[1].replaceAll(/([一-龠]|[ぁ-ゔ]|[ァ-ヴー]|[!]|[?]|[a-zA-Z0-9]|[a-zA-Z0-9]|[々〆〤ヶ])\1\1\1\1\1+/gu, "$1$1$1$1$1");
this.cells[1] = this.cells[1].replaceAll(/([~]|[.]|[-])\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1\1+/gu, "$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1$1");

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
I feel ya. I tend to go for the simple solution first since if it works (or works well enough) then I've saved a decent chunk of time and if it doesn't work then I just revert it and have only spent 5 minutes. Because again, I'm not a very good programmer so I sometimes spend hours working on a problem only realize a ; or ) fell off at some point.

Thanks for the tip; I cleaned up my last post.

Woorikiri

Jun 14, 2017
One day I'll finish up what I was doing for this game, kinda got distracted by making personal-use mods for other games.

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
Thought you already give up on this game gonna make official request then

You can take this slowly as the combination of x-san and rogirum is actually good enough although i notice there's some bug that i have to play in jp version to pass it, granted i haven't played it far actually so there maybe a lot of bugs. Fortunately there's actually newer version with extra scene that has not been translated here

Here i reuploaded the new ver 1.12 for everyone here
Could you reupload it?

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
Sry must missed this

Here u go 1.12 and it's already patched
May I ask what do you mean by "already patched". The game isn't translated and file structure looks very different from what you normally see with typical RPGM games
There's also another .zip in this .zip that has practically the same contents

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
Here's an early prototype version of an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v1.12.

This is not a proofread format, not properly tested, and is missing translations, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

Known Issues:
Picture based text not translated. (There's quite a lot.)

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
To apply this translation you need to extract the game first. Extraction Tutorial
Then you can just extract the SLRMTL to your game folder and overwrite.

Changelog:
1.01: Fixed rogue "
1.1: Manual word wrapping.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.
Happens when I press "Skill Acquisition", is this problem present on PC?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Happens when I press "Skill Acquisition", is this problem present on PC?
I don't think so. Just tried again on a windows 10 machine and I end up in the skill acquisition screen just fine.
screen.png

There's definitely a word wrapping issue with some of the skills though. I'll work on that.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I'm completely stuck at the first purple door because I cannot unlock the required skill. I got both drawings from the spirit (the ones locked behind level 6 and 10).

I'm level 11 and playing on PC by the way. No idea if it's the translation or my stupidity.
The floating text (霊脈の壁), just says something along the lines of "magical / spiritual / sacred infused / powered / vein wall / barricade / barrier ... thing".
So that doesn't give more information.
As for the description (技 刀気解放《紫》を習得する必要があります).
It basically just says "It is necessary to learn the skill "qi / chi / energy / power release / outburst" of the "murasaki / purple" type".

Last edited:

TTsuyuki

Mar 7, 2018
The floating text (霊脈の壁), just says something along the lines of "magical / spiritual / sacred infused / powered / vein wall / barricade / barrier ... thing".
So that doesn't give more information.
As for the description (技 刀気解放《紫》を習得する必要があります).
It basically just says "It is necessary to learn the skill "qi / chi / energy / power release / outburst" of the "murasaki / purple" type".
The problem is that the second skill tree that contains this Murasaki skill doesn't appear on your translated version. I've had the same problem back when you released it, but i didn't want to wait for a fix so i just mtooled it instead. The skill tree shows up fine then, same on the untranslated version.

I'm surprised that more people didn't report it here. Either everyone did the same as me or no one actually played this game properly which would be kinda sad. Or it's just weirdo bizarre issue that only happened to us 2 and only on your version, but that would be kinda strange.