"no dc" watermark

andrito

Mar 2, 2020
I have to say, you guys are the best. I had a "NO DC" watermark over my wickrme program. No idea how it got there. Google searches were useless, till I checked here. I never would've thought it was my nvidia card settings. I just switched from RBG to YCBCR color space and hit apply to each, then left it on YCBR. The watermark disappeared. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how that watermark got there, or even what it meant. I was gonna do a full reinstall but fought the urge LOL. Again, thanks!

kaworu83

Jul 14, 2018
navigate to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" and deleting the file named "nvdrssel.bin"
I had the NO DC issue on third party applications like Yuzu and Ryujinx, I didn't notice it on any Ren'Py games I have played but it was definitely caused by one of them and the NVIDIA overlay going crazy.

Seraphi23

Sep 4, 2017
Is there any permanent solution to this? This "no dc" thing reappears after launching random renpy games, I'm getting tired of deleting that file.

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
It only appeared for me after first launching the latest midlife crisis build.

manuktb

Mar 31, 2021
Is there any permanent solution to this? This "no dc" thing reappears after launching random renpy games, I'm getting tired of deleting that file.
This youtube video is a permanent solution

Snottytoe69

Feb 6, 2020
No clue. I found the solution on reddit and just put it here to help people out. It hasnt popped back up for me yet but when it does or if it does, I will make sure to let you know the solution.

Bonsey

Jul 15, 2018
Go to Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3d Settings > Restore

Not sure if someone else mentioned it here yet, but this is the easiest method I found
This one worked for me, I was not only seeing this in Ren'py games but it also appeared in Photoshop. It's gone now

psyco0

Oct 4, 2017
I found a reddit thread related to this topic a while back. Best advice they had was to go into

ProgramData (hidden folder) -> NVIDIA Coporation -> Drs

and delete the file "nvdrssel.bin". I did this and it worked, buuuuuut it's only temporary

Edit: just realized people have already mentioned this

7heJudge

Apr 27, 2017
I tried the Shift+G and went from Auto to Force Angle, now all I get is a black screen. Cant even shift+g or anything to try to fix it... any ideas on what I should do next? Also all my other games are fine its just the one I did it with (My Employee Family)

Last edited:

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
I tried the Shift+G and went from Auto to Force Angle, now all I get is a black screen. Cant even shift+g or anything to try to fix it... any ideas on what I should do next? Also all my other games are fine its just the one I did it with (My Employee Family)
Only thing that comes to mind is if you delete the entire folder along with the save folder, and replace it with a fresh copy.

7heJudge

Apr 27, 2017
Only thing that comes to mind is if you delete the entire folder along with the save folder, and replace it with a fresh copy.
tried that, even made sure that the persistent save file was deleted too. still only a black screen