Ren'Py No Such Luck [v0.2] [CSkin Games]

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
There's another discrepancy with regard to Alice content, although this one is likely just related to flavor text in the bios:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's a much bigger one actually. One that warrants an immediate patch fix. I normally don't want to upload fixes here (tbh, I'm not uploading the game, and while I'm not going to try to stop it, I obviously don't want people pirating my content) but that's a big enough bug to warrant a patch fix, so the fix (both audio bug, and the much bigger if you turn down alice bug) is attached.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Promising first two chapters for sure, but I'm still unsure about the scope of the game. So far it seems like a lot going on with so many girls and also so many tasks for the treasure hunt. My worry is always whether it's too big of a scope that will lead to thin content. We already saw that there are girls who have much less content than others for now, and that the tasks for treasure hunt felt super quick tick tick tick done kind of thing with a lot of them completed in half a chapter. Both of these are inevitable due to the quantity.

There's a part of me that wished for less number of tasks but more depth and/or choices when doing them. For example, expand the scene when nude modelling for the art class to allow MC act more confident or reserved, and more interaction between MC and Felicity/Anna to start properly build their potential sexual tension. Something simple like Felicity offering MC to model again for the class in the future or maybe asking him to model privately for her. Anna already made a comment after looking at MC's dick, could've been pushed a bit further by adding something like maybe she'd consider the library sex for after she wins the hunt.

I really enjoy the girls' more open-minded approach of nudity with many of them seemingly having no problem with it, but I also thought that even casual nudity could be made into sexy/playful moments too. For example, Alice going topless to the store could be followed with MC stripping down into his underwear which can make Molly blush, this can then be further pushed into Alice teasing MC more which lead to him getting bulge which then make Molly blush even more. Another example is Mia doing the nude run which felt like it was a missed opportunity to start building potential relationship with her. For a character that used to be hating on MC, the nude run felt like it was treated too casually between them as if Mia being naked in front of MC is just another normal day. Would've been nice if there was more interaction between them during that.

Overall though, the game is still very enjoyable and to be fair, the faster pace of thinner content style is not necessarily a bad thing either, it's just a different approach to the game. Definitely still looking forward to see how the game goes from here on.

Reactions: Wazzatheboss

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
Renders are good and story its interesting. Hope that the game has more choices and that the choices have impact on the story and the relations with the girls, hope there is more choices to choose (instead of 2 to have 3) in the future,hope that the girls arent all slutty,hope there is more girls. The game has potential but the dev cant get lost on the story,have more choices with impact on story and relations with girls (not only about sex).

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
For a character that used to be hating on MC, the nude run felt like it was treated too casually between them as if Mia being naked in front of MC is just another normal day. Would've been nice if there was more interaction between them during that.
I'm not going to comment on anything you said except this. I've struggled with how to actually explain this in-game. The idea of Mia being naked in front of the MC sort of IS just "another normal day" - in the sense that, back in high school... it wasn't an everyday occurance, but not an uncommon one either. Yes Mia was antagonistic, but she never had a problem being nude in public.

So why doesn't the game just flat out tell you that? The answer: Steam. At some point this game will be going to steam. Doing so already means I will need to re-write the prologue a bit to exclude the sex scene in it, and any illusions/references to such. Steam has pretty strict rules when it comes to nudity, sex, and high schoolers, and I'm trying to do what I can to NOT get my game banned when I eventually go to put it on steam. So while it was something common in the 2 characters history, I've struggled with finding a way to get that across - without risking steam coming down on me eventually. My hope was that showing that scene and how "Casually" it was approached would sort of give the idea that maybe it was something they were both comfortable with - though maybe it didn't quite do it.

Ultimately it's a delicate balancing act, and one I'm still working on perfecting. Because these characters (Mia, Henry, Clara, and the MC, plus gerald!) have a history and that history dates back to their teen years and earlier, it's sometimes difficult to actually address some of it, without risking breaking any of their rules. If it was something casually mentioned in say... Chapter 6 or 7? It'd probably be less of a deal, but this early on in the game you definitely want to avoid such things, because yea. Steam is strict about some of that shit. Some games do get by with it, others don't, and I don't feel it's worth the risk. (Like I said, I'll already be re-writing parts of the prologue before the steam port, just incase).

It comes down to risk vs reward - and for me, the potential risk is a little bit too high.

Last edited:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I'm not going to comment on anything you said except this. I've struggled with how to actually explain this in-game. The idea of Mia being naked in front of the MC sort of IS just "another normal day" - in the sense that, back in high school... it wasn't an everyday occurance, but not an uncommon one either. Yes Mia was antagonistic, but she never had a problem being nude in public.

It comes down to risk vs reward - and for me, the potential risk is a little bit too high.
Thanks for the explanation, it definitely makes much more sense now that I know the background story (especially for me who is interested in Mia). I agree with you that it's too high of a risk and not worth taking.

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
how many episodes will the game have? Does the game will have a lot of choices and does the choices will matter for the game or its a linear path? How many girls the game will have?
noping123

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Made some F a n S i g s for "NO SUCH LUCK" ... hope you'll like them:

ALICE - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,97 MB /.gif

NSLsiG1.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/12/3215909_NSLsiG1.gif
____________________________________________________________________________________________

ANNA - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,95 MB / .gif

NSLsiG2.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/12/3215911_NSLsiG2.gif
____________________________________________________________________________________________

CLARA - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,88 MB / .gif

NSLsiG3.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/12/3215912_NSLsiG3.gif

JASMINE - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,9 MB / .gif

NSLsiG4.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/12/3215913_NSLsiG4.gif

MIA - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,95 MB / .gif

NSLsiG5.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/12/3215914_NSLsiG5.gif

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Whether you're unlucky or not: Make your personal signature contented with these Sigs...​
... you might even support the game & the dev in a fortunate way :coffee:!

And noping123: thanks for your nice game & good luck with the future development. All the best luck & fingers crossed!

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
So regarding Jasmine's route, does she hate it when you confront her brother?
It surprised me the kiss jasmine option wasn't avaliable for me saying the "Jasmine doesn't like you back".

Will mess around with it but yeah.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
It surprised me the kiss jasmine option wasn't avaliable for me saying the "Jasmine doesn't like you back".

I can confirm - she's not a huge fan of that.

In fact, I'm going to flat out confirm something else right now. Some things I just want people to figure out, and I don't want to be quite so obvious. Other things.... I'd rather not talk about at all. But this one I'll just be clear about:

Shana likes "bad boys". Alice likes guys with a little bit of an edge. Clara? She likes the nice guy. Molly? She likes anyone that gives her attention, although too much of an edge scares her. And Jasmine? She prefers people more in the middle - too far in either direction she isn't too happy about.

The rest of the characters I'll be a little bit more ambiguous about, but those 5, that's pretty much how it is for them.

And for further clarification, those are the 5 "Main LI's" of the game. That doesn't mean they're the only one with content or paths, but they are the main ones.

Actually, since I'm on a roll, a few more bits of clarification/FAQ stuff:

How long will the game be? - Current plan is approximately 15 (subject to change) Chapters, broken into 3 episodes.

Will each "episode" be a separate game? - Unknown at the time, depends on the size. If the game gets too large then at some point it'll be broken up, with an import save feature. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but it's not something I can predict at this time.

How long will development take? - At the moment each chapter is taking approximately 4 months to produce - though this will likely grow larger as the chapters progress. Multiple paths means more development time as they begin to branch out.

How big will each chapter be? - Unknown, as big as they need to be. CH1 and 2 were approx 1700 renders each, Ch3 will be between 2-3k (Currently in development), CH4+? No idea.

Will the game be on Steam? - Eventually. Current plan is to release each "Episode" on steam once it's completed.

Will the render quality get better? - Who the fuck knows. I honestly do the best I can, and while they've improved significantly since I've started, I am *NOT* good at that part of it. My dream is to have someone who is incredible at rendering and shit at everything else to team up with, but since that never happened, you're stuck with what you get. I try my best, but if it's not good enough I don't know what to tell you. I'll continue to try and improve, as always, but I doubt the selling point of this game will ever be the graphics.

Will "Insert girl here" have a path? - Depends. Some, yes. Others, it honestly depends on their popularity over time. There are a few that are not main LI's who have planned paths, and everyone else has a "story" - that is, their story will be told but whether or not they get a full path really depends on if they're popular enough to warrant extra development time or not. I won't say which is which - all I'll say is if you really have a favorite, be vocal about it.

I have a complaint about "Insert random thing here"/A suggestion/Something else - Sub to my patreon, and tell me there. Unless it's a major bug, I'm unlikely to pay much attention otherwise. (He wants money? How dare he!. Yea well, I gotta eat).

Will there be incest? - No. Harem? - No. NTR? - No. That should cover the big 3.

Why isn't this game more popular? - No idea. If you think it deserves more love, tell people about it! Reddit, discord, other threads on this site, whatever. If people never hear about it they'll never play it. I do as much as I can, but it always means more coming from people who played it than the person who made it.

Why isn't this game less popular? - No idea. If you hate it that much, why did you read this far?

I hate minigames, why do you waste time developing them? - Good news, I currently have created 4 minigames, and am working on a 5th. In the 9 months this game has been in development, a grand total of 5 days has been spent on them. They really take almost no time at all, AND I give you the option to completely disable them. I'll continue to create them, and they'll become more complex as the game progresses (most likely), but they'll never eat up an even remotely large amount of time to create. Personally I enjoy them, which is why I make them, but they'll never take more than a day or two of dev time tops to make - which in the scope of things is basically nothing.

Will this game eventually get abandoned? - Never. If support is entirely nonexistent, and it gets little to no traction/views, then development time may eventually slow down as I'll need to take on extra work to pay the bills. My hope is that doesn't happen, but it's a definite possibility. Either way it will be made to completion - it's just a question of how long will it take.

Do you have plans for "Insert thing here"? - The story is written. Most major paths are written. Most of the major scenes of the game are also written. The only thing really not done is the chapter by chapter dialogue, and some of the minor paths. Some stuff may get expanded on as the game progresses, or I might eventually come up with a great idea for something I want to add, but as far as the writing goes I'd say the story is 90% completed already - it's just a matter of developing it.

Ok I think that's all for now. Any further questions can be directed to my secretary (Patreon). Love the game, hate it, or didn't give a shit - it doesn't matter. I hope you all have a great new year. (Except that one guy who told me I should go jump in a fire and fucking die - that guy can fuck right off. I hope he hits ever single red light he comes across all year, and his socks are forever damp.)

Wazzatheboss

Jun 1, 2020

I think to be on her path, you have to not be too rude on her brother and NOT manifest interest in Shanna (say you don't like Shana's deco)

Reactions: Tunak23
Jun 1, 2022
This game is fantastic my only criticism would be that the graphics need some improvements it doesnt have to be Summer Gone quality level but it could definitely improve in that area.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Shana likes "bad boys". Alice likes guys with a little bit of an edge. Clara? She likes the nice guy. Molly? She likes anyone that gives her attention, although too much of an edge scares her. And Jasmine? She prefers people more in the middle - too far in either direction she isn't too happy about.

The rest of the characters I'll be a little bit more ambiguous about, but those 5, that's pretty much how it is for them.

And for further clarification, those are the 5 "Main LI's" of the game. That doesn't mean they're the only one with content or paths, but they are the main ones.
is Mia not main girl?
i like Mia better than Clara

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes