Ren'Py No Such Luck [v0.2] [CSkin Games]

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes

jufot

May 15, 2021
Excellent start noping123, this was a great intro chapter. Though I do worry about this prediction of yours :)
I thought to myself "You know, I bet jufot would play the first release of my new game and go 'Yea, ok, maybe. I'll have to see more' and then play the 2nd and go 'Oh fuck that, I'm out!' :D"
Anyway, some thoughts, feedback and bug reports below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anyway, the game is great so far. Looking forward to chapter 2 :)

Last edited:

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
I'm not going to be very active in this thread - my focus of my time is going to be on creating new content. I didn't expect it to make it's way here yet, but alas, here it is. So I'll give just a few very quick responses:

Cool, but as usual, (Yes, we're a bit boring with that, sorry)

Future tags?
(And please, no Netorare if possible, pls pls pls)
Not going to get into this much. No NTR, no incest, and no harem. (That's not to say you'll be restricted to one girl only, but you won't have a literal harem of women either. Some day the game will end, and when that day comes, you won't be with more than one (or two.... maybe 3? Look, it'll be a low number) girl(s).

for a first release seems good but the visuals could use a bit more time spent on them.. im not expecting Ocean/summer gone visuals but maybe some better hair and facial visuals
Fair. My games are never going to have the top tier of graphics. I can guarantee you'll see small improvements over time, but writing is what I'm good at. (cue the chuckleheads who decide to disagree), so it's where I try to focus my efforts. The visuals, I try to do as good as I can, but I'll never be great at that. If you're looking for visually stunning quality, you'll never get that with my games, but I do the best I can. If that's not enough, oh well.

Idk if I would call this game sandbox. YMMV. There are (mandatory) free roaming events, each of them having a bunch of optional stuff you can do in them, but the actual game itself is still very linear, and always will be (Albeit with branching as the story continues - like I said, it's not a harem, so the story will branch at some point in the future). While the free roam events will continue to be a part of the game, as well as some of the mechanics found in them, that is the extent of "Sandbox" elements you'll find here. So maybe you could say the game has sandbox elements, (I wouldn't but I can see the argument) - but I would definitely not call it a "sandbox" game at all.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Fair. My games are never going to have the top tier of graphics. I can guarantee you'll see small improvements over time, but writing is what I'm good at. (cue the chuckleheads who decide to disagree), so it's where I try to focus my efforts. The visuals, I try to do as good as I can, but I'll never be great at that. If you're looking for visually stunning quality, you'll never get that with my games, but I do the best I can. If that's not enough, oh well.
I'm all for story and good writing over visuals so if that trend continues the visual aspects are easy to overlook.. so long as no duckfaces or rapid ageing sickness lines on the faces like some do lol

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Very good first part, much stuff happening too.

People in there actually make sense in what they say and do. Conversations feel natural. Story, well it is still the (a bit overused) highschool setting, is good. Especially thankful for that best friend that isn't actually an idiot and/or jerk no one would bear for more than 2 minutes, but someone you actually like having around.

Music is nice and plenty of stuff you don't hear elsewhere.

Girls are various, in their looks and their behavior, so I guess there will be one for everyone later.

Renders are on the better side, they are not top notch but good enough imo. Animations are a but clunky though, especially the first sex scene.

Also the sandbox is the good or at least better version of it. Not that earn money/attributes with repetitive shit stuff.

I will keep an eye on this one, good luck dev. :)

Reactions: boobsrcool

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Bugs and possible typos I noticed. Positing in spoilers just in case, very minor spoilers.

Oops. The credit shop thing.... That's a dumb error. I redid the code for it all from scratch last minute, and made a typo somewhere. Looking through it all now, fixing that one typo fixes everything.

Regarding chuck - you can mousewheel through the list, and there's a "Close" option at the bottom. I'm going to do a dirty edit for now to make it draggable, and add a (very quick and dirty) scrollbar to it, to make it more obvious. I'll work on prettying up the scrollbar for the next release.

I also fixed the other errors you mentioned. (Yes, I fixed them already. Amazing, right?!) Except the caf thing - that's intentional. (Slang, etc).

Normally I'll only push bugfixes to my patreon, but for now I'll upload the full fix here as well. (I won't do that in future releases. Sorry guys.)

Thanks for all the reports.

Last edited:

Saphfire

Mar 19, 2022
So this is like a first version needs to be. Good amount to keep the players invested and so far i am enjoying it, except the sandbox part. If i want to play a college game with freeroam and minigames, well this topic has already been covered (i don´t need to name it i guess,i think even the Beings adored did Know )

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
So this is like a first version needs to be. Good amount to keep the players invested and so far i am enjoying it, except the sandbox part. If i want to play a college game with freeroam and minigames, well this topic has already been covered (i don´t need to name it i guess,i think even the Beings adored did Know )
Hah. My first game had minigames, this one does too, I like them, I like making them, I like playing them, it's that simple. As far as the free roam stuff goes? I did it for the same reason that game that won't be named did - it allows a looser narrative structure, that you wouldn't be able to achieve otherwise. It creates a situation where you can tell both a linear AND non-linear storyline at the same time, and overall increase the possibility of player choice. I'll never go overboard with it, and it won't be more than what you see already. I made sure to include things like the nav panel at the bottom, so it's easier for people who don't WANT to blindly navigate around - but ultimately it allows a storytelling structure that's - IMO - stronger than just a completely linear game with a few choice menus and nothing more.

Saphfire

Mar 19, 2022
Damn, was it really the best idea to eliminate the best looking girl right away?
All the other options are not half as good, hope you´ve got a plan :p

erkper

May 16, 2018
I enjoyed Chapter 1, looking forward to Ch 2. I'm even ok with killing off Marie. I will say though, that ending bit... right now I don't really care the reasons, Jasmine just dropped from near the top of my list to "won't fuck that with Henry's dick."

erkper

May 16, 2018
More like Point-and-Click IMO. Very similar system to that other college game that can not be named where there are open roam events with optional goals and minigames, but no hardcore grinding for stats or anything like that... to this point.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
NoSuchLuck-0.1Fix
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes