Gazsika

Dec 3, 2017
This game still not working for me I tried every version but none of them starts....
am I the only one who can't run it?

-Found the solution,wait 20 minutes and starts.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Ahuh, all of that also happens just by the ($6 patreon's like me) testers 'testing' the game and telling Beggar about the bugs.
This also comes with the added benefit of the game not being widely known as a bug fiesta, since many people ignore the fact that this version here is a test version and think it's always going to be like this...

But w/e man, shits not going to change. *shrug*

(Firebane doesn't do a modded version until the final 'extra' version comes out, so 'test version access' isn't needed)
There are a number of sites like this one that test the "Test version" and feed back bugs through Patreons to the developer. More testers, more bugs found and quashed, so you don't have to rely on just your Patreons. There are those of us who can not afford or who do not like the Patreon model but who want to support the developer anyway, and testing is a good barter.

There will always be annoyances who whine about bugs during development and test versions despite not being Patreons and getting the game without doing anything to support the developer. Almost all of the time, you call them out and they go away or go back to lurking. Giving them a false excuse for their bad behavior, like "test versions are bad and will give a bad impression of the game", encourages that behavior.

Test versions, and even development releases, being riddled with bugs is nothing new or unusual. MNL sits about average in bug count for development releases despite having a largely splayed set of story lines with an exponentially increasing state complexity that would normally introduce a much larger number of state bugs. This game, currently, has a fairly good stability reputation compared to others.

@Firebane 's modded version does not magically spring full-born from a final release version. He meticulously gathers bugs and helpful suggestions that he finds and are reported here from the test version, crafts fixes, discards those that appear in the final release version, and (if he has the time or motivation) deals with any added to the final release version. He's always calling for lists of bugs during the test release. Removing it from this site would probably delay a modded version until the next final version release, if he decided to keep doing it at all.

And... no 15 year old preppy teenage girl attitude of shrugging her "whatever" shoulders ever even started to change the shit that the rest of us deal with every day. We're doing just fine here with a pretty consistently strong support community.

Reactions: PapaMuda

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
my 1.4 saves aren't working help
give save after daisy quest when i fuck her plz
My saves not work either...can someone post them?
pls save deysy hause pls
The first 1.5 test version had a save file structure incompatible with previous save versions. An update was uploaded that might fix that and is available in . Use to ask for, post, and get saves.

Note: It was announced that 1.6 saves will be incompatible with previous versions so you'll have to start over anyway.

horsemanuk

Feb 21, 2018
I believe that if you copy the 1.4 save folder with all of your saves inside, then go to the 1.5 folder and paste it in replacing the 1.5 save folder then it should work.
it didn't work for me but I've already started again anyway.

Sword26

Donor
Aug 8, 2016
The first 1.5 test version had a save file structure incompatible with previous save versions. An update was uploaded that might fix that and is available in . Use to ask for, post, and get saves.

Note: It was announced that 1.6 saves will be incompatible with previous versions so you'll have to start over anyway.
No Longer Available :p

horsemanuk

Feb 21, 2018
[QUOTE="

Note: It was announced that 1.6 saves will be incompatible with previous versions so you'll have to start over anyway.[/QUOTE]

are you kidding me, this is insane. as much as i like the game that is going to be tedious, ive already started over twice!

horsemanuk

Feb 21, 2018
ok heres another bug thats a backwards step from 1.4 - my love with rachel should be maxed (have had all scenes at her house and she allows me to choose what I want to do to her) in v 1.4 when you are trying to find out where beth's party is rachel tells you to come into the toilet you get a scene with her and carol sees you which in 1.4 was an important step in carol quest. Now in 1.5 when i enter toilet rachel speaks to me but I get no scene despite having a maxed realtionship with rachel?

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
are you kidding me, this is insane. as much as i like the game that is going to be tedious, ive already started over twice!
On a more positive note: v1.5 has greatly reduced the amount of grinding on recess quests (6 instead of 15) and job quests (10/30 instead of 25/50), so starting over is no longer that great a problem. And... of course, there is always the cheat object in your room to speed things along.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes