VN Unity My Life in Another World Full of Horny Monster Girls [v0.4] [Goshan games]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, exactly. As a programmer I can say this to Renpy. Before that, if you are not a programmer you couldn't build even a simple text game. Renpy has stolen a lot of potential work from programmers, but I've never heard anyone come in and be like, "Oh, you're using renpy, it's depressing me."

In any case, the market today is more competitive than before. And AI just make it a bit cheaper to begin with. This means a lot if you are doing it as a hobby.
Err ...
I guess you weren't around when the literal adult text games took a nosedive.

Those developers complained about the "new programs that took all their effort and shit on it".
They were referring to RPGMaker and stuff, not RenPy. That was protested a bit later, but not so loud.

Hell for instance it happend "a bit ago" with tailors violently protesting the introduction of steam engines in cloth making.
New technology that is "better" than existing technology comes up, users of the existing technology whine/protest.

As said that story is as old as human advancement itself.
Well ... I don't ultimately know if humans opposed when that strange shiny stuff was replacing their stone tools. No writing back then.
Albeit I imagine Karen called the manager ...

festerloves

Oct 6, 2017
I understand that you guys have never tried to develop a VN or even tried to work with AI. But if you're wondering what development looks like under the hood, take a look at this:
"AI is not like pressing a button and getting a result. No. I spend about 4-8 hours preparing an image, make about 100 attempts with different requests, cut out the background and redraw about 25% of the image myself to prepare for animation. The artist will spend approximately the same amount of time on your image. But there are still many problems with AI: details, clothing, specific poses. The AI is very limited. So it's not that artists will lose their jobs, but that people who don't have money will take the opportunity to create what they want. Just as artists use their skills to draw characters in unique styles, I spend the same amount of time creating and preparing standard anime characters. I think that's pretty fair."
You type prompts, like you did for this pile of bullshit excuses that barely passes as English.

You don't draw.

You don't program.

You don't even fucking write.

You do literally nothing. Nobody is going to give you money to do nothing. Get over yourself.

• Angry
Reactions: Uncle Eugene

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
You type prompts, like you did for this pile of bullshit excuses that barely passes as English.

You don't draw.

You don't program.

You don't even fucking write.

You do literally nothing. Nobody is going to give you money to do nothing. Get over yourself.
#1 If you don't understand a language the other persons can't write it? Interesting excuse.
#2 AI can't really generate fluid animations. Yet.
#3 Yeah ... There is not a line of code at all behind this game... Any more absolutely baseless insults you want to get off your chest today?
#4 I know you meant "in the game" which btw. is untrue as well but seriously? If you can read something it means it was written before. Basic knowledge.
#5 You are just jealous that when you tried to do as you just insulted Gosh to do you failed miserably.

Reactions: Uncle Eugene

festerloves

Oct 6, 2017
#1 If you don't understand a language the other persons can't write it? Interesting excuse.
Typing a prompt isn't writing.
#2 AI can't really generate fluid animations. Yet.
Typing a prompt isn't drawing, let alone animating, no matter how much crypto scammers fresh off the NFT con on Youtube try to pretend otherwise.
#3 Yeah ... There is not a line of code at all behind this game... Any more absolutely baseless insults you want to get off your chest today?
Typing a prompt isn't code, and filling out markup language boilerplate for Ren'Py push games is barely coding regardless.
#4 I know you meant "in the game" which btw. is untrue as well but seriously? If you can read something it means it was written before. Basic knowledge.
Reading gibberish autogenerated by a prompt is barely reading, although I guess there's gonna be coomer losers who jerk off to every pile of shit Midjourney or ChatGPT will churn out.
#5 You are just jealous that when you tried to do as you just insulted Gosh to do you failed miserably.
I can barely parse this ESL "insult", but regardless of whatever stupid thing you tried to write, typing prompts will never being doing anything no matter how much bullshit you make up as excuses for it.

Nobody except the most desperate pathetic coomers give a shit about AI "art" or "writing". It's for idiots with no taste, created by the most worthless scammers too lazy to even do the bare minimum that previous Patreon scammers half-assed attempted with stolen assets and/or plagiarized written content. When OP finally realizes nobody is going to give them money to type prompts and the few sucessful AI hustlers on Patreon are just bot farmed money laundering scams, they'll move on to some other equally worthless endeavor.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I can barely parse this ESL "insult", but regardless of whatever stupid thing you tried to write, typing prompts will never being doing anything no matter how much bullshit you make up as excuses for it.
Please cycle back to #1.
That you were unable to read does not mean the other party is unable to write.
It happened at least twice in recent history.
It just means that you are ... not as smart as you think you are.j

When OP finally realizes nobody is going to give them money to type prompts and the few sucessful AI hustlers on Patreon are just bot farmed money laundering scams, they'll move on to some other equally worthless endeavor.
Like typing completely and utterly idiotic comments on a pirate site?

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeTapper

JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
Man there really is this weird phenomena of people who don't fully understand AI (but for some reason think they do) having a need to go on misinformed rants about it. It's a useful tool and when used correctly can help provide neat ideas and increase productivity significantly. Yes it can also be used the lazy way and you end up with a slideshow of raw CGs which I am totally against but this dev does not seem to be doing that.

Reactions: Brannon

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Man there really is this weird phenomena of people who don't fully understand AI (but for some reason think they do) having a need to go on misinformed rants about it. It's a useful tool and when used correctly can help provide neat ideas and increase productivity significantly. Yes it can also be used the lazy way and you end up with a slideshow of raw CGs which I am totally against but this dev does not seem to be doing that.

AI is not the only topic superficial knowledge is treated as the holy grail.
Only the latest and hottest shit.

"Experts" explain everything. Be it AI, regular weaponry, nuclear weaponry/power, colonizable planets in the universe, ...
They do so since the time language was getting more complex.

Mostly it is for "15 minutes of fame" on the internet.

As said here and countless times before in other places:
AI is a tool.
There needs to be someone capable using said tool.
Without that the AI can't really help.

Last edited:

festerloves

Oct 6, 2017

AI is not the only topic superficial knowledge is treated as the holy grail.
Only the latest and hottest shit.

"Experts" explain everything. Be it AI, regular weaponry, nuclear weaponry/power, colonizable planets in the universe, ...
They do so since the time language was getting more complex.

Mostly it is for "15 minutes of fame" on the internet.

As said here and countless times before in other places:
AI is a tool.
There needs to be someone capable using said tool.
Without that the AI can't really help.
You type prompts. It's as much of a "tool" as ordering a pizza makes you a chef or paying somebody to redo your roof makes you an expert with a nailgun. All the bullshit of "how it AWKSHUALLY works" won't change that reality. But goddamn if AI parasites and coomers seem to think if they repeat the same lies in a hundred different ways or pretend the LLM works without the dataset, they'll convince the stupidest people on earth they're definitely totally an artist for reals!

• Angry
Reactions: SaltTed and Brannon

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
You said he did not program anything.
I'm not an expert but it looks to me like he did.

You said he did not write anything.
I believe your gem was "Writing a prompt is not writing" or some BS like that.
I'm no expert but I'd hazard a guess the dialogues did not appear out of thin air.

You said he did not create any art.
I'm no expert but last I've seen AI simply can't reliably create fluid ANIMATIONS like there are in the game.
It needs serious human intervention as it is a TOOL and not a replacement.

You don't know shit about using AI OR creating art and just blindly and apparently without thinking repeat hate speech you heard from other ... likeminded individuals.

they'll convince the stupidest people on earth they're definitely totally an artist for reals!
Nope.
Clearly did not work ...

Trying to read your comment I seriously doubt you are ... healthy.
And to think that you tried to go "grammar nazi" on the dev because you apparently could not read what he wrote ...

festerloves

Oct 6, 2017
Typing prompts isn't doing anything no matter how much bullshit you spout. All the OP is doing is typing prompts. They aren't writing, they aren't making art (AI is already "making" "animations" like this slop you think is so "fluid"), they probably aren't even coding, and editing markup language to make a push VN is barely that in the first place.

But coomers don't care, and just want their wank. So they pretend it's doing something in defense of a scammer running a fraudulent patreon account for a grab the money and run con.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Typing prompts isn't doing anything no matter how much bullshit you spout. All the OP is doing is typing prompts. They aren't writing, they aren't making art (AI is already "making" "animations" like this slop you think is so "fluid"), they probably aren't even coding, and editing markup language to make a push VN is barely that in the first place.

But coomers don't care, and just want their wank. So they pretend it's doing something in defense of a scammer running a fraudulent patreon account for a grab the money and run con.
You mostly are just jealous that your own attempt of doing that failed.
Most likely because you were not programming at all and did not write any dialogue either.

You have no idea how AI works, what it specifically does and refuse to be educated at all.
You just spout hate slogan after hate slogan seemingly without thinking or even trying to.

festerloves

Oct 6, 2017
If I get served a plate of shit at a restaurant, I don't need to be a chef to point out that it's a plate of shit.
You have no idea how AI works, what it specifically does and refuse to be educated at all.
I know exactly how AI works. You type a prompt, and it outputs a result to that prompt. You can explain how it AWSHUALLY works until you are blue in the face, the purpose of it is to do that.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
If I get served a plate of shit at a restaurant, I don't need to be a chef to point out that it's a plate of shit.

I know exactly how AI works. You type a prompt, and it outputs a result to that prompt. You can explain how it AWSHUALLY works until you are blue in the face, the purpose of it is to do that.
With that statement alone you have proven that you DO NOT understand what AI does.
And you obviously are to stubborn/dumb to be educated.

festerloves

Oct 6, 2017
Well we're now at two weeks since the "dev" posted anything, over/under on whether or not they've fucked off to their next scam?

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Well we're now at two weeks since the "dev" posted anything, over/under on whether or not they've fucked off to their next scam?
So your measurement of whether a dev is legit or not is "s/he has not posted in a pirate board for two weeks now"?

That means that 99.9995% of the devs on here are scammers according to your "expert" opinion.

Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
Hate to be the one to necro the AI tool discussion... but yeah, ultimately AI is no different than a stencil or photo filter, albeit an incredibly advanced one. The lazy 'artists' will just type a prompt and be done with it. The good ones will take whatever output the initial prompt gave them and use pre-existing tools such as photoshop or whatever digital editing software of their choice is to make something truly unique.

AI is ultimately a tool. Whether you see it as something mundane like a hammer or something capable of doing 90% of the work for you is irrelevant. What is relevant is at what point the artist is finished working on their pieces and how well they put the tools available to them to use. I mean, weren't computers once said to be pointless since they could only give us answers? Look where we are now.

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
The only issue with this AI is that it's the "default" ai look of many models, it's not bad it's just easily recognized as AI, you could easily sidestep this problem with some style experimentation, especially with the Pony based models, which granted wasn't a thing back when this was made.

As far as i'm concerned Ai is a great tool to make a game on little to no budget if you don't have the skills to draw it yourself, and if it takes off you can then consider hiring an artist and make a proper version.

festerloves

Oct 6, 2017
Hate to be the one to necro the AI tool discussion... but yeah, ultimately AI is no different than a stencil or photo filter, albeit an incredibly advanced one. The lazy 'artists' will just type a prompt and be done with it. The good ones will take whatever output the initial prompt gave them and use pre-existing tools such as photoshop or whatever digital editing software of their choice is to make something truly unique.

AI is ultimately a tool. Whether you see it as something mundane like a hammer or something capable of doing 90% of the work for you is irrelevant. What is relevant is at what point the artist is finished working on their pieces and how well they put the tools available to them to use. I mean, weren't computers once said to be pointless since they could only give us answers? Look where we are now.
What tool? You're not doing anything. You might as well call a phone a stove because you can use it to order a pizza. This dumbass excuse keeps getting trotted out like it's definitely gonna be true this time when it wasn't from the beginning and never will be.
The only issue with this AI is that it's the "default" ai look of many models, it's not bad it's just easily recognized as AI, you could easily sidestep this problem with some style experimentation, especially with the Pony based models, which granted wasn't a thing back when this was made.

As far as i'm concerned Ai is a great tool to make a game on little to no budget if you don't have the skills to draw it yourself, and if it takes off you can then consider hiring an artist and make a proper version.
Why would any of these scammers start paying anyone to make art when they can just keep not paying anybody to make "art"? Delusional.

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
Why would any of these scammers start paying anyone to make art when they can just keep not paying anybody to make "art"? Delusional.
I'm just saying what i would do from a moral perspective, while i would prefer to use actual art i for one can't afford hiring a professional artist, it is insanely expensive.

You're free to disagree but if i think along these lines there are bound to be others. I can't stand absolutists that can't think beyond their own narrow mindset.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote