VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Looks great, I will give it a try. I just saw this render in your patreon and this girl looks gorgeous, I have a weakness for pink spandex. I hope she will have a lot of screen time.

rinteaserdn.jpg

Also, I saw that you have pictures with descriptions of the most relevant characters in your patreon, I think you shoud post those here in the thread too.

Few questions:

- The dev is a woman, right?
- Why some people already know you? In which projects have you worked before?
- Nottravis is involved in this project somehow or you are just a friend or a fan?

I wish you success.

• Love
Reactions: J1215

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Few questions:

- The dev is a woman, right?
Correct.

- Why some people already know you? In which projects have you worked before?
This is my first project! As for how people know me... that's kind of a mystery even to me. I kinda hung out in a few AVN discords and made some friends who have been wonderfully supportive.

- Nottravis is involved in this project somehow or you are just a friend or a fan?
Notty and I are friends. I wanted to put a little bit of tribute to some other games into Mythos, and did so with permission (Notty for Heavy Five, Glacerose for Sylphine, etc).

I wish you success.
Thank you!

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
good start if a little weird but in a good way, i think i already love Tara the foul-mouthed pun spewing hottie :love: alsp B is great

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
We play as both or we choose the gender of our mc... ? guess we are forced to play as both since you put "Multiple protagonist" tag ?
You choose one and that's the MC through the whole game - sorry for the confusion!

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
You choose one and that's the MC through the whole game - sorry for the confusion!
you should remove "Multiple protagonists" then, which is used when you are forced to play more than 1 protagonist, in this case then the game is gender choice and we play with 1 mc. Will give it a go in this case xD

Reactions: harsha_26

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I was going to give the FC character the nickname the nut cracker but there is a letter limit as well as not being able to put spaces in so I just rolled back and didn't bother giving her one as it looked stupid and half cut off. I tried to use the console to change it but it's not listed in the variables otherwise I would of edited it there like I always do when there is a limit of some sort when naming/nicknaming so she's just Analistic nelson instead of Analistic the nut cracker nelson.

I want a hangover burger and a side order of that waitress please. If I were them when the waitress came with their drinks I would of said hey we didn't order the kids meal so why the hell are you bringing us a kids drink get your ass back there and fill those glasses up like your suppose to.

Tara is hot looking and either the FC is really tall or Tara is really short.

Sophie and B must be some type of angel or demon maybe but both look cute as well as rain looking nice.

I wonder if B is short for bitch?

I played it to the end but never unlocked any of the achievements.

Wonder who'll be the next to take a tumble in the bed with the FC?

Well can't wait for the next update so see how everything goes.

I almost accidentally clicked on the male MC thinking that they were the female MC but caught myself before it was too late. I was like whoops that's not the FC that's just a really feminine looking MC.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I want a hangover burger and a side order of that waitress please.
The Waitress appreciates the compliment! :)

Tara is hot looking and either the FC is really tall or Tara is really short.
Tara is tiny - 5'0" / 152cm

I played it to the end but never unlocked any of the achievements.
The Achievements are pretty tricksy, though I'm sure someone will figure them out and post them soon enough!

Multiple protagonist's is still listed under your genre spoiler in the OP.
I'm so bad at this! It's been removed.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
That was an amazing start, for real the story is intriguing enough and the characters are good so far, this game has a lot of potential good work, I just hope the Harem isn't achieved through cheating, I was also gonna say another preference of mine about relationships but I know people don't like it when I bring it up.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Harems are the future old man. :KEK:
Harems are for people who can't make a decision for some reason - fear, constipation, etc.

In most games there is no effort spent by the MC in acquiring and keeping a harem - it just happens, usually there are so many characters you never get to know any of them well, and then the developer has to add more and more women for the MC to fuck so the sex doesn't become stale. However, if Nine's story is interesting enough I will ignore the ridiculousness of the harem.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I was able to unlock all of the achievements but the 2nd one which doesn't have a trigger as it's not even in the game yet from what I can see.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Harems are for people who can't make a decision for some reason - fear, constipation, etc.

In most games there is no effort spent by the MC in acquiring and keeping a harem - it just happens, usually there are so many characters you never get to know any of them well, and then the developer has to add more and more women for the MC to fuck so the sex doesn't become stale. However, if Nine's story is interesting enough I will ignore the ridiculousness of the harem.
I can see your point but it is normally because some people want to have a "male" fantasy of power, which for me is dumb,

My hope this is a game that will go the ethical non-monogamy route with either an open relationship or a polyamorous one in broad strokes either you can be with others physically but not have a full relationship or in the other you can have full relationships and that extends to all parties involved, and to be really ethical for me at least it shouldn't have a sex or gender rule like "you can date only woman" or as it is known in the poly community the OPP(one penis police/ one pussy police(might have mistranslated this, the brain is fried))

I actually agree with the rest of the text, normally harems tend to become really shallow.

Last edited:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Those achievements are already in the game and that one is suppose to activate at the start of the game if you do the right thing to trigger it but you can't trigger something if it's not in the script file it's listed elsewhere in a different file but not in the game script file.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
A really promising first release. I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes