"no dc" watermark

Just4browsing

Jun 9, 2019
I'm having the same issue. Seems to have started after playing the Renpy game "My Teenage Years". Which also seems to be the only Penpy game I'm not getting the "NO DC" in.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah I'm getting it as well, quite frankly it's starting to piss me off. If that game is the cause I'm gonna go ape shit.

Teegra

Nov 23, 2017
Guess My Teenage Years is the problem,because i played it too.Its showing even on renpy games i own on steam and it sucks.

Jan 8, 2018
It's normally a third party addon and it's usually a launcher like Nahimic2UILauncher open your task manager and look in the processes tab, then launch Renpy and see what happens, if a launcher starts you can simply clost it down, find said launcher and delete it, it's gonna be in that game folder somewhere.

Reactions: OneWayMissile

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
It's normally a third party addon and it's usually a launcher like Nahimic2UILauncher open your task manager and look in the processes tab, then launch Renpy and see what happens, if a launcher starts you can simply clost it down, find said launcher and delete it, it's gonna be in that game folder somewhere.
I tried that already. Besides the fact that I deleted that game right after I was done playing it. And it's the ONLY one since that doesn't have the 'NODC" showing. I just redownloaded it to check.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Have you looked in your app data? Not all games are in the renpy games folder.
of course, but I didn't 'notice' anything that didn't belong. Not saying it's not there, but if it is I didn't see it.

kbron89

Oct 8, 2020
so is there any fix to this ? i started getting this after opening School Boss Harem .... and again it's the same , in that game i dont get the messege , but i get it in any other game that i start , either rockstar , steam or etc

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
I've deleted all renpy related files on my ssd. Done a fresh renpy install and it's still there. My Teenage Years is the most recent renpy game I've tried out. The NO DC watermark doesn't appear when running it. Question I have now; is there a file in the game zip that edits renpy externally?

It's extremely aggravating trying to develop renpy projects and some random watermark is now in my way.

Just4browsing

Jun 9, 2019
Both My Teenage Years and School Boss Harem are in Renpy 7.4.3 if that means anything. Both of these doesn't give me "NO DC" but all other do.

Google search indicate this happening in other applications for others. Path of Exile, Godot, Runescape for example. Someone mentioned Photoshop showing "YES DC" instead.

kbron89

Oct 8, 2020
it is as stipulated a third party , cause i tried to record and the recording software does not capture it , but it's annoying to have there ...

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
Does renpy run on anything other than python? Seeing how reports of godot is also having this issue reported. I'm wondering if a software update somewhere is now incompatible with the two and is now displaying NO DC in both.

What is strange to me. This has been posted about a few days ago and I'm just receiving the issue late yesterday. The renpy version isn't a issue either. I just updated to the latest about an hour ago and still have the same issue with no dc.