• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Would have preferred if Kate was a Penguins fan but Cleveland doesn't have a NHL team (since 1978) so guess no natural rivalry there.

At least there isn't an Eagles fan in the house.
I used to mow this radio sports broadcasters lawn when I was in my early teens. Besides the money he paid he always gave me sporting event tickets. I would let my little brother and dad go to the football games and golf tournaments, but always made him take me to hockey games. We had a IHL team in the 70's. Watched Gordy Howe and his two boys play. Then in the 90's we had a NHL farm team and I worked the event as paramedic every chance I got. Sadly we lost our hockey team in early 2000's.

Reactions: Horny Toad

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
No NFL team, not a fan. I did have to suffer the Buffalo Bills losing four Super Bowls in a row (and they should have one the first one) because of living across the border.

But hey, the Maple Leafs haven't won a cup since before I was born, so we know about losing. (At least the other sports teams won championships while I've been an adult).

Just don't put a clone 1/6 the MC's size in the game and have him wear a Maple Leafs jersey. View attachment 3599630
As a fellow leafs fan you excited for them to lose game 7 yet again?

OH HELL NAH! I'm with you on that, and they don't deserve anything.

No Maple Leafs jersey should be in the game. I'm from Montreal and even I, would prefer a Boston Bruins jersey than the Leafs. :ROFLMAO:
Nah man any team execpt the Bruins, literally anyone else.

Reactions: Horny Toad

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I used to mow this radio sports broadcasters lawn when I was in my early teens. Besides the money he paid he always gave me sporting event tickets. I would let my little brother and dad go to the football games and golf tournaments, but always made him take me to hockey games. We had a IHL team in the 70's. Watched Gordy Howe and his two boys play. Then in the 90's we had a NHL farm team and I worked the event as paramedic every chance I got. Sadly we lost our hockey team in early 2000's.
No pro sports teams of any sort anywhere near where I grew up. A couple bush league baseball teams. But this was so long ago they used to sell dollar beers. :)

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
No pro sports teams of any sort anywhere near where I grew up. A couple bush league baseball teams. But this was so long ago they used to sell dollar beers. :)
Those were the days. Cheap draft beer where most of it was foam.

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
OH HELL NAH! I'm with you on that, and they don't deserve anything.

No Maple Leafs jersey should be in the game. I'm from Montreal and even I, would prefer a Boston Bruins jersey than the Leafs. :ROFLMAO:
Okay, that's going to far. Nobody should be wearing a Bruins jersey if they aren't a fan.

I did have a Candiens sweatshirt when I was 8 or something, back when they were winning multiple cups. Didn't follow hockey then since I was just a kid (only went to Blue Jays games) but my parents enjoyed watching them. I think they wanted the original six teams to win, they were rooting for the Habs back in '89 over the Flames.

Of course this is probably all puzzling for those not in Upper East States area and eastern Canada and off topic. So just have to put that it's interesting for all the fake names of stars and companies in the game, changes on real people and things, that the one real life mentions is the Steelers and the Browns. I can't recall if there was something other in the game that is the real name. I know the two movies at the beginning are real life ones but they didn't get named. (Spanking the Monkey and Tadpole (which has Kate Mara, who's grandfathers founded the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Giants)).

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
It amused me at the time that I moved from Anchorage (no hockey team) to San Jose (which has the Sharks - even though it's never frozen or even snowed there in living memory.)

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019

I hope that the team can get revenge for the last two times they lost to the Bruins when they had a 3 to 1 games lead. And it would be even better if they beat them and the Bruins lost a 3 to 1 game lead two years in a row.

But I try to stay realistic and just not watch and lower my expectations.

Like when it comes to the World Cup and think that maybe England will have a chance this time. Damn Euro when they lost in a shoot out.

txe320

Dec 4, 2023

Okay, that's going to far. Nobody should be wearing a Bruins jersey if they aren't a fan.

I did have a Candiens sweatshirt when I was 8 or something, back when they were winning multiple cups. Didn't follow hockey then since I was just a kid (only went to Blue Jays games) but my parents enjoyed watching them. I think they wanted the original six teams to win, they were rooting for the Habs back in '89 over the Flames.

Of course this is probably all puzzling for those not in Upper East States area and eastern Canada and off topic. So just have to put that it's interesting for all the fake names of stars and companies in the game, changes on real people and things, that the one real life mentions is the Steelers and the Browns. I can't recall if there was something other in the game that is the real name. I know the two movies at the beginning are real life ones but they didn't get named. (Spanking the Monkey and Tadpole (which has Kate Mara, who's grandfathers founded the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Giants)).
I'm honestly 100% with you! I hate the Bruins but the only reason I tolerate a Bruins jersey is because one family member (actually, extended family member) was a member of the Bruins, so Leafs are enemy #1 for me.:LOL:

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
FYI, others may have mentioned it, but the android version has exception errors in the new content. I ran into 2 of them so far when Amanda is being introduced to the family. I was able to ignore them and move past them, but I just wanted to let you know in case no one else mentioned them.
It has to do with the unlockable images. I will get it solved in the next update, since solving it now in a hotfix will make players not updating their playthroughs with the hotfix to still have the bug in their saves.

I'm lost here. No Ice Hockey fan here.

But going on the Steelers/Browns mention. It has a trick. The real (and trademarked) names, Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns, aren't mentioned. It's like if Saira says "Go Raptors!". Is she rooting for a basketball team or does she hate the kids in Jurassic Park?

No real company name/product is named in My Dorm. On top of my head, we have:
Amazonian, Under, Home Warehouse, MeTube, Burger Prince, Ferrarini, Galaxy Wars, Harrison Fort, Yabba, Joda, The Fianceé Princess, and the unnamed Spanking the Monkey and Tadpole.

Edit: Oh, and references to Luke Skywalker and Mario.
Another Edit: Taylor Shift (thanks Horny Toad )

I think I forgot one or two.

Last edited:

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
It has to do with the unlockable images. I will get it solved in the next update, since solving it now in a hotfix will make players not updating their playthroughs with the hotfix to still have the bug in their saves.

I'm lost here. No Ice Hockey fan here.

But going on the Steelers/Browns mention. It has a trick. The real (and trademarked) names, Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns, aren't mentioned. It's like if Saira says "Go Raptors!". Is she rooting for a basketball team or does she hate the kids in Jurassic Park?

No real company name/product is named in My Dorm. On top of my head, we have:
Amazonian, Under, Home Warehouse, MeTube, Burger Prince, Ferrarini, Galaxy Wars, Harrison Fort, Yabba, Joda, The Fianceé Princess, and the unnamed Spanking the Monkey and Tadpole.

I think I forgot one or two.
Sorry, the original six are the surviving National Hockey League teams that became the original six when there was six expansion teams that started in 1967. The great thinking was the original six was in one division and the expansion teams were in the other division, so the next few years the Boston Bruins and Montreal Candiens won the finals by beating less talented expansion teams. First of course they were beating each other up in the own division in the playoffs. But this was the NHL, when they had 21 teams, 16 of them made the playoffs. You basically had to have Legionnaire's disease to not make the playoffs.

Nice about not giving the full name. At least you didn't call them the Ironers and Taupes.

Don't forget Taylor Shift or whatever you called her.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TropecitaGames

Mharryson69

May 22, 2022
TropecitaGames This update (v0.17 p2 ch 5.0) was great! Good size, lots of progress for the time passing. The renders were really good to begin with and just keep getting better! The animations can get a little jumpy/fast moving, but that could be because of the stuff I have running. I would love to see more, of course, but hey you can only pack so much into a day. You seem to be pumping out content at a good pace!
I would have liked to see the interaction with Olivia, MC, and Betty during the massage instruction. I was more than half expecting to see a repeat of the Dr. office in front of Betty! But I'm hoping you are setting up something even better!
The onion cutting ninja's really got a work-out for the Amanda dinner/meet and greet. I think all of the scene played out great! The lead-in, the body, and the bit at the base again with the Eva interaction! Oh h3ll! I almost forgot to mention the group scenes and the progression through them! WOW! Great job! I'm sure it's a bunch of work, so, Thanks!
The Zeus bit was funny and played along well within the Maddie scene. Like others have said Zeus' interaction during was a 3-pointer! I liked all the Maddie scenes. The different outfits were all good and I can understand why you decided to utilize different outfits for each of the routes. I do see a natural progression to the unified "Love" route. With or without being pregnant it just feels more natural for Mr. Marks...
The Megan scene was a good one and made good progress with her. I did notice something I'm not sure if it was intended or not. Her breasts seem to be different sizes and then switch the side of the difference. The first (pic) her left(on the right) breast seems to be half the size of the other, then change positions(second pic) and the smaller breast looks to be the right(on the top/left) breast. I think she's a cutie but I feel like the renders aren't always fleshed out the best. Don't get me wrong here either, it's not her belly and usually they don't have anything to do with that area. I'm sure she is harder to draw/render since she isn't "perfect" and you are trying to convey that in a believable way. It just seems like some areas in different renders don't seem quite right. You are doing a great job! I'm trying to be constructive here not "critical" if you know what I mean.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Great start with Eva for the Dinner/Dance! Can't wait for more.
Question: Did you remove the save naming from the game? I seem to lose that from time to time. I had it with the last update and don't now.

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
I also want to add that you could improve the situation with saves. So that it is clearly visible which page of the saves I am on. This was mentioned some time ago and I was hoping for an improvement in this update. Maybe it will work in the next one.
Edit: And one more thing. A photo of Maddie in a cat suit could appear on her profile as a costume. She looks very sexy in it.

Last edited:

Lachesis580

Apr 11, 2019
Had this game on my watchlist a long time but thought i still wait for even more content especially if its a BIG Harem and im not a sucker for playing unfinished games because i am weak in waiting.

But now i started playing Part 1 (i am now at Meemaaws arrival day) And i love this game so much already this is again a good Love Family harem or harem in general. I like even the new girls especially Debbie.
I am also glad it doesn't have stupid annoying repetitive Sandbox gameplay.

Love your work Dev and im already hoping your next future game will be a sequel to this with your grown up daughters or just another Family Game :sneaky:

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
TropecitaGames This update (v0.17 p2 ch 5.0) was great! Good size, lots of progress for the time passing. The renders were really good to begin with and just keep getting better! The animations can get a little jumpy/fast moving, but that could be because of the stuff I have running. I would love to see more, of course, but hey you can only pack so much into a day. You seem to be pumping out content at a good pace!
I would have liked to see the interaction with Olivia, MC, and Betty during the massage instruction. I was more than half expecting to see a repeat of the Dr. office in front of Betty! But I'm hoping you are setting up something even better!
The onion cutting ninja's really got a work-out for the Amanda dinner/meet and greet. I think all of the scene played out great! The lead-in, the body, and the bit at the base again with the Eva interaction! Oh h3ll! I almost forgot to mention the group scenes and the progression through them! WOW! Great job! I'm sure it's a bunch of work, so, Thanks!
The Zeus bit was funny and played along well within the Maddie scene. Like others have said Zeus' interaction during was a 3-pointer! I liked all the Maddie scenes. The different outfits were all good and I can understand why you decided to utilize different outfits for each of the routes. I do see a natural progression to the unified "Love" route. With or without being pregnant it just feels more natural for Mr. Marks...
The Megan scene was a good one and made good progress with her. I did notice something I'm not sure if it was intended or not. Her breasts seem to be different sizes and then switch the side of the difference. The first (pic) her left(on the right) breast seems to be half the size of the other, then change positions(second pic) and the smaller breast looks to be the right(on the top/left) breast. I think she's a cutie but I feel like the renders aren't always fleshed out the best. Don't get me wrong here either, it's not her belly and usually they don't have anything to do with that area. I'm sure she is harder to draw/render since she isn't "perfect" and you are trying to convey that in a believable way. It just seems like some areas in different renders don't seem quite right. You are doing a great job! I'm trying to be constructive here not "critical" if you know what I mean. Great start with Eva for the Dinner/Dance! Can't wait for more.
Question: Did you remove the save naming from the game? I seem to lose that from time to time. I had it with the last update and don't now.
Thanks for the feedback!
I didn't show the interaction Betty/MC/Meemaw because it would be too soon for it. The last update was the first time the MC and Meemaw got "intimate" and repeating the scene with Betty there wouldn't advance anything. They need time alone for it. Showing it would also dilute the conversation between Betty and Olivia, and it was too important for both of them. They need to focus on their feelings about the MC behaving like his grandfather and not on the massage.

Eva and Amanda needed two updates focused on them. They were (jointly with Megan and Maddie) the less fleshed out characters, and it was great to write them a more specific personality. Eva and Amanda have been "sisters" and friends since forever, and they haven't had any conflict until now. Until they met the MC.

Zeus is the comical relief (Emma didn't have too many sentences in this update) so having him overseeing his mascots breeding was a plus. It also teased about the picture Maddie painted for Emma, which will be shown at the pool party. Maddie's progression for a unified Romance path made sense the moment I re-read the scenes. They are enjoying their interactions a lot more in the Romance path.

About Megan's boobs. That's a pose and light thing. Since I apply dforce to the boobs, depending on the pose they look different, and if you add to that the light, it's even more visible. In the side image it's even more visible, since her left boob is hanging and her right one is held by the MC.

I also want to add that you could improve the situation with saves. So that it is clearly visible which page of the saves I am on. This was mentioned some time ago and I was hoping for an improvement in this update. Maybe it will work in the next one.
Edit: And one more thing. A photo of Maddie in a cat suit could appear on her profile as a costume. She looks very sexy in it.
The page issue should be solved by RiamMar, but he has his hands full with other projects right now. I will remind him and ask him for a button I need for the main menu, so he can do it when he gets a bit of free time.
Maddie's profile pictures were tricky depending on the paths. For example, here is my Romance playthrough screen, with the red lingerie in the 8th position, Cat costume in the 12th (beyond 11th is for Special Renders, like Daphne's medieval one), and the black bodysuit in the 13th. It will change from player to player, having the 8th as her outfit in their canon playthrough and 12th and 13th for the other two.
1714814143566.png

Had this game on my watchlist a long time but thought i still wait for even more content especially if its a BIG Harem and im not a sucker for playing unfinished games because i am weak in waiting.

But now i started playing Part 1 (i am now at Meemaaws arrival day) And i love this game so much already this is again a good Love Family harem or harem in general. I like even the new girls especially Debbie.
I am also glad it doesn't have stupid annoying repetitive Sandbox gameplay.

Love your work Dev and im already hoping your next future game will be a sequel to this with your grown up daughters or just another Family Game :sneaky:
Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the first 10 updates (yes, Meemaw arrived in v.0.10, a bit under a year ago). I hope you enjoy the next 8 (bigger ones) as much. You will be at 56% of the published game text-wise, and 34% render-wise, when you finish Meemaw's arrival day.

I always said My Dorm was the game I would like to play, and I don't like Sandboxes (in VNs, I love them in other kinds of games), so I won't add any grinding or repetitive things. I think that, when you have a clear goal with the story, both the players and the dev want to advance along that line, so adding "artificial playtime" by forcing the players to repeat once and again the same scenes is a bad choice.

The next game, already planned, will be a spin-off of My Dorm, but not a direct sequel because, as you know, there isn't a canon ending. It would be weird to add to the next game Eileen's daughters for the player who hasn't impregnated Eileen in My Dorm. I like the Family Harem genre, so the next game will be that genre too, and I thought of a way to avoid saying a definitive goodbye to our beloved girls once My Dorm finishes.

Last edited:

AVNTester2

Nov 13, 2023
there isn't a canon ending
You know there's nothing wrong with making one ending the Canon ending. I've seen plenty of authors/devs that wanted to make one ending the canon ending and at the end were pressured by the loud masses not to make a canon ending. I just wanted to say this is your Story/Game you choose the ending. Even if it is the Full on Harem with pregnancies or Martha Solo route with pregnancy it's your Choice.

But if I can say my Opinion here it would be the Full on Harem with Pregnancies that I would make the Canon Ending in the Spin-off or even a Sequel if you change your mind until then maybe :Kappa: :KEK:

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
You know there's nothing wrong with making one ending the Canon ending. I've seen plenty of authors/devs that wanted to make one ending the canon ending and at the end were pressured by the loud masses not to make a canon ending. I just wanted to say this is your Story/Game you choose the ending. Even if it is the Full on Harem with pregnancies or Martha Solo route with pregnancy it's your Choice.

But if I can say my Opinion here it would be the Full on Harem with Pregnancies that I would make the Canon Ending in the Spin-off or even a Sequel if you change your mind until then maybe :Kappa: :KEK:
My main playthrough is Full Harem, Incest, Full Pregnancy, but it's not the canon playthrough. Every player will choose his canon ending.
I want the next game to be more focused on a smaller cast (I learned that having 28 LIs is too many), so it will be around 8-12.
Doing a direct sequel will mean keeping the 28 LIs from My Dorm (Emma would be 36 when her first daughter is 18, but Meemaw would be 84, and Norah 63) and adding the daughters. Daughters the MC has known since they were born (he will be a present father) but not the players. And there will be ~40 daughters over 18 after the epilogue (in my main playthrough)!
The stories with all of them will advance at a snail's pace, not seeing some of the LIs for many updates.
And you have to add the new students who would arrive between the endgame and the epilogue... A game like that would be unfeasible for a one-man team.
Even if I grow enough to hire employees to help, I will always do the writing (to me, the most important part among a lot of important parts) and give the employees the translation job. That will save "only" 2-4 days per update, so not too much bigger updates.

4.10 star(s) 95 Votes