[mu soft] Otome Function - Waiting Room

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Well, it not because someone is so much slow than everyone is. (aka who take more than 10 years to do this kind of game seriously ?)
Full time worker are fast if they like what they do.
If Tofu is really alone and maybe have a job that doesn't let him finish this game then we will be ten times faster... that pretty low level logic. sry

Unity isn't crap at all for 2D art if Game Designer doesn't suck, so we'll use it. There's nothing more to say about it.
You right, low level Game Designer make crap (whatever they used).

If you take a little bit time to read my previous message then I say we will not use his art so just go learn about legal stuff.
There's nothing to be afraid if it's only game mecanic copy.

Then I never say that few month will be needed to make 4 girls.
I only say " We'll need a month at very minimum before a demo and maybe 3 or more for the alpha".
You just taunt some useless troll.
Try some better Google-fu and come back with something more than words and (empty) promises before calling others trolls. Until you do that, what I typed holds up : you won't make a game on the level this was supposed to be with just a bunch of dudes in a few months. Pre-alpha and all. We don't even know what the art will look like (if you're not copying it) and the gameplay can still be hot garbage, even if your "team" is decent

And INO can still come out and nuke your ass if the art looks too close to what he did for Otome, especially if you ask $ for it

We'll (the rest of thread) be waiting for your "game" in the coming months and you'll be judged on it, until then, it's pure vaporware, even moreso than Otome is/was

Reactions: codiefelix

Krnekdo

Feb 28, 2017
Oh, I remember this back from the HongFire days. The SkyRockets into 20XX year thread. Good times. Is this thread supposed to be a perpetual April Fools? I don't see this game ever releasing, not in a million years. Still fun to pretend that one day it will though.

maxi.kom

Jun 7, 2020
you are too judgmental
First of all, legal disputes will arise if the "new" game is submitted incorrectly.
It will be possible to use old developments and agree with old authors if they "resurrect" from oblivion. Merging teams or % of revenue.
There are not too many fans of "MU SOFT", but if the game matches the quality of OTOME, the audience on the Patrion will be typed quickly.

Krnekdo

Feb 28, 2017
You think? I don't believe in anything related to them at all. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I can already imagine the uproar if this game actually got to see the light of day. But hey, Duke Nukem Forever eventually released (even though it turned out to be quite shit). Maybe one day, in the not too distant 2048, the same will happen with Otome Function. And what a day that will be!

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Not trying to ruin your fun, but I doubt you can/will make the entire game with the gameplay from the systems video for the 4 girls within a few months

Tofu had (probably) most of the art already done and it still took him years to output anything game-related (aka the preview vids)

Then the next question is : what engine ? 2D art on Unity looks like crap most of the time. You can't use Flash (lel), so what's left ? Unreal ? RPGmaker ? Renpy (but you can't have the intractions from Tofu's version) ?

Final point : will INO come out and nuke the thing ? Especially if you're taking $ for it
win win for us. either we get a new touch sim game or tofu needs to come out of the woodwork.
And unity isnt that bad when you have a proper 2.5D middleware.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
win win for us. either we get a new touch sim game or tofu needs to come out of the woodwork.
And unity isnt that bad when you have a proper 2.5D middleware.
It'll be win-win if we get the game uncensored

Skarn

Jul 8, 2018
Try some better Google-fu and come back with something more than words and (empty) promises before calling others trolls. Until you do that, what I typed holds up : you won't make a game on the level this was supposed to be with just a bunch of dudes in a few months. Pre-alpha and all. We don't even know what the art will look like (if you're not copying it) and the gameplay can still be hot garbage, even if your "team" is decent

And INO can still come out and nuke your ass if the art looks too close to what he did for Otome, especially if you ask $ for it

We'll (the rest of thread) be waiting for your "game" in the coming months and you'll be judged on it, until then, it's pure vaporware, even moreso than Otome is/was
Yep, again I see you don't read at all or understand how professional things work.
INO shouldn't pursue anything if a Patreon open because money will be given not for the game but for support.
You so damn wrong that's really funny to read.
I don't know what make you so angry but I don't have to care about it ;) go flame some other dude.

And just to be sure.
Yeah of course it could be garbage at finish ... but it could be better than never had a finish.
Everything can become garbage if not enough polish.
That's exactly why Patreon support and community management can be used for.
Ask all along if the project go to the right direction and allow to see extremly fast if that will be crap and need to be stopped.

There's really nothing usefull in what you wrote ... that really cute.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Yep, again I see you don't read at all or understand how professional things work.
INO shouldn't pursue anything if a Patreon open because money will be given not for the game but for support.
You so damn wrong that's really funny to read.
I don't know what make you so angry but I don't have to care about it ;) go flame some other dude.

And just to be sure.
Yeah of course it could be garbage at finish ... but it could be better than never had a finish.
Everything can become garbage if not enough polish.
That's exactly why Patreon support and community management can be used for.
Ask all along if the project go to the right direction and allow to see extremly fast if that will be crap and need to be stopped.

There's really nothing usefull in what you wrote ... that really cute.
You're still boasting vaporware and empty promises. Do what you say within a few months and come back with results. Then you might have a point

And BTW, I'm the only reason this "game" stayed relevant on Hongfire for the better part of 5 years, I think I know a thing or 2 about stuff. All you throw around is "I'm better with a pro team than 1 dude doing it in his spare time, trust me with your $ that I'll do a better game". Actually do something 1st and show us, then you'll be able to gloat around the thread you beat Tofu

Skarn

Jul 8, 2018
You're still boasting vaporware and empty promises. Do what you say within a few months and come back with results. Then you might have a point

And BTW, I'm the only reason this "game" stayed relevant on Hongfire for the better part of 5 years, I think I know a thing or 2 about stuff. All you throw around is "I'm better with a pro team than 1 dude doing it in his spare time, trust me with your $ that I'll do a better game". Actually do something 1st and show us, then you'll be able to gloat around the thread you beat Tofu
:D I don't have anything to prove to a random useless one which say 9 false things on 10 when he come trolling a post.
Go learn a little bit on how life work then we should ... no even then we shouldn't talk together because why will I care xD
Actually you just look like a pretty little boy that think his though have any better value than others.
Fun but already boring.

Skarn

Jul 8, 2018
Yeah sure, because everybody know how much you did great thing that actually justify your harasment ;)
I only made a proposal by responding to someone and you came to criticize openly pretending that you were the source of absolute truth.
Just stop being ridiculous, will you.

mpaxlamitsounas

Nov 25, 2018
I've send a message to every mail I found about mu-soft studio and offer on it to help to finish the game.
Money, dev, build financial support communities ... I can share my own game studio resources to help with it.
If someone have already speak with devs, let me know how to contact them.
I'll do everything I can to make this end !
omnikuken kinda has a point though? I can claim I have a game studio and that I can take on the project, but I still am obligated to show what I can deliver before I start taking money for it. Well, suppose you really do run a game studio, what's it called? What has the studio produced previously? I think you're obligated to show the community before they send you 8+5k every month.

Your argumentative behaviour really doesn't inspire confidence in me that you won't get pissed with someone and just drop the whole thing midway, a guy calling people on a forum trolls and "really cute" is really not the kind of person I imagine would actually get shit done.

• Haha
Reactions: Skarn

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
omnikuken kinda has a point though? I can claim I have a game studio and that I can take on the project, but I still am obligated to show what I can deliver before I start taking money for it. Well, suppose you really do run a game studio, what's it called? What has the studio produced previously? I think you're obligated to show the community before they send you 8+5k every month.

Your argumentative behaviour really doesn't inspire confidence in me that you won't get pissed with someone and just drop the whole thing midway, a guy calling people on a forum trolls and "really cute" is really not the kind of person I imagine would actually get shit done.
Of course I got a point ......... I basically win any argument about Otome simply by being in the thread, don't even need to post anything ;);)

Skarn

Jul 8, 2018

Yeah, sure.
I'll post details on me or my companies on a forum that hack games ;)
100% smart move
And for the rest if you don't understand how Patreon work that's not my pb :) same on what was my purpose

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Still as empty as ever and claims to know how Patreon works. Delusion is stronk in this 1

codiefelix

Aug 29, 2020
It's just a spam account trolling.
I'd just stop replying as everything has been said, personally I ignored the account (click on username => ignore) :coffee:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
It's just a spam account trolling.
I'd just stop replying as everything has been said, personally I ignored the account (click on username => ignore) :coffee:
He's been on ignore for a while already. It's just funny seeing him try to boast and come up with random stuff thinking it's impressive and/or we believe him .......

Reactions: codiefelix

b4dcrc

Jul 26, 2017
hey kuken and co. Just doing my yearly or so check in to make sure nothing happened here. I kinda miss the old hongfire title tbh. it's actually weird that no other studio did anything similar to hizashi in even remotely as good quality even though everyone that touched that game loved it. Most other touching games didn't even come anywhere close to it.