"no dc" watermark

delain

Jan 11, 2018
Is there any permanent fix?
Deleting nvdrssel.bin is not enough and just sucks because this file contains every custom 3d setting you made in Nvidia Control Panel. And I can't set it to "read only" because then 3d settings from control panel just doesn't works.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Is there any permanent fix?
Deleting nvdrssel.bin is not enough and just sucks because this file contains every custom 3d setting you made in Nvidia Control Panel. And I can't set it to "read only" because then 3d settings from control panel just doesn't works.
Believe when I say, and if you read the previous post, we'd all like to know of a way to permanently fix it.

Red Sand

Aug 6, 2016
here is a fix that work for me

navigate to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" and deleting the file named "nvdrssel.bin"

had it happened to me only a few moments ago. just installed some new games wanted to make sure stuff was working,
the first few Renpy games I was trying out didn't have this bug so I think it's one of the games that may be triggering it to happen or it's just completely random idk.
here's three games I think are responsible (maybe)
Devilicious, Who's The Father and Park After Dark. those are the ones I was trying before I realized what was happening.

p.s. I was playing a Renpy game earlier today didn't have this problem, so I think it's one of them three.

jeroentje

Apr 8, 2020
here is a fix that work for me

navigate to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" and deleting the file named "nvdrssel.bin"

had it happened to me only a few moments ago. just installed some new games wanted to make sure stuff was working,
the first few Renpy games I was trying out didn't have this bug so I think it's one of the games that may be triggering it to happen or it's just completely random idk.
here's three games I think are responsible (maybe)
Devilicious, Who's The Father and Park After Dark. those are the ones I was trying before I realized what was happening.

p.s. I was playing a Renpy game earlier today didn't have this problem, so I think it's one of them three.
This worked for me. Thanks (y)

dragon322

May 30, 2017
I did the Shift + G to change the render but now my game dont run. I try to hold shift while launching but it does nothing, All my other renpy games are good, its just that one. I deleted it and donwloaded again but it keeps crashing. Any help?

whoisthetank

Dec 25, 2020
its for the new ansel dls inteligent renderer if you dont have a RTX graphics card you might be safe to delete it if you got RTX then do nto delete just use nvidia overlay and play with the settings for it

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
This is the way I permanently "fixed" it for myself.

I went to 'C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs' and deleted the nvdrssel.bin file

Then I made a new blank text document and renamed that text document to nvdrssel.bin
(you may get a warning when renaming the file, just OK it)

Then I set the new nvdrssel.bin to read-only in the properties.

I haven't seen NO DC since.

delain

Jan 11, 2018
Found another way.
I'm got tired of messing around with vdrssel.bin so i made two bat files. One set the file to read only and other remove it.
Here is command for them:
this one to make file read only:
Code:
ATTRIB +R "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\nvdrssel.bin"
and this to remove read only setting:
Code:
ATTRIB -R "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\nvdrssel.bin"
-
With active read only setting "NO DC" watermark disappear and without it other games works with yours nvidia panel settings.
sorry for engrish

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
Sooo.. this has been bugging me quite alot why the NO DC keeps appearing.... and also why some 7,3,5 games put the file back in but still don't push this issue but other 7,3,5 games do for some reason.... and what I have found in my studies is that those games that DO bring it back, all have 2 files in common that the others don't....

webloader.py
webloader.pyo
(find the folder where the game.exe is in, go to renpy folder).

Those games that DO have these 2 files seem to be causing those NO DC issues. Problem is, I can't access these files so I don't know what code is in them.

nexusvideo

Feb 9, 2019
I'm having the same issue. Seems to have started after playing the Renpy game "My Teenage Years". Which also seems to be the only Penpy game I'm not getting the "NO DC" in.
I started getting the issue after installing Bluestacks 64bit (an Android emulator for pc). It didn't seem to affect the game play on the emulator but I found it also appeared in Renpy titles and would cause crashes whenever animations would appear.
I have been deleting the notorious bin file from the nvidia programdata folder.
It seems to come back on its own though. Possibly the Renpy program is creating this bin file.
Apparently renaming that bin and creating a blank version of the file set to read only should permanently stop this.

AntiVeraX

Mar 17, 2018
If you want to fix the NO DC issue the easiest solution is to RESET YOUR 3D SETTINGS (RESTORE BUTTON) in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

The error message relates to an update to the preferences file, that the driver has an issue with.

The best solution is to just reset it, but alternatively you can delete the "nvdrssel.bin" file from "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" . That file is 1 KB file that stores your settings information so the two solutions basically does the same.

Hope it helps to some.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
This is the way I permanently "fixed" it for myself.

I went to 'C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs' and deleted the nvdrssel.bin file

Then I made a new blank text document and renamed that text document to nvdrssel.bin
(you may get a warning when renaming the file, just OK it)

Then I set the new nvdrssel.bin to read-only in the properties.

I haven't seen NO DC since.
Fucking genius. Thanks for this, been deleting the file but it kept coming back. Never thought to just place in a dummy file. Good stuff.

Wutzel

Aug 6, 2017
Launch any Ren'Py game by holding shift key, or press shift+G once Ren'Py has started and switch the renderer.

There is no v7.4.3. The latest available version is 7.4.2.
Thank you very much with shift+g it worked perfectly fine after I choose force directx, afte quit the game and restart it that stupid thing is now history (y):D.
But its strange that for nearly a couple of weeks that dumb thing dont show up in the left upper corner, maybe an problem with the latest Nvidea Gforce driver?!

kamimed

Dec 29, 2019
I had YES DC on my VN screens rather than the NO DC shown above, but using your info I checked my settings and found the option for Threaded optimization was set to “Custom”…I manually changed it to “Auto” and applied it… now my Renpy VN apps no longer show any message..

Reactions: Allmytee