[mu soft] Otome Function - Waiting Room

KRU

Jan 18, 2018
1.jpg
Since Hongfire died I thought it would be a shame not to transfer this discussion thread here.

Backstory:
Summer 2008 is when it all started.
First mu soft (Toru) partnered up with a company called Sky Rockets.
Then a couple of teasers including demos popped up.
But after that prime time, development on it basically died.
There were just small yearly indicators of this project still being alive.
Last update was mu soft and Sky Rockets announcement of going separate ways and a "downscale" of the game.
It went from ~90$ to ~40$, saying 60% of original planned stuff is in.
Apart from him fixing his homepage and updating the date to 2019 nothing happened yet.

But considering past behaviour I have a strong feeling Toru will soon leave the void again and post an update.
Welcome to the race between Skyrim 6 and Otome Function.

Links:

Demos:

Teaser:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

quc vnh

Jul 13, 2017
There is another demo which you can... ehm... "move soft" thing.

Reactions: KRU

renpy722

Aug 7, 2019
I wish he would just cut losses, just fix whatever left, release it and move on :/

Also AV goes off on the demo in which you can "move soft" thing.

mammonite

Nov 1, 2017
Looks like a evolution of their other (really good) game Hizashi no Naka no Rairu. It's not allowed here, but it shouldn't be hard to find. Look here and here in recommendations for other touching games.
already finished playing it long long time ago , this type of game is pretty good it's interactive . kinda want to play more of this genre.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

LazyDays

Dec 9, 2019
Excellent! HF may die. But we can't lose out on the Toru thread. Though, it's been awhile since he's said much.

Reactions: KRU

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
Bless you for opening this thread! I haven't checked HF in like 4 months, so only now have I seen it's gone... :eek:
Hopefully, this thread can serve for renewed discussion about Toru's blog posts. If there are any Japanese readers\speaker, that would really help.

BTW, the skirt demo link is dead.

Oh, and I attached some wallpapers, they're in BMP format, so I had to put them in an archive.

Reactions: lTTMl and mammonite

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
New mega link for the Skirt demo

Reactions: Onysko

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
OMFG... I remember waiting for this... Although I gave up in 2010.

To me personally, Hongfire died about that same time, when they decided to stop allowing people to share all games. I remember downloading Illusion games from their torrents, and then one day it all stopped. That was a sad day.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

b4dcrc

Jul 26, 2017
This thread was literally the only thing i followed on HF for the last years. Kinda worrying that Toru didn't post in a year now makes me think this game is finally dead. Which is sad as it would have been amazing

Spacefish

Feb 2, 2020
What happened to Toru in disguise guy? I became kinda fond of him ever since I started participating in the HF thread about this game back in 2015?. Can we get a gigantic title like the one in the HF thread? "Skyrockets and even beyond to 2008, ....2020?