Ren'Py - No Such Luck [v0.2] [CSkin Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

This one really deserves more attention. It's a school setting which is overly used formula. It got it's own charm. Got nice renders and nice girls with unique personalities. Most of them don't easily falling for MC. Also MC is not thinking with dick either. It also got nice male characters too friendly bros. Also got nice story. Absolutely loved chapter 1. Chapter 2 mainly covers fraternity games these made me feel this one usual college setting game but it's not boring. Probably mant are afraid of the sandbox tag. Sandbox is not grindy it's actually just free roam. And there is fast travel button below. This one's mostly VN with free roam elements. There is also humor.

If you like playing college setting game with humor and nice characters you gonna enjoy this. Got nice writing too. This one's plus in my book. Hope it gets deserved attention
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Iamthegoldengod

I smell a recipe for success!

Pros:
    1. Renders are actually decent (the previews don't do justice).
    2. Girls have varied personalities and bodytypes. They aren't chucking themselves at MC.
    3. music is well chosen, it's banger!
    4. writing is decent for college themed.
    5. animations are good
    6. Sandbox elements (freeroam), mobile apps, etc. are implemented pretty well.

SUGGESTIONS:
    1. Pimp out the UI, it looks very old rn, especially the settings. I am playing on android so not sure, but i couldnt find skip unread preferences
    2. I couldn't find a gallery for lewds. There's one for renders but not for animation so adding that would be banger.
    3. Some sort of social media. there's texting but I would love more of like a Twitter stuff.

Verdict: Yes, play it! There's a very popular college AVN which I love and this one does so many elements correctly that I honestly think this will blow up too!! The dev said they already have written the entire story so I'm excited to see the next releases! (Current v.2)

(Insert Palpatine Voice) We will watch your career with great interest.....
  3. 5.00 star(s)

alexsnootwo

I am giving 5 stars to this game because I really think he needs some support.
    Probably would worth a 4 stars when compared to other stuff on the forum.

This game has a college setting so you can count me in to be hyped. Other than that, the MC has a previous experience in his life which makes his new life at college interesting. That is the part I like about the story and seeing how he evolves in this new environment after his trauma.

The musics are good actually and I really like the one on the menu.

The models are okay, the girls seem to have unique personalities and that's the thing interesting to me.

The graphics are not that great at the moment and I hope for an improvement in the next chapters. The sex scenes and animations could use an improvement too.

I'm enthusiastic about the development of the game as the developer put some effort in the coding with the features such as minigame on the phone.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

RodneyLong

In an industry where tired tropes and clichés often dominate, "No Such Luck" emerges as a breath of fresh air. This well-crafted gem offers a compelling narrative, relatable characters, and natural dialogues that engage players from start to finish.

One of "No Such Luck's" standout features is its exceptional storytelling. The game's plot is not just good; it's exceptional. It's evident that the writers poured their hearts into creating a gripping and original story that keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout. The characters are not mere avatars; they're individuals with depth and development, making you genuinely care about their fates.

The dialogue in "No Such Luck" deserves special mention. It flows seamlessly and feels utterly natural, making you forget you're playing a game. It's a testament to the writers' skill in crafting conversations that draw you deeper into the narrative.

What sets "No Such Luck" apart is its refusal to fall into the usual gaming traps. It steers clear of the tired harem situations and avoids the uncomfortable and overused themes of incest that many games unfortunately rely on. Instead, it focuses on character-driven storytelling and unique gameplay elements that keep you hooked.

In a world where many games play it safe, "No Such Luck" is a bold departure from the norm. Its well-written story, memorable characters, and avoidance of tired clichés make it a must-play for any gamer seeking a truly unique and engaging experience.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating for this Game:
    Positives:
    + Long Game Play
    + Great Story
    + Easy Playing
    + Great Characters

Negatives:
    - Nothing

Conclusion:
    I Started with fast skipping in the Game, until I saw the kissing scene and I started to think this is a Pretty interesting situation, so I started at the beginning and must say I loved it, the story, backround etc are Great and make sense and I was disappointed when I reached the end. looking for more releases of this Game.
    Damn worth the Download.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

m0us3r

+/- Renders' quality is passable. Sex scenes are short and scarce [v0.1], but that's not a problem.

+ Female models are beautiful. The story is interesting. Dialogs are a bit wordy sometimes, but in general they are OK. Mini-games are neither too hard nor boring. Free roam is appropriate.

Interesting game with attractive characters.