VN Unity My Life in Another World Full of Horny Monster Girls [v0.4] [Goshan games]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
I get that Unity is in a sketchy spot right now but on a purely technical level suggesting using RenPy instead is just straight up bad advice. Unity is going to handle live2d animations and reactive/touching stuff much better. At least the dev seems to understand this.

My only issue with the game at the moment is the weird space bar timing thing. It feels out of place.

fozfoz

Jan 24, 2019
About Unity. I don't create the game from scratch. UnityStore has libraries which provides all needed functionality similar to Renpy. I used NaniNovel. As far as I know, Renpy is having troubles creating something that isn't exctly a visual novel. Like adding mini-games, some 3d scenes. Unity just more powerful.

About AI art. It was produced by Stable diffusion. There are actually a lot of art styles you can choose but I just like the one I use. And AI art is not something I would prefer to use. Mostly I thought it like a temporary solution to demonstrate an idea, get some funds and find an artist. There are a lot troubles in the way from AI art to animated scenes and hates from peoples who thing AI steal arts. But personally it still looks better than most of middle artist.

Yeah, my English probably suck, I'm not a native speaker.
If I can raise funds on patreon I'll try to find someone who'll fix text issues.
if ppl like your game enough they'll be more than willing to help touch up your dialogues, you just need to put it out there that you could use a hand. If you wait till you hit some patreon figure ppl will just lose interest in the game or figure you're one of the many milkers. Best of luck with the game, haven't actually tried it yet just popped by to see if it was worth keeping an eye on. Will check back when there's more content to try out.

fozfoz

Jan 24, 2019
If anyone want to help me with editing text you are welcome!
Had 5 minutes to give it a try, gave up and deleted it during the first sex scene. English wasn't an issue for me up to then. It was the horrendous mini game that completely ruined it for me. Having to move back and forth for tht long with the mouse and then hit the reflex test. Spoiled a game that should have appealed to me given personal tastes. Best of luck will prob pop back after a few updates to check if this system got a major overhaul/removed to something playable. Thought the images were nicely made and the two girls I saw where well drawn. Best of luck for the future.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
C'mon, Unity updates only touch peoples who earn more than 200.000$. It is definitely not about me.
And this is my first try in creating novel and writing a plot. So I am not sure where I end up. I mean the genre of games.
About English it hard to say for now how much users care about it. Does it really makes them unhappy or they usually do not pay a lot of attention? I guess we will see.
I check all texts with chatGPT and read multiple times. But probably I can detect only gramma errors. I mean it obvious using "rool" instead "rule" is mistake. And Kait instead of Kate. But are there still a lot of issues like those?

About Patreon I don't think the strategy makes a lot sense until you don't have enough attention from users. Prices are standard for many projects like this. But basically I agree with you, I need to provide something special to people who support me.
Unity pulled that stunt out of nowhere.
They edited ToS after they have been read and accepted.
Meaning they are willing and able to surprise developers in the future again.

They have burned almost all the trust they had.

And to top it off the promises that only developers over 200.000 $ are affected only is true for the CURRENT version.
In the same post they announced the new version and promised anybody that does not use the new versions will be fine.
But you can bet your ass or other valuable parts of your body the new version will have some new features that are invaluable for game development (like built in support for ChatGPT or a better implementation for DirectX) and thus most developers are forced to upgrade.

For the patreon as said it is a catch22 situation.
Without money coming in you can't fix a certain thing and without a certain thing fixed you can't get more money.

Some minor thing you could try to alleviate that is giving descriptions on there.
For goodness sake the "about me" is practically empty and you don't even have the name of the game that you are developing written on there.

Patreon can be compared somewhat with a job interview.
But instead of applying to a job with one boss you are applying to a job with several hundred (if it goes as planned) "bosses".

Reactions: fozfoz

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
My opinion:
Story seems nice, but it feels way too linear. There is no real choice to speak of, it feels more like a novel you're reading than a game you play.
The player should be given choices, for example choosing to stay with Kait/Kate (choose a name, don't use 2 different names for the same character...), or going to live with someone else later on, same with the interactions with the other npcs. For example, after working at the pharmacy, you get a blonde drunk elf girl hitting on you. Player should be allowed to cheat on Kate with her. And then face some sort of consequence later (for example Kate being jealous, you have to work to recover the relationship, or maybe even switch to live with someone else, etc.).
I know it creates a lot more work to think of those possibilities and prepare images/animations for them, but that's what would make the game feel like a game, and not just a picture book I'm reading.

Also, as others have said, the minigame for the sex was a bit of a pain, especially since you have to switch controller to go from the grab phase (with mouse), to the reflex phase (with keyboard). Also, there's no clear indication if the reflex phase is a hit or miss, and the consequence if you miss too much...

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
My opinion:
Story seems nice, but it feels way too linear. There is no real choice to speak of, it feels more like a novel you're reading than a game you play.
The player should be given choices, for example choosing to stay with Kait/Kate (choose a name, don't use 2 different names for the same character...), or going to live with someone else later on, same with the interactions with the other npcs. For example, after working at the pharmacy, you get a blonde drunk elf girl hitting on you. Player should be allowed to cheat on Kate with her. And then face some sort of consequence later (for example Kate being jealous, you have to work to recover the relationship, or maybe even switch to live with someone else, etc.).
I know it creates a lot more work to think of those possibilities and prepare images/animations for them, but that's what would make the game feel like a game, and not just a picture book I'm reading.

Also, as others have said, the minigame for the sex was a bit of a pain, especially since you have to switch controller to go from the grab phase (with mouse), to the reflex phase (with keyboard). Also, there's no clear indication if the reflex phase is a hit or miss, and the consequence if you miss too much...
The game said that basically cheating at this time of the year is not in effect.
All male inhabitants can fuck any animal girl they want without consequences. They want that, they need that, they like that. It is not a government rule but a societal understanding i.e. Kate accepted that as well. It is unclear if that only applies to animal girls or includes "normal girls" as well.
She naturally wants the dick and the cum for herself first and foremost but I don't think there would be relationship consequences.

If you miss to much at the minigame you basically are thrown back to the start.
With the menu being disabled mind you.
Meaning you can't even quit the game.
Great if you simply can't react that fast because of disability, medication or "slow eyes".
Well you can by using windows functions like ALT+F4.

Goshangames198

Sep 29, 2023
Okay I got it. Looks like nobody likes mini games.
Well, I don't like implementing them either. It just takes too long.
Mini-games actually only presents in the first 2 sex scene. Other sex scenes are just animations.
I gonna fix all issues in the next update with mini-games, text errors, improve first 2 animations.
By the way I found out the reason of the problems with grammar. I relied on ChatGPT too much. Google translate is much better.

Goshangames198

Sep 29, 2023
I don't see a big problem. There are a lot of engines for game developing. It could be problem for professional Unity developers and companies. They loose expertise. Unity loose at some points to Unreal Engine. Probably they understand ship is going down and want to take as much money as possible.

Actually one subscriber already helped me with correction grammar. He did a really big work and submitted more than 100 corrections.

About the “about me” section. Well, it wasn't empty before. And it didn't work. I think having a web version of the game tells more about me than any description. If you only have concept art and a bare idea, for example, this might be the case. But in my case people already know what they pay for.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
But in my case people already know what they pay for.

That right there is your problem.
People that know you and your work do.
All five of them.
New people do not.
When the "about me" page and the short introduction is empty potential new patreons just skip to the next in line.
The competition is extensive and you don't make yourself seen or heard.

Once you are already big you can very well rely on word of mouth advertisements like "let my work speak for itself".
But until then that is a ... questionable approach if you actually want success.

Last edited:

festerloves

Oct 6, 2017
Man it's terrible that AI is now taking away work from the "make a scam patreon game and run off with the money after six months of no updates" crowd.

Oh wait no it's the same people, only now they just can get art for free and with zero effort instead of using Koikatsu screenshots or "paying" third world artists on fiver.

Goshangames198

Sep 29, 2023
Man it's terrible that AI is now taking away work from the "make a scam patreon game and run off with the money after six months of no updates" crowd.

Oh wait no it's the same people, only now they just can get art for free and with zero effort instead of using Koikatsu screenshots or "paying" third world artists on fiver.
Then just put in a little bit more effort then zero and grab a lot of money. As you said, there is free AI art and free software. A lot of money with literally zero investment.
Your point is about 3 years late. It's a pretty tough and competitive market right now. I mean at those time you can just add some text for 10 minutes reading and 1-2 pictures. And that was enough to allure maybe 50 patrons and 200-500$. But now... well, for comparison, I have 30 minutes of text to read, fully animated scenes, all backgrounds and characters. In fact it takes about 3 month to reach this point and I'm not new at all of these things.
Anyway, I'm not so attached to the number of patrons, I appreciate everyone who likes the same ideas as me and what I do. It's just about statistics and setting the right expectations. Cause there are a lot of trash games that have a lot of funds and a lot of good games that have about very little attention.

Last edited:

Goshangames198

Sep 29, 2023
I don't know how to post an update here.
Well, I just publish it here.
I fixed all issues:
- Fixed text mistakes, names.
- Rework animations a bit.
- Removed mini-games.
- Added dialogs instead of mini-games.

NiGHTS4life

Aug 1, 2017
Seeing AI art being used used to for VNs makes me depressed. Just let an AI create the images; no one will care. Gone are the days of actual CG Visual Novels.

festerloves

Oct 6, 2017
there are a lot of trash games that have a lot of funds and a lot of good games that have about very little attention.
Well there's also games that don't get much funding and are trash.

Like ones that think filling up a bog standard push VN with AI gen garbage is a easy way to make money.

Goshangames198

Sep 29, 2023
I understand that you guys have never tried to develop a VN or even tried to work with AI. But if you're wondering what development looks like under the hood, take a look at this:
"AI is not like pressing a button and getting a result. No. I spend about 4-8 hours preparing an image, make about 100 attempts with different requests, cut out the background and redraw about 25% of the image myself to prepare for animation. The artist will spend approximately the same amount of time on your image. But there are still many problems with AI: details, clothing, specific poses. The AI is very limited. So it's not that artists will lose their jobs, but that people who don't have money will take the opportunity to create what they want. Just as artists use their skills to draw characters in unique styles, I spend the same amount of time creating and preparing standard anime characters. I think that's pretty fair."

Reactions: Uncle Eugene

Goshangames198

Sep 29, 2023
The chapter 4 is available.
In the new chapter you will find new male friends and explore the world of sex together. Or you can choose to build a deep relationship with one of the girls.

roxyAnalMovingFaster.gif

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I understand that you guys have never tried to develop a VN or even tried to work with AI. But if you're wondering what development looks like under the hood, take a look at this:
"AI is not like pressing a button and getting a result. No. I spend about 4-8 hours preparing an image, make about 100 attempts with different requests, cut out the background and redraw about 25% of the image myself to prepare for animation. The artist will spend approximately the same amount of time on your image. But there are still many problems with AI: details, clothing, specific poses. The AI is very limited. So it's not that artists will lose their jobs, but that people who don't have money will take the opportunity to create what they want. Just as artists use their skills to draw characters in unique styles, I spend the same amount of time creating and preparing standard anime characters. I think that's pretty fair."
It is basically the same with every new tool since the beginning of human evolution.
AI is a TOOL but many people ignore that fact on purpose.

Yes with AI people who previously were not good enough to be an artist now can be.
The very same happened when photoshop came around.
Or blender.
Or DAZ.
Or artist tablets.
Or computers.
Or painting easels.
In every case the persons doing it were having moderate success in it. Well but not great. For that you'd need more than just tools that help you. Namely creativity, artist personality, artist education/experience, ...

Goshangames198

Sep 29, 2023
It is basically the same with every new tool since the beginning of human evolution.
AI is a TOOL but many people ignore that fact on purpose.

Yes with AI people who previously were not good enough to be an artist now can be.
The very same happened when photoshop came around.
Or blender.
Or DAZ.
Or artist tablets.
Or computers.
Or painting easels.
In every case the persons doing it were having moderate success in it. Well but not great. For that you'd need more than just tools that help you. Namely creativity, artist personality, artist education/experience, ...
Yeah, exactly. As a programmer I can say this to Renpy. Before that, if you are not a programmer you couldn't build even a simple text game. Renpy has stolen a lot of potential work from programmers, but I've never heard anyone come in and be like, "Oh, you're using renpy, it's depressing me."

In any case, the market today is more competitive than before. And AI just make it a bit cheaper to begin with. This means a lot if you are doing it as a hobby.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote