• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
its not the mod its the code itself since No haven was build in the rags engine over a long time from random bits of code and is at the limits what the engine does and far from its supossed function. since i dont like goblins i never dothe mission but it is just bad luck that it hit you so early in you run or maybe even good luck because you didnt lose much progress. The mod is playable the code just can bug out
Fair enough, Rags is cancer, but that doesn't really solve my problem.
I've played an earlier version of the unmodded game before and raided plenty of goblin villages without ever having any issues, so unless that particular bug was introduced in one of the latest updates it's definitely mod-related.

Of course I'd be more than happy if someone ported this to renpy or any other decent platform, but failing that I'll have to wait for the mod creator to do some bugfixing.

-zuk-

Apr 1, 2018
Fair enough, Rags is cancer, but that doesn't really solve my problem.
From post #1
If you find a bug or something just isn't working the way it probably should, report it. Preferably with as many little details as possible. The games a convoluted mess, so finding bugs with the line "Yeah, I did *biomancy/corruption/assignment* and it didn't fire as it's supposed to" is just upping the workload on figuring out whether the bug is in the base version or modded version.
From post #124
A word of warning, it could just be the base game still, but the "Raid Goblin Village" in the plains is still potentially gamebreaking.
From what I saw I think it doesn't have a flag to tell the game that it still exists. After sending four slavers, and ending the day, it doesn't state how many days are left on it, it just disappears entirely. However, it is still in the active section (Where slavers/slaves that are assigned a role are) so it could just be as easy as assigning a flag to it
Yup, had this and it ruined the game.
From post #127
The Goblin bug that's been reported.
Either I fixed it in my latest version (which would have been an accident), or I can't meet the right conditions to activate it anymore. I was able to repeat it before, but no matter what conditions I enter it with, it refuses to break right now. If it still persists for any of you, just mention it, with every little detail, and I'll dive right back into fixing it. Or, at the very least, confirm whether it's a Base game or Mod game issue.
A bug is a bug no matter the engine. Complaining about RAGS won't help.
Reading the thread and providing a bug report as accurate as possible (as per mod creator request), on the other hand...

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
A bug is a bug no matter the engine. Complaining about RAGS won't help.
Reading the thread and providing a bug report as accurate as possible (as per mod creator request), on the other hand...
I concede the point about reading the thread, though I glanced over it. There used to be a function to just search for keywords in a particular thread but I can't seem to find it anymore after the update.

As for reporting the bug accurately, that's pretty much what I did.
I described which event caused it (goblin village raid), when it happened (second assignment, could have mentioned that I had another slaver scouting but I don't see how that would be related), that my leader was involved, what was displayed (0 days remaining for assignment) and what functions of the mod I used (critical success).
I'm fairly confident that my system specs or what type of coffee I was drinking at the time won't be of much importance, so what else did you expect me to mention?

Last edited:

-zuk-

Apr 1, 2018
specifically asked for "every little detail" so while I agree that if your system specs may not be the culprit here, those are the things I would have added:
- version of the game / mod as you only say "Just gave this a try"
- what settings you started the game with (bonus, penalties and so on)
- detail of the slavers involved (race, traits, aspects)
- what other assignments (if any) were active at the time

so that the author could replicate the exact settings (or at least as close as possible) from the first attempt, especially since now the bug seems to behave differently.

I did not mean to sound harsh, but some time ago I heard a dev of another game rant for two hours about how insanely inconsistent bugs report are, so I guess considering how great Frank has been, reading a "I've not read the topic. not even the last page. this is broken. won't play until fixed" kinda triggered me.

As for the function to search for keywords, on the top of the page there is a "Search" box, click on it and you can set the parameter Everywhere -> This thread, then click on the "Search" button.

Cheers

Last edited:

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I did not mean to sound harsh, but some time ago I heard a dev of another game rant for two hours about how insanely inconsistent bugs report are, so I guess considering how great Frank has been, reading a "I've not read the topic. not even the last page. this is broken. won't play until fixed" kinda triggered me.
This isn't really the place for that discussion, but I didn't phrase it like that and maybe you could leave the getting triggered part to the dev instead of getting triggered on his behalf.

Advert

Aug 4, 2018
I can take a look at doing so; just need to figure out how.
Probably won't come with the next update, but I'm planning to add Race change to the biomancy soon, so I can probably add it then, if it's at all possible.

As to the very next update, to bring the game up to code with the latest release, it should be out tonight. Sorry about the delay. For some reason a few of the cheats stopped working altogether, including the dice controller. Little changes made by Bedlam seemed to have broken them, but I'm fairly certain I've found everything and made the appropriate fixes. At least, we'll all find out tonight when when I release and someone tells me about what's broken.
I didnt see the version number change, did this update get released? or is the one in the OP still the november 2 version?

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
I didnt see the version number change, did this update get released? or is the one in the OP still the november 2 version?

It did... I thought I'd made a post to let ya all know.
and neither that post happened or the edits to the OP happened. That's tedious. I wonder if that was a blunder with the site update?
I know I didn't post it over at the other site because I couldn't access it, but... well, whatever. If they haven't fixed my workaround yet, I can do it once I get to work, otherwise I'll (re)release the update tonight.
Sorry about this.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Should be up in like, 30minutes, providing traffic isn't a shitshow.
Sorry. I came home after work and not only outright forgot, but went straight to bed.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
It's out and up.
As always, bug reports are helpful, and details all the more so.
I'll probably release .832 in a day or two. As it seems to be a minor update, I won't have to do any testing to fix bugs.

And again, as always, apologies for the severe delay in getting it out.

D

Deleted member 621688

Hmmm, tried to test out the new version and all. And tried to do the 'Male (Slaver Promoted)' start with one of the more advanced races... and the dice doesn't show up... nor does the ability to 'cheat' when selecting Fully Customized for the traits of your character.

Added:

Same goes for the other selectable races, as well... erk... :confused:

Otherwise I'm kind of glad to be able to use the more unique races abit more than just the other kinds of selectable races. Hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Hmmm, tried to test out the new version and all. And tried to do the 'Male (Slaver Promoted)' start with one of the more advanced races... and the dice doesn't show up... nor does the ability to 'cheat' when selecting Fully Customized for the traits of your character.

Added:

Same goes for the other selectable races, as well... erk... :confused:

Otherwise I'm kind of glad to be able to use the more unique races abit more than just the other kinds of selectable races. Hehe.
1. No dice; linked the wrong version. fixing.... fixed.
2. CHEAT option missing... Yeah, I missed adding the option to one of the lists. Must not have tested the route that lead to it, sorry about that.
It will take me a moment to upload the fix for that one.
EDIT: Update is done. It's always the small, simple things that I miss. Need to start being more thorough.

Last edited:

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Keep up the good work, my day always brightens up when I see this mod updated. The game's grindy as Hell but oddly fascinating. o3ob

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

Those promoted slavers looked interesting, although I was rather disappointed that my male Fallen wasn't able to fly despite the flavor text mentioning his black wings several times. I also don't understand why we still can't choose any magic path besides Biomancy, Corrupter and Illusion when customizing a character.
Obviously those are issues with the base game and not this mod.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
cheers, is this the update that has race changing in it?
I pulled those out as there were a few things with it that wasn't working. Some things that should work just weren't, even though they all use the same flags.

It should be in there eventually, probably with the next series of bug fixes. Of which I expect there to be plenty. I never got a changelog for the new version, so I've been testing new content by ear rather than actually knowing what to look for.

Last edited:

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Just ran into a minor issue with Biomancy.

I chose Rig Biomancy -> Yes -> Victim and then targeted a slaver, the Succubus you get from the Deep Mountain betrayal quest with the Drows.

That resulted in an error message:
Rags can not process the command correctly. If you are the game author, please correct the error in this command: CT_SETVARIABLE
My only option is to click ok, which then leads to this error message:
Rags can not process the condition check correctly. If you are the game author, please correct the error in this condition: you doing it? check: CT_Variable_Comparison - Variables(0)(0) - Equals - 1
Again, no choice but to click ok. That same error message then shows up several more times before and after selecting the Biomancy option but in the end the process still succeeds and the game apparently lets me continue normally afterwards.

Rags version is 2.4.16.0 and my leader is a heavily cheated male Fallen, so it might well be a case of me overdoing it.

Last edited:

Advert

Aug 4, 2018
yeah im see alot of the same error messages pop up this time. they tend to pop whenever i ask a slaver to corrupt me, or when i try to talk a slaver into letting me corrupt them.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
yeah im see alot of the same error messages pop up this time. they tend to pop whenever i ask a slaver to corrupt me, or when i try to talk a slaver into letting me corrupt them.
I haven't corrupted anyone yet (though I picked the trait for my leader) so I'll have to see how that goes.
As long as the game lets me go through with Biomancy and Corruption despite the error messages and it doesn't break something further down the line it's only a minor nuisance anyway.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes