4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Any chance this one gets a ChatGPT translations?
DazedAnon only picks up games that he likes or that he gets paid to so it depends on if he's interested or if he gets paid. Translations cost like $50 dollars to use chatGPT3.5 plus he does bug fixes I think.
How is the MTL for this? Is it pure poetry like those un-edited MTL before ChatGPT came on the scene?
I haven't tried it myself yet but I've heard it keeps fucking up pronouns as MTL tends to do. Someone picked up the previous game for a manual translation and I've heard the game is short so perhaps they'll pick it up considering it's complete.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
DazedAnon only picks up games that he likes or that he gets paid to so it depends on if he's interested or if he gets paid. Translations cost like $50 dollars to use chatGPT3.5 plus he does bug fixes I think.

I haven't tried it myself yet but I've heard it keeps fucking up pronouns as MTL tends to do. Someone picked up the previous game for a manual translation and I've heard the game is short so perhaps they'll pick it up considering it's complete.
Fucking up pronouns is inevitable for MTL, even with ChatGPT.

In many languages, pronouns are not necessary in a sentence, especially in colloquial or spoken language. There are also non gendered terms that are commonly used. So the MTL would have to guess all the time.

But other than the pronoun issue, GPT seems to translate at like 75% human level, while old MTLs can be anything from gibberish to halfway decent.

Reactions: QuestionTime

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
I have specifically requested an mtl created by shisaye, it is from the latest version of the game that is not in the op but on pages previous to this one, the translation has been published in the translation request here
https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...66599-rain-shelter-frog.163275/#post-12036361
for those who have the latest version of the game that is not the op because the thread is outdated
at least now there is an updated translation for the updated version of the game
As he says in his post, it is not a translation to update this thread but a patch until someone decides to officially translate it

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes