Others Completed Mushi no Kangoku [v0.71b] [Mr. 183]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

LoveNot

Dec 13, 2017
Blah, After Browsing the editor for this thing, I got one of the birth scenes for the roaches to work, will attempt the rest later
- Regular defeat/sex? (Note scene parts does not loop properly atm)
- Game over scene
- Day time birth?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

eroism

Dec 25, 2019
This game is very nice, but I feel very tempted to recreate it in another engine/framework, skipping the whole CardWrith shenanigans... Anyone knows if the game's license supports remakes? Either that or a way to contact the author to see if it would be ok to do such a thing?

The_Knut

Jul 16, 2021
This game is very nice, but I feel very tempted to recreate it in another engine/framework, skipping the whole CardWrith shenanigans... Anyone knows if the game's license supports remakes? Either that or a way to contact the author to see if it would be ok to do such a thing?
You could try contacting they in their ci-en page, search for VISCARIA - ビスカリヤ on Google (wont add links because the last time I did that my message got deleted for some reason, but it's easy to find links about). Good luck!

eroism

Dec 25, 2019
You could try contacting they in their ci-en page, search for VISCARIA - ビスカリヤ on Google (wont add links because the last time I did that my message got deleted for some reason, but it's easy to find links about). Good luck!
Thanks for the info, it was really easy to find a lot of sites where the author posts stuff, I had some difficulty with finding a channel to speak directly, but that might be my lack of skills on online communication hahaha. I've tried to request permission via email, let's see if I get an answer, fingers crossed.

IonDistorter

Jun 17, 2020
Blah, After Browsing the editor for this thing, I got one of the birth scenes for the roaches to work, will attempt the rest later
- Regular defeat/sex? (Note scene parts does not loop properly atm)
- Game over scene
- Day time birth?

hopefully you are able to make non added ones to work too
great job man

LoveNot

Dec 13, 2017
Looking to re-add some of the old/ unused CG's in some random events, and changing the old events to use the new loop paths of the newer events (Optimization thing i guess?). Looks doable, Prob going to insert the old cg for roach cave as a post sex choice, defeat submission choice (lead to bad end), or some rape event at beach.

Would like to consider adding
-Dragonfly one
-Sea anemone
-Whatever else I saw unused

File is just the event (leading to the old cg) inserted in the first choice for roach scene atm. Some of the dialogue for the old one is untranslated as well.

BakaBaka121

Mar 20, 2020
It's insane how the game is getting such good work being done by the folks here now. It really deserves the attention, definitely one of a kind.

eroism

Dec 25, 2019
Looking to re-add some of the old/ unused CG's in some random events, and changing the old events to use the new loop paths of the newer events (Optimization thing i guess?). Looks doable, Prob going to insert the old cg for roach cave as a post sex choice, defeat submission choice (lead to bad end), or some rape event at beach.

Would like to consider adding
-Dragonfly one
-Sea anemone
-Whatever else I saw unused

File is just the event (leading to the old cg) inserted in the first choice for roach scene atm. Some of the dialogue for the old one is untranslated as well.
Great stuff! Are there many events "partially" implemented and missing from the game?

LoveNot

Dec 13, 2017
Great stuff! Are there many events "partially" implemented and missing from the game?
I dont recall, some scenes were readded with the translations, but a few still weren't in-game

top of my head are the early CG sets/loops
-Dragonfly
-Sea anemone
-maggot/larva
-I think another bug, cidca or beetle?

Last edited:

The_Knut

Jul 16, 2021
Didn't get an answer so far, but started working on a prototype for a remake still, the project kinda hyped me up...

The artist probably dont use the email often, we can only wait until then. Are you planning on doing a 1:1 recreation or maybe also enhance/fix whatever issues the original game had? While I believe it's good to have a faithful playable version a part of me also thinks that since the game is pretty old there must be design choices that could be improved for a better user experience (basically adding Quality of Life tweaks).

Since it's early I also have some suggestions if you dont mind:
- Change the name space width for the mobs so those that have longer names are not cut off;
- Move the buttons to positions where it makes sense relative to the background;
- Show the whole sprites whenever possible by not overlapping interface elements over it.

If the project flies off maybe it would be better to create your own thread to not mix/flood this one. (check the forum rules, dont know if it should be here or in the Mod section).

Last edited:
Reactions: eroism

senator29

Apr 27, 2023
Didn't get an answer so far, but started working on a prototype for a remake still, the project kinda hyped me up...

he's been having trouble with his enty account recently so he's a lot more active on ci en. you can try to reach him there
I think he only replies to Japanese; you're gonna have to use a translator

eroism

Dec 25, 2019
The artist probably dont use the email often, we can only wait until then. Are you planning on doing a 1:1 recreation or maybe also enhance/fix whatever issues the original game had? While I believe it's good to have a faithful playable version a part of me also thinks that since the game is pretty old there must be design choices that could be improved for a better user experience (basically adding Quality of Life tweaks).

Since it's early I also have some suggestions if you dont mind:
- Change the name space width for the mobs so those that have longer names are not cut off;
- Move the buttons to positions where it makes sense relative to the background;
- Show the whole sprites whenever possible by not overlapping interface elements over it.

If the project flies off maybe it would be better to create your own thread to not mix/flood this one. (check the forum rules, dont know if it should be here or in the Mod section).
Suggestions and feedback are always welcome! I appreciate your input and applied some changes to the window resolution and UI elements, I'll share another screenshot when I have the time.

My plan is to make an improved "clone", a remake, but keep most of the original feel. I intend to improve and tweak things that I find lacking, like the combat system for example, being able to read Leah's status anywhere, not only in the room, and other small things that I come across.

I don't intend to change the H events at all, unless I have to for some technical or workload reason. Increasing resolution of the scenes would be a nice plus, but since they are in JPEG format I don't know how to improve their quality besides resizing with AI, which also runs the risk of degrading the image in other ways, besides other non technical issues.

The creation of a thread is a good reminder, thank you.

he's been having trouble with his enty account recently so he's a lot more active on ci en. you can try to reach him there
I think he only replies to Japanese; you're gonna have to use a translator
I've created an account on ci-en, but I'm having an hard time finding a way to PM or send a message/comment to the author, I have to dig a bit more around the site. I'm using a lot of google translate to get around the language barrier on the site already :LOL:.

yunasenna

Dec 10, 2019
I hope the game can be done another way besides Cardwidth..

I am having issues where I can't see the pictures at all.

IonDistorter

Jun 17, 2020

are you coding that on game maker or unity?
one thing i know is: this artist had made many CGs outside the game of the same character and the insects/animals of this game, i dont know he would add these later or if this game is actually a unfinished adaption of his

just giving idea to perhaps add these CGs on the remake.

eroism

Dec 25, 2019
are you coding that on game maker or unity?
one thing i know is: this artist had made many CGs outside the game of the same character and the insects/animals of this game, i dont know he would add these later or if this game is actually a unfinished adaption of his

just giving idea to perhaps add these CGs on the remake.
Neither, it's Godot :). I have a personal bias for FOSS game engines/frameworks.

That's an interesting thing to keep in mind, I think I noticed this collection on Ci-En. There would be some problems with these however, besides permissions, the animations themselves would look different in quality, draw style and the frames from the ones in the actual game.

In case the project advances to such a point, it would be interesting to be able to extend upon what exists, with those CGs for example.

eroism

Dec 25, 2019
Good news, the author responded on Ci-En and gave his permission for the remake, so we're up! I don't want to clutter this thread anymore so I'll check about creating a thread for the development and upload of the project :). I don't know if this is considered a mod or game thou... I'll have to do some digging around in the rules.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes